Ugly Knife Pics

knife-cufflinks.jpg

Balasong cufflinks? Please tell me you’re not calling these out, ‘cuz I would totally rock ‘em!

Kill it with fire!:eek:

To each his own, but I wouldn't put a nineteenth century exhibition piece like this in the same category as some of these tactilol kinfes.

This knife wasn’t really meant to be carried. Knives like this were made exclusively for exhibition to highlight the cutlers’ art. They were so difficult to make they were only attempted by the most notable firms with the most talented artisans. They could be seen at various fairs and industrial expositions during the nineteenth century. This particular knife was made in Solingen, Germany about 1880 for J. S. Holler & Co.’s cutlery store in New York City. It was used it to display the fine craftsmanship available to their customers. At the time, German cutlery firms were attempting to establish themselves in the American market, which was dominated by the firms of Sheffield, England. The workmanship and complexity of this knife make it one of the finest examples of the cutlers’ art in America.
National Museum of American History, Kenneth E. Behring Center

To each his own, but I wouldn't put a nineteenth century exhibition piece like this in the same category as some of these tactilol kinfes.

This knife wasn’t really meant to be carried. Knives like this were made exclusively for exhibition to highlight the cutlers’ art. They were so difficult to make they were only attempted by the most notable firms with the most talented artisans. They could be seen at various fairs and industrial expositions during the nineteenth century. This particular knife was made in Solingen, Germany about 1880 for J. S. Holler & Co.’s cutlery store in New York City. It was used it to display the fine craftsmanship available to their customers. At the time, German cutlery firms were attempting to establish themselves in the American market, which was dominated by the firms of Sheffield, England. The workmanship and complexity of this knife make it one of the finest examples of the cutlers’ art in America.
Put in that context, I have newfound respect for the piece.

I think that knife is awesome. If you look it even has a little tiny foldout revolver on the top left and a kris blade on top right.

I remember this advanced piece of knife BS tech. An attempt by Mantis to circumvent the rules and gain an unfair advantage. This looks alot like some of Brous's first knives under KutThroat Knives.
Like this knife that was created to lure in suckers who have never even used, let alone held, a knife before.

AEs6PQV.jpg

No function, no form. Gak.

This knife almost reminds me of those trick gum packs where you take the gum and it snaps on your finger. For this knife when you want to prank your friend you simply hand them the knife. When the grip the handle it causes the liner to unlock and the blade shuts on their fingers. Hilarious!!!

Back