Watch out! This might be a trap!

Hey xtramile,

I've been playing with your adjustable loops and they're pretty neat, but I think I prefer the Bowline in a Bight - possibly bias, on my part :confused: However, I think, my buddy Phil is going to like it - he's long wanted the upper loop replaced with an attached toggle, so he didn't have to chase after it, every time we set it up. I've always objected because of the loss of quick adjustment, so, this might be the answer.

More importantly, to me at least, is this might be the answer to another problem - the upper nail trap cord. I've wanted a way to quickly adjust the trigger release loop in relation to the upper trigger loop and I think this fits the bill. More experimentation, yet, to be done, but looking good so far. I'll report back on what I find. So, thank you for showing me this knot. And, who knows what other applications I can find for it?

Doc

xtramile - I played around with your knot a bit:

[video=youtube_share;VVwymGEdjvE]http://youtu.be/VVwymGEdjvE [/video]

Doc

I am digging that trigger alot!
will try it out later this week.
I HAve another simialur trigger picture only (see attachment).
found this online years ago. can not find it now! I ONLY KNOW IT AS Ed'S TRIGGER .
I have made a rope torsion spring device to power a DOG SLAP TRAP. see pic.
a neighbor is walkin thie dog in my back yard when I am at work. NOT cleaning up the "Lawn Bombs".
So, I am mounting this on my gate to slap them as they pass my iron gate.
I need help as the directions are too fuzzy to make out.
thanks,
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2881/9303649564_b2c76b6248.jpg
Slim49
98926240@N02

Last edited:
Heres a neat trigger I found years ago on the web.
Ed's Trigger is all I know it by.

I am planning to use it to trigger a Rope Torsion Spring mechinsum I made.
I am going to "SLAP" a neighbor & or their Dog sneaking into my back yard to leave Doggie Bombs!
see pic.

Thanks,
Slim49

Most green limbs or saplings lose their "spring" in a very few days, some lose it in hours. That is not a downfall of this particular trigger, of course. It is a problem common to all snares that utilize a "spring pole". For this reason, I greatly prefer to use a suspended weight to 'power" the snare. I also favor a "one-way" slip device on the snare loop itself. snares also have the problem of dogs, cats, foxes, etc, eating your catch before you get there. For that reason, i prefer to use "box traps", made out of overlapping sections of fence wire (making the mesh smaller, you see).

Back