Walking Dead season 8 (Spoiler Alert)

So if they follow the same old pattern Neegans death will happen at the mid season finale, so we have to tune in to see him die at the start of the next half of the season.

They can hit 20 walkers in a row(headshots) from 75ft with an M9 (Beretta must being paying a ton for all those close ups in both series) but can't hit a living person with a rifle from 50ft.
I think the Beretta 92 gets so much screen time because it is pretty much the iconic high cap semi auto pistol. Other than western movies, if there's a shootout going it's a safe bet that you will find some variant of the Beretta emptying some magazines.

I don't know where to begin with the tactical mistakes made by both sides. And don't have the time. Spent it all on "Strat Talk" yesterday. Also under "Tuica." Check it out if you care. That site also one of the best for Fender guitar discussion.

Last edited:
Since we’re gonna have to see him in every episode, can we at least get an episode where they show how he used to be a “nice guy” who turned into post apocalyptic Hitler for any reason at all? It wouldn’t even have to be a good reason

Since we’re gonna have to see him in every episode, can we at least get an episode where they show how he used to be a “nice guy” who turned into post apocalyptic Hitler for any reason at all? It wouldn’t even have to be a good reason

I think I read that is planned.

I think he was "a man of many talents" salesman, football coach, some other "people/motivational" skills

I can definitely see at least one full episode based on the Here's Negan storyline. I stopped reading the TWD comics at #115 because that's where the show eneed last season. I think the show wouldn't be as entertaining if I already had an idea of what is going to happen.

Well, I finally saw it... man, if you want a guy dead, just shoot him already... Come'on Rick. I don't get all this "it's your last chance stuff"... and how are they taking out guards with bows and arrows at great distances, and missing everyone else with automatic weapons at closer range. And if I was in a confined space holding an assault rifle and a very recognizable, menacing voice spoke to me from the darkness, I would have lit that corner of the room up. Me with an automatic weapon vs guy with a bat, with enough room the wield that rifle= dead guy with bat. OK, rant over... sorry guys. I don't know if I can watch this show anymore. While I know that it's just a show, it seems that it's degenerated into a lot of stylized posturing and speech-making... and, lately, a bit too Mad Max/ Road Warrior-esque without the mayhem and fun of those movies.

Negan stepping out into the open in front of Rick was a stretch in itself. I don't care how big a set you have, when the dude who has told you twice that he is going to kill you shows up at your place armed to the teeth, stepping outside unarmed to talk trash is not going to be on your list of things to do.

I don't care WHAT Rick said (I think earlier he said in his speech, I'm going to kill Negan, or Negan is mine, or some such), if I had been any of that group, as soon as the group got out on the balcony (so they're all exposed), I would have put a bullet through Negan's teeth, and then started down the line from there as long as they were exposed. Including the traitor. No quarter, put them down.

I really like how they all hid behind sheet metal siding like that would protect them. That stuff isn't even gonna slow a bullet down, much less stop it.

Garth
What do you mean. The bullets just turn into sparks. Learned that from back in the day when I used to watch the A Team.

Well, I finally saw it... man, if you want a guy dead, just shoot him already... Come'on Rick. I don't get all this "it's your last chance stuff"... and how are they taking out guards with bows and arrows at great distances, and missing everyone else with automatic weapons at closer range. And if I was in a confined space holding an assault rifle and a very recognizable, menacing voice spoke to me from the darkness, I would have lit that corner of the room up. Me with an automatic weapon vs guy with a bat, with enough room the wield that rifle= dead guy with bat. OK, rant over... sorry guys. I don't know if I can watch this show anymore. While I know that it's just a show, it seems that it's degenerated into a lot of stylized posturing and speech-making... and, lately, a bit too Mad Max/ Road Warrior-esque without the mayhem and fun of those movies.
I think Anna from the movie Van Helsing said it best... " I think if you're going to kill somebody, kill them! Don't stand around talking about it!"

I don't care WHAT Rick said (I think earlier he said in his speech, I'm going to kill Negan, or Negan is mine, or some such), if I had been any of that group, as soon as the group got out on the balcony (so they're all exposed), I would have put a bullet through Negan's teeth, and then started down the line from there as long as they were exposed. Including the traitor. No quarter, put them down.
Yep. And he wouldn't have gotten the benefit of some 9mm spray & pray either. Center mass with a deer rifle like that Remington 7400 that Michonne has been carrying would've fit the bill nicely.

The walking dead jumped the shark a while back. I don't care how close they play to the comics it is still just so much stale and repetitive tripe. It is well past time to end this series. I will be looking forward to seeing additional Busse knives in whatever eventually replaces this unimaginative trash.

n2s

I don't know if I'd go THAT far. But I certainly get tired of the constant lack of common sense. I can't even call it tactical sense. I mean, like I said above regarding tapping Negan and the Savior leadership. Who in their right mind, having already stated that he's gonna kill Negan, would stand around and talk about getting him to surrender instead of just getting the deed done like putting down a rabid dog. What was he going to do if they all surrendered? Have a friggin' trial???!!!

He wasn't even talking about getting Negan to surrender; just Negan's Lieutenants. Whether they gave in or not, taking out Negan would have created a power struggle among the wannabe leaders of the Saviors, which could only have acted in favor of Rick's group, if Rick weren't so damned incompetent.

Seems to me the writers are crapping out this season. More action but near no plot. Maybe that is just me not being able to follow it. IMO they are jumping around way to much.

Back