1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walking Dead Season NINE (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by gdog363, Oct 7, 2018.

1. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    Is it just the sheath maker/Scout Leader in me or do others find Rick's forward facing non-edge covered hatchet UN-nerving ?
    Maybe that is what takes him out ?

Meshach and Angusbort like this.
  2. Matthew W.

Matthew W. Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 25, 2018
    They need to wrap it up while there’s anyone left that actually cares.

MattinLA and LizaMari like this.
  3. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    When I saw that, I said to my wife, "That's sure unnerving!" Or words to that effect.

4. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    Not sure yet, but I believe it's referring to "alpha" & "beta"

5. BlackKnight86

BlackKnight86 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2003
    Too easy. I bet it's something else; but that's what they want us to think.

6. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I wonder if that helicopter is how they are going to pull Rick out of the show and possibly leave it open so he can return.

7. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    That seems like a real possibility.

8. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    Makes me wonder if Jadis' job was to keep an eye on the various groups in her area to see who rose to be leaders and which of those leaders were actually good people. If any part of the US government is still up and running in any way (which I'm sure it would be) chances are the rest of it will need to be rebuilt, and they definitely would not to fill it with murderous warlords. Wouldn't it be something if this series ends with Rick's presidential inauguration? Lol!

tuica likes this.
  9. Surfsidemel

Surfsidemel

Jun 16, 2015
    The group I watch with noticed this immediately. It does seem really strange that he would carry a Hatchet, Blade uncovered and facing forward and never get cut or banged up. It really makes no sense, especially considering all the recent action scenes where Rick is running with arms swaying and motioning back and forth. We just figured he would be ok considering it is a FOAM Axe, besides it's not in the Script. LOL!! They really need at least One Boy Scout on the Prop Crew.!!!
    Before the last scene of the last show of FTWD I was sure they were going to merge both shows, but then Morgan revealed the Damn and shot my theory to H-ll. Figured Cowboy could take over for Rick. I was sure they would not kill off Rick, but somehow have him leave in some mysterious way that kept the door open for a possible later return. It does seem like the show will really be lacking something without Rick Grimes, although he is starting to revert back to P-ssy Rick like he was after the arrival of Negan, before he rediscovered his Nut-Sack ( he does seem to have lost it again since the scene with Morgan and him in the Building with the Saviors that broke out of Hilltop & the Walkers.)
    I just don't want to see a boring show with everyone getting along, what's that about? Without a steady stream of gratuitous violence and Zombie Gore, the show really has nothing. If I wanted to watch a Drama with in depth character development and constant Over-Dramatacized scenes, love scenes, etc.... there are plenty of day-time Soap Operas to choose from.
    Sure hope the future is bright, or Dark depending on how you look at it (with a new group to confront or some other form of steady violence.)
    Surfsidemel

10. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    That had crossed my mind as well, using that line as foreshadowing that other storyline a bit

11. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    I kind of like this theory.

tuica likes this.
  12. fishface5

fishface5 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Well this latest episode was really contrived. Seems like they are just focused on getting from one plot point to the next without worrying about character consistency at all.
    At least Rick didn't have his arms stretched out on the cement block at the end, or fall into a crown of thorns

tuica likes this.
  13. Surfsidemel

Surfsidemel

Jun 16, 2015
    Wow! Even though we knew it was coming, that was kind of Anti-Climatic. Funny how that horse was so Mellow when the hordes were first coming towards it and she waited patiently for Rick and Daryl to have their dramatic Make-Up just as the horde was right on them, then when the horde was almost half a block away it Bucked Rick off, and then again in the very last scene after it had bucked Rick off, she is again waiting patiently for Rick again. I really feel that Rick after all he's done and been through deserved a more gratifying Ending than being thrown from a horse and being impaled on Re-bar. Remember Rick has been riding horses since Episode 3 IIRC, all the way to Downtown Atlanta. Just too Anti-Climatic in my honest opinion.
    Surfsidemel

14. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    So, Rick is gone? No chance of coming back?

Horse didn’t get eaten, did it? If so, f-it, I’m not watching this episode.

15. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    I am thinking he is not going to die. He will be the one Ann trades to helicopter group. They pick him up and take him allowing for a possible return. Don't know what this group is up too wanting A and Bs and it doesn't seem to matter if they are alive or dead as Ann was going to turn preacher to give them for payment.

dogboye and tuica like this.
  16. gdog363

gdog363 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I’d like to think Rick will have a happy ending, but, Death rides a pale horse. Look at the horse Rick is riding.

tuica and dogboye like this.
  17. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    I'm wondering if one of those two groups of walkers is actually the "whisperers" that Nicotero mentioned a few weeks ago on Talking Dead. I thought he said that we'd be seeing them within the next couple episodes.

18. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    Remember in season 1 or 2 when that scientist's research came to an end when the last of his freshly turned/turning brain specimen got destroyed? I wonder if that is what she is doing. Specimen collecting for a government/military research program? Maybe A & B means After and Before?

19. gdog363

gdog363 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2017
    945CDC71-46E3-473B-8976-8BC1BF84B621.jpeg
    Pretty sure I spotted one already...

20. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Well, I obviously picked a bad Sunday to put off watching until Monday!