Traditionals and Cast Iron Cookware

Here is the first and second stage of the magic of Cast Iron. :p :p :p šŸ¤£

C8DgOPg.jpg

U2fEw9w.jpg

It's a Taylors Eye Witness, made in Sheffield clip point with bexoid covers. Nice little sturdy work knife, has a satin finished blade that takes and keeps a good working edge. Have a good upcoming week and stay out of any rabbit warrens. šŸ˜ :thumbsup:

hRckO2e.jpg

YN4CqTO.jpg
Thanks for the info, I dig it. Like a Barlow without the weight of the bolsters.

You have a good week as well my friend.

I unfortunately haven't had time to do much cooking of late, and when I do it's been on the grill to save warming up the house. Still digging in seeing what everyone else is up to in the kitchen.

I have to share this, almost as a public service. (old pic., no knife, sorry)
This is plant bacon. Tended low and slow to crisp, Iā€™ve tasted worse things..but
Expensive, yes, healthy, ?. The ingredients read like a chemistry test youā€™re about to fail.
It does make an orderly presentation, and the dogs are all in with it.šŸ¤£0D761873-F8A3-421C-9768-07DAC1BC3546.jpeg
Failed experiment.

I have to share this, almost as a public service. (old pic., no knife, sorry)
This is plant bacon. Tended low and slow to crisp, Iā€™ve tasted worse things..but
Expensive, yes, healthy, ?. The ingredients read like a chemistry test youā€™re about to fail.
It does make an orderly presentation, and the dogs are all in with it.šŸ¤£View attachment 1867463
Failed experiment.
Definitely looks a bit futuristic... Give me the real deal any day.

Cast iron is the best. As you say, seasoned and cared for is non stick and heathy non stick. Love your knife, looks well used and a favourite.
Thatā€™s an old pic too, and just happened to have a knife in it. one of my grandmothers. Itā€™s in outstanding condition. as her knives got USED! and still do! These were hers and are still in the drawer.šŸ‘5316170D-9677-42A8-A598-80C616CFFCF4.jpeg

Last edited:
one of my grandmothers. Itā€™s in outstanding condition. as her knives got USED! and still do
Love it. I hate knives sitting in cabinets or drawers. They are tools, made to be used. They develop their own character with use, your Grandmothers could relate so much history. If you think a knife is to pretty to use, don't buy it. :thumbsup:

Fully understand. Stay as cool as you can over there. šŸ¤šŸ»
Thank you my friend. New York summers aren't usually too bad in all honesty, but they're hot enough to make indoor cooking a bit trying. Especially after working outside all day, then the last thing I want to do is stand over the stove.

Starting to cool off outdoors, hunting season soon to begin (and fall fishing already underway). Made my first venison chili of the season, going to dip it out of the crockpot in about a half hour for dinner. Picture from browning the venison burger earlier today in my often photographed Lodge 12ā€ skillet - I used the Old Timer Wrangler to open the venison package. OH
Venison-Chili-9-30-22.jpg

Starting to cool off outdoors, hunting season soon to begin (and fall fishing already underway). Made my first venison chili of the season, going to dip it out of the crockpot in about a half hour for dinner. Picture from browning the venison burger earlier today in my often photographed Lodge 12ā€ skillet - I used the Old Timer Wrangler to open the venison package. OH
Venison-Chili-9-30-22.jpg
Excellent, we had our first frost of the year this morning. I almost lit the wood stove, but didn't on principal. It isn't October just yet. I've got to get my Dutch oven seasoned back up for the up and coming indoor cooking season.

Out son-in-law won this grill at work. As a kid, our daughter worked at a Tastee Freeze with my wife (14 yrs. there!) So grill maint. & procedure is second nature. Jury is out for me. Maybe itā€™s the sizeā€¦anyone have experience?
50803DCD-F1D9-48AE-BD21-DEFCDFFCDC25.jpeg

Back