Walking Dead Season NINE (SPOILERS)

There’s now Haunted Lizards in The Walking Dead? Thanks a lot for the spoiler...;-)

I definitely think the bearded guy who dropped the logs on a certain someone was responsible for the final scene in the episode.

I also didn’t notice until later, but when Eugene saw the guy with no fingers and kind of cringed it was a callback to the Season 8 finale when the saviors used “defective” ammo

Just something in my head is telling me that it is the kid with the staff.

It would be awesome if Carol had to make another kid look at the flowers.

I definitely think the bearded guy who dropped the logs on a certain someone was responsible for the final scene in the episode.

I also didn’t notice until later, but when Eugene saw the guy with no fingers and kind of cringed it was a callback to the Season 8 finale when the saviors used “defective” ammo
Good call. I failed to make the connection there. For some reason my mind was thinking it was the results of Negan brand of punishment but now that I think of it, there was a woman with that condition and he wouldn't have done that to a woman.

I went back and cleaned mine uo too. Hey littlehoot, I stopped reading the comic at the start of All Out War and was thinking it might be about time to read up to the point where they catch Negan. Off the top of your head can you remember if there are any major deaths or events in that part of the comic that have not yet been covered by the show and would warrant waiting a while longer?
Hopefully no spoilers in this...
I only read the periodic synopses, there are a few deaths, iirc, but I don't remember who or when. I will say, afaik, none are "major" characters. There should be some interesting things this season or next based on what it looks like they are doing.

We should learn more about Negans backstory, as well as what makes him tick.

He does have a "code" he follows, some of which you've seen...but even some lines he won't cross, which hopefully we'll discover.

Edit to add: There is much I could add, based upon new upcoming characters and storylines (that the network has announced) but in case y'all are not familiar, I'll not elaborate, except to say that they are going to "need" everyone, and what is coming makes previous conflicts pale in comparison (not necessarily volume of blood and or death, it's more about the "how" , but it will be big)

Last edited:
I only read the periodic synopses, there are a few deaths, iirc, but I don't remember who or when. I will say, afaik, none are "major" characters. There should be some interesting things this season or next based on what it looks like they are doing.

We should learn more about Negans backstory, as well as what makes him tick.

He does have a "code" he follows, some of which you've seen...but even some lines he won't cross, which hopefully we'll discover.

Hopefully no spoilers in that.
I did read the Here's Negan series. It's actually what led me to read the comics. For some reason, for me when he showed up on the show he was instantly the biggest character/personality on the show but with no backstory something really seemed missing.

Well I can’t say I feel too bad for the dead party tonight, if you remember, “No exceptions” is what Negan said before he rocked Glenn.

Did anyone notice on the building at the building the words "final warning" in white?

Haven't we seen some other messages the last few episodes? Or am I imagining that?

I did read the Here's Negan series. It's actually what led me to read the comics. For some reason, for me when he showed up on the show he was instantly the biggest character/personality on the show but with no backstory something really seemed missing.

In thinking about your previous post about major characters deaths, I believe I thought of a couple of possibilities I had not considered.

But, with the number of splitting and recombining of character arcs, it's hard to be sure.

Did anyone notice on the building at the building the words "final warning" in white?

Haven't we seen some other messages the last few episodes? Or am I imagining that?
Yeah, when the Oceanside girl said “Simon gave us our Final warning” I assumed it was the saviors who painted that on the building

In thinking about your previous post about major characters deaths, I believe I thought of a couple of possibilities I had not considered.

But, with the number of splitting and recombining of character arcs, it's hard to be sure.
I went an binge read about ten more issues and got to about where I feel the show is now. One thing that I am having a hard time figuring out is how do they keep the show even close to the comics if they write Rick out if the show? I'm thinking it will be one of two possibilities that I'm seeing. First, the one I've already mentioned where AMC is trolling and Rick just crosses over to Fear for a while and slides into Morgan's budding community. Second, one of the show characters is very comic book Rick-ish looking recently. Maybe they just swap in a new "Rick" that has a different name?

Tonight is the night, what are you hoping to see in this episode?
Little late to say what I was hoping to see but I just can't figure out why they keep the Sanctuary. What do they make there that makes it worth holding onto? Seems to me that they would be better off telling the people that live there that they can either be absorbed into Alexandria and Hilltop or do their own thing. Stay, leave, whatever, but no more making supply runs there to keep them going.

I went an binge read about ten more issues and got to about where I feel the show is now. One thing that I am having a hard time figuring out is how do they keep the show even close to the comics if they write Rick out if the show? I'm thinking it will be one of two possibilities that I'm seeing. First, the one I've already mentioned where AMC is trolling and Rick just crosses over to Fear for a while and slides into Morgan's budding community. Second, one of the show characters is very comic book Rick-ish looking recently. Maybe they just swap in a new "Rick" that has a different name?

Speculation here, but I believe we will see a melding of comic book Rick and comic book Carl, and Daryl will assume those storylines.

Speculation here, but I believe we will see a melding of comic book Rick and comic book Carl, and Daryl will assume those storylines.
Good theory, the thing that has me twisted right now is the A and B thing in relation to the helicopter people.

Back