Traditionals and 4 legged friends

Do you live in a Disney movie? :D
:) LOL Shawn
We live in a small town with quick access to nice trails, the river and nature. A place I go often to walk is the Upper Canada Migratory Bird Sanctuary where I met "Chippy" the chipmunk and "Ruby" the red squirrel
https://www.facebook.com/UpperCanadaBirdSanctuary/
You get used to the slower pace of small town.... just last week we had to go to Ottawa and we were feeling a bit overwhelmed navigating the downtown core.

Hey Dan -Oh man to have a Chipmunk ( it is a Chipmunk isnt it - kinda looks like one to this dumb Kiwi ) come and eat from my hand would be so so awesome - what a stunning wee thing- I took about a million photos of them when Sue and I were touring the Rocky Mountains in Canada - they came so so close- but not like that - just Wow! And that lovely red Squirrel - just Beautiful!
I was walking with Charlie and Joanne in Vancouver I think it was in the Museum Carpark and I saw my first ever wild squirrel - it was a bigger black one - Charlie and Joanne must have been shaking their Heads as I am getting all excited taking photos!:rolleyes:

TY Duncan, yes, the first one it's a chipmunk I met recently at a provincial park close to home.
They are such beautiful little creatures, so incredibly cute.
My wife and I are immigrants to Canada and just yesterday we were walking the trails and talking about the fascination we had with squirrels when we first arrived :)
Here are a few more shots of Chippy for you :)
GU6BFos.jpg

2aA000N.jpg

QGfItUq.jpg

zCxfbO0.jpg

And....it's really neat that Suzie knows- even if its most of the time, that she is warm safe and loved - and thats a gift that you gave her- which is amazing:) :thumbsup:
We did the same for Izzy- she turned up on our Doorstep just as Sue and I were sharing a tear over our little wee boy Murphy as we were looking at his photographs ( He was a resue wee boy as well ) we had to say the saddest goodbye to our wee boy when he was only 2 & 1/2 with a massive Tumor behind his eye :( , well so we switched off the computer and heard a dog whining so softly- we both looked at each other- and heard it again, went to the back door and here she was- with a bit of snapped off rope around her neck- her face was moving all by itself with SO MANY FLEAS- she was totally beside herself and didn't know what to do, her Bones were near poking through her skin and she had Mange.

I instantly picked her up- put her in the Bathroom washbasin- she would have been 10 weeks old? possibly 12? got Murphy's Flea comb and Flea wash out and washed this poor wee thing Twice, this wee puppy had over 100 Fleas on her- we actually had to stop counting there were so many.
I tell you what- if someone had come to try and claim her? I would have buried the guy in the back yard- I wanted to find him - how someone can do this brings out another side .....
It took a few weeks to get her right.
Anyway - she has never really got 100% over this- she still fights me when I slowly push her on her side to give her tummy rubs- her body tension fights... but I keep telling her how much I love her and then you feel her relax ( a little ) then she lies down - she cant be left outside on her own - she doesnt feel secure, so theres a lot of Imprinting that went on from those terrible distressing first months in her life, but shes been treated like a Queen ever since- and boy does she behave like it lol.
I Love her!
Dog Knife Content, a knife that Paul Hilborn- another Great guy who just LOVES his beautiful Dogs to bits - we both share a knife like this- I think Paul's may be Jigged Bone, but Paul and our Mate Luke in ND made this awesome wee Lanyard for this Knife- I love the Combo, I had two of these Knives- just recently sold the spare the other day - but will keep this knife for a lifetime - with its Lanyard, it has an Antler Tip. Great stuff!
CJIUjP4.jpg

2cCJc9R.jpg

Bless you for saving Izzie !

And....it's really neat that Suzie knows- even if its most of the time, that she is warm safe and loved - and thats a gift that you gave her- which is amazing:) :thumbsup:
We did the same for Izzy- she turned up on our Doorstep just as Sue and I were sharing a tear over our little wee boy Murphy as we were looking at his photographs ( He was a resue wee boy as well ) we had to say the saddest goodbye to our wee boy when he was only 2 & 1/2 with a massive Tumor behind his eye :( , well so we switched off the computer and heard a dog whining so softly- we both looked at each other- and heard it again, went to the back door and here she was- with a bit of snapped off rope around her neck- her face was moving all by itself with SO MANY FLEAS- she was totally beside herself and didn't know what to do, her Bones were near poking through her skin and she had Mange.

I instantly picked her up- put her in the Bathroom washbasin- she would have been 10 weeks old? possibly 12? got Murphy's Flea comb and Flea wash out and washed this poor wee thing Twice, this wee puppy had over 100 Fleas on her- we actually had to stop counting there were so many.
I tell you what- if someone had come to try and claim her? I would have buried the guy in the back yard- I wanted to find him - how someone can do this brings out another side .....
It took a few weeks to get her right.
Anyway - she has never really got 100% over this- she still fights me when I slowly push her on her side to give her tummy rubs- her body tension fights... but I keep telling her how much I love her and then you feel her relax ( a little ) then she lies down - she cant be left outside on her own - she doesnt feel secure, so theres a lot of Imprinting that went on from those terrible distressing first months in her life, but shes been treated like a Queen ever since- and boy does she behave like it lol.
I Love her!
Dog Knife Content, a knife that Paul Hilborn- another Great guy who just LOVES his beautiful Dogs to bits - we both share a knife like this- I think Paul's may be Jigged Bone, but Paul and our Mate Luke in ND made this awesome wee Lanyard for this Knife- I love the Combo, I had two of these Knives- just recently sold the spare the other day - but will keep this knife for a lifetime - with its Lanyard, it has an Antler Tip. Great stuff!
CJIUjP4.jpg

2cCJc9R.jpg
Duncan, what a sad story about Murphy and wonderful story about Izzy. :thumbsup::) I get so angry when I see on the news where another puppy mill was found. Photos of dozens of starving, frightened diseased pups kept in appalling conditions and all the offender gets is a slap on the wrist.

Last edited:
Dan- beautiful photos of beutiful wee creatures- I would be in heaven feeding that little fella!

Dave, I know - and its disgusting and I really cant put in words in what is a wonderful thread what should happen to them.

wRNaill.jpg

My first beautiful boy was a Rottie- Luke, he was a stunning, beautiful Dog- and a big boy at that - you could leave the gate open and he would never step outside it, well...one day he went missing, I was absolutely distraught and looked everywhere for him, I called the local dog Ranger who I knew ( but didnt like ) and he said he knew where he was - but Luke evaded him????
So I asked him where - and it was a house that you could call - not a good one - not good people in there- and if you google some of the ethnic Gangs we have here you can get and idea, and I am figuring that is why the dog ranger didnt pursue Luke any further.

So I went to that House and in those days I was more of an angry young man- and..... that was my boy - I would do absolutely anything to take him home, banged on the door, and this large Maori guy was standing there- and the way the House was built the front door was opposite the rear door in the Hallway - so I asked the guy - have you seen a Rottie hanging around here - this piece of work just said " Nah" (Before I said anything to him I could see my dog through the opaque glass in the rear door at the back doorstep- a big black Dog) - at that moment I stepped into his house - walked past him and said " yeah- whats that then- I opened up the door and there was Lukie.... man I tell ya the guy said nothing as I'm sure he could see that I was there to end this problem.
It turned out this Mutt - owned a dog that was in heat, and Luke for the first time left home to get a bit of action!

I will never forget the fear though as I was looking for Luke- imagining him in a back of a truck - being beaten - taken to dog fights- I was so sick with fear for his safety, and was at the point where the law didn't matter - whew....horrible, just horrible, I never want to experience that fear that I felt while looking for Luke ever again in my life - when I saw him through that Door - the feeling was pure rage and pure relief all at once.

My beautiful Luke stayed with me for 14 1/2 years before we had to say goodbye, Man.... he was my first - before the children- just a stunning boy! I miss him to this day, as well as the horrible loss of young Murph - how they leave their mark! - at times with the traits we Humans have I wonder if we deserve such Loyalty - these amazing creatures are simply a gift that we should all treasure - which it seems us folk here do- which is SO GREAT to see and read and see your beautiful Fluffy friends.

Im looking over at Izzy - still in front of her Heater lol

Hartshead in my pocket today

bFlGFpl.jpg

Last edited:
Man, great pictures and stories, y'all! Really Appreciate everyone playing, it's great to see everyone's furry friends! Here's one from this afternoon, he just loves this tall brush, deer have been bedding down in there lately and he can't control himself.A.jpg

Majestic looking felines. You must feel so honored to have been chosen to serve them.

- thank you.

Yes, the older they get, the more I feel I serve them...!

They are both real characters, very different from each other. Both highly affectionate. Very much fur-child.

Like many pets, but particularly cats from what I sometimes hear.......talk to them, cherish them, understand them..........they give it back in spades.

My beautiful Luke stayed with me for 14 1/2 years before we had to say goodbye, Man.... he was my first - before the children- just a stunning boy! I miss him to this day, as well as the horrible loss of young Murph - how they leave their mark! - at times with the traits we Humans have I wonder if we deserve such Loyalty - these amazing creatures are simply a gift that we should all treasure - which it seems us folk here do- which is SO GREAT to see and read and see your beautiful Fluffy friends.
Another great story Duncan thank you. :thumbsup::)

I'm sure most of you have heard this one but it still makes me chuckle. If you put your girlfriend and furry friend in the trunk of a car for a half-hour when you return to let them out. Wich one is happy to see you? :p

:) LOL Shawn
We live in a small town with quick access to nice trails, the river and nature. A place I go often to walk is the Upper Canada Migratory Bird Sanctuary where I met "Chippy" the chipmunk and "Ruby" the red squirrel
https://www.facebook.com/UpperCanadaBirdSanctuary/
You get used to the slower pace of small town.... just last week we had to go to Ottawa and we were feeling a bit overwhelmed navigating the downtown core.

TY Duncan, yes, the first one it's a chipmunk I met recently at a provincial park close to home.
They are such beautiful little creatures, so incredibly cute.
My wife and I are immigrants to Canada and just yesterday we were walking the trails and talking about the fascination we had with squirrels when we first arrived :)
Here are a few more shots of Chippy for you :)
GU6BFos.jpg

2aA000N.jpg

QGfItUq.jpg

zCxfbO0.jpg
I have to say I’m a little jealous. We have Eastern gray squirrels here which are cute enough, but if you dare feed them they become aggressive jerks in demanding food, not to mention digging up your seeds and stealing your tomatoes. They can do serious damage if they get in your house. The chipmunks are more furtive, being rightly wary of the cats and other predators. We have wild rabbits which can become used to your presence, but just when you start to become fond of a particular one something eats it (cat, fox, red-tailed hawk). The deer are an outright nuisance. They eat everything in sight, spread Lyme disease, and cause car accidents. They stripped my parents once-lush suburban garden completely bare. Raccoons raid trash cans and carry rabies. The opossums at least are harmless, but not exactly cute.

Here’s my dog Parker, a golden we rescued nearly nine years ago. He’s my companion all day every day, even sits with me at my law office, curled up next to my desk. My staff loves him and clients who know him will ask to have him sit in when we have meetings in the conference room. It’s quite something how an animal can so easily work it’s way into your heart.
27C508B6-1A2F-4E14-A9B0-EEB0921BBFE3.jpeg

8D377EF3-8195-473B-A01B-E2FBF8FCCBBC.jpeg

D3D6CEFC-D26C-49A1-9921-87952EB39652.jpeg

here’s my best boy, Mr Whiskey. He’s also a rescue dog. A local family gave him up, guess they replaced him with a couple puppies. They didn’t do much with him. When the shelter received him he was pushing 120 lbs. It seemed like a daunting task, but with daily walks and a regulated diet he’s down to around 70 lbs. Still not sure what he could have done to fall out of favor with his original owners, but I’m grateful that we ended up with him.

To keep this a bit knife related, here’s my new #92
701D9CE3-99B1-444F-8FF3-E53A60A7A312.jpeg

Parker is absolutely beautiful- I just LOVE it how he comes to the office with you- and sits in on meetings- you are indeed a good person.
Thank you, but in the back of my mind I always have this thought: “Be the man your dog thinks you are.”

I was just looking for a knife photo, and zoomed past these, these are remembrance stones we have in the Garden for Luke, and Murphy...
Great idea! :thumbsup:

Back