1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

Two For Tuesday

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by mistwalker, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Marl71

Marl71 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Canvas/white/canvas carving pair. Just got the scandiman, excited to put it to work.

[​IMG]

2. Scotcha

Scotcha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Loving this combination. Between the two 99.99% of my cutting needs are met.
    [​IMG]

3. Nbrackett

Nbrackett

Jun 19, 2015
    That's just beautiful.

4. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    that is a awesome combo Abe.
    I wish I could find my Sebenza:(

Marl71
    Sometimes simplicity is best:thumbup:

5. Scotcha

Oct 25, 2013
    Thank you, the spalting on the Lady is just beautiful.

Phillip, CRK has introduced new inlays - Spalted Beech, Bog Oak etc. Have a look at their dealer sites. The spalted Beech is just awesome!!

6. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Abe
    There might be some confusion
    What I meant was..........I have a Sebenza w/ a graphic and I have no idea where it is. I am beginning to think I have too much "stuff"

7. Scotcha

Oct 25, 2013
    You do have tooooo much stuff if you can't find your sebenza :eek:

8. Marl71

Marl71 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Thanks. It is definitely a practical handle material, but something about canvas micarta just feels great in my hand. I like the look of wood better, and fancier phenolics are cool, but for a wood carving knife I think tried-and-true is best.

9. mistwalker

mistwalker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    I know, I know...I'm late in posting this one. I was in the Snokies all week with no internet other than 4G on my phone at times. But I had two with some attitude with me on some of my wandering :)

[​IMG]

More from the trip into the mountains later, but yes... yes they really do shit in the woods :D

[​IMG]

10. Scotcha

Oct 25, 2013
    Stunning knives Brian [emoji106]

11. mistwalker

Dec 22, 2007
    Thanks Abe, I think so too. Now if only I can find a way to trade Nathan out of this Rapscallion :D

12. Nbrackett

Nbrackett

Jun 19, 2015
    Not sure if that's possible Brian. Your pics make it look it look great. Heck, it even makes a pick of poo alluring.

13. mistwalker

Dec 22, 2007
    Lol, it's ok, I will eventually land the one that is meant to be mine :)

14. PolRoger

PolRoger Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2007
    A couple of chopper/slasher(s) from Ochsenkopf (Oxhead)... A hickory handled "Slashing Hook" and a "Gertl Swiss Pattern".

I've got a wooded section/area in the back of my lot with many vines and overgrowth that I try to keep after with annual maintenance and selective clearing.

Also a matching BSS/Handyman combo with navy burlap over natural liners and yellow pinstripes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Nice combo! And given the edged Shillelagh selection, I shall remember to stay on your good side too.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  16. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]

17. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Are these yours or did you send them to Abe for pictures? (thought Abe got that green one)

18. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    they are mine

19. Scotcha

Oct 25, 2013
    But you can send them to me :D

20. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    ill make a note of that.:thumbup: