Waved Paramilitary 2: The knife I didn't realize I've been waiting for

I'd been considering a waved Delica, Endura, or Endela when I happened across this thread. What a perfect alternative for my needs! BF is great at costing me money. ;):D

I have owned several Spyderco waved knives, but this one is probably my favorite. The only thing is that I wish the scales were smoother than the default PM2 texturing.

I have owned several Spyderco waved knives, but this one is probably my favorite. The only thing is that I wish the scales were smoother than the default PM2 texturing.

If smoother (but not smooth) is preferable, a trick I employ on rough G10 is "buffing" the scales for about 15 minutes apiece on an old pair of jeans. I've never done this to a Spydie, but I do it to all of my Emersons; it basically provides several weeks/months of pocket wear without generating any nasty G10 dust (like sanding would).

I got mine today that I picked up for the PM2 collection as completionist but its shear beefiness with its sabre grind and secondary bevel (as illustrated earlier with great comparison pics) begs, no, it demands to be carried. So I just ordered another. It's so nice to have a full week ;) in stock to make such a decision. o_O:)

Mine arrived 5 mins ago. the blade is impressive -- razor shape out of the box. The action is smooth. it looks much better than that in pictures.

but .........................I hate to say But, just found the grind of the bevel is strange, the first one I ever saw on a Spyderco. Normally I don't care about small QC issues.

CoDJcCH.jpg

Mine arrived 5 mins ago. the blade is impressive -- razor shape out of the box. The action is smooth. it looks much better than that in pictures.

but .........................I hate to say But, just found the grind of the bevel is strange, the first one I ever saw on a Spyderco. Normally I don't care about small QC issues.

CoDJcCH.jpg
Wow that’s terrible. I bought 2 and they both have tiny unevenness around the tip area. I’ve also seen pictures on instagram and most of has slightly wave grind.
But yours is the most terrible I’ve seen so far.

CoDJcCH.jpg
I'm sure a call to Bladeops would quickly rectify the situation. And if not, Spyderco will take care of you.

Mine has some unevenness around the tip as well, but like others have said, this is the worst I've seen so far. Sorry man

I just swapped the scale with Flytanium Ti scale. The knife is now perfect. The heavier blade is really made for the titanium scale. The knife is now much better balanced because it’s blade heavy. With the original g-10 handle, the waved PM2 looks like a muscular dude with skinny leg.
The new configuration with Ti scale and Lynch clip weighs 5.35oz which is slightly heavier than the Sebenza/Inkosi/Zaan but it has much more robust blade. The ZT0562Ti weighs about the same.
A normal PM2 with the same flytanium scale and lynch clip weights 4.95oz, so overall the wave only adds 0.4oz more. IMO the skinny FFG blade really doesn’t suit the Flytanium scale well because the blade is too light and too handle heavy, so it’s not balanced.

I just swapped the scale with Flytanium Ti scale. The knife is now perfect. The heavier blade is really made for the titanium scale. The knife is now much better balanced because it’s blade heavy. With the original g-10 handle, the waved PM2 looks like a muscular dude with skinny leg.
The new configuration with Ti scale and Lynch clip weighs 5.35oz which is slightly heavier than the Sebenza/Inkosi/Zaan but it has much more robust blade. The ZT0562Ti weighs about the same.
A normal PM2 with the same flytanium scale and lynch clip weights 4.95oz, so overall the wave only adds 0.4oz more. IMO the skinny FFG blade really doesn’t suit the Flytanium scale well because the blade is too light and too handle heavy, so it’s not balanced.

Could you pls share some pic after the upgrading?

while I am returning my faulty one, I am still thinking get one. The blade is really something special.

The sabre grind and wave feature definitely caught my attention. However, seemed like a waste not to offer a DLC version. If they offer a DLC'd version I will definitely buy that.

Back