Week-end Post, What Are You Doing

Boy I been moving snow this weekend as well. And we got more coming in this week as well. Pray for better days. Hope you all are doing ok. God bless and have a nice day in your shop. :thumbup:

Terry

First day i've had shop time all year... my goal of 12 finished knives this year is a bit behind... knowing how long it takes me on average currently! But i've got a good start now on my first of the year. Have all rough ground out a cable damascus dagger right now. My first try at a dagger.

dagger1.jpg

Building the cabinet for my toy lathe
yesterday I put in a new bathroom sink/vanity for my wife.
Superbowl with the wife and stepdaughter tonight (stepdaughter's really mad SanDiego didn't make it)

-Page

Haven't seen this thread in a while, so I thought I'd bring it back. Right now I'm waiting for the kiln to come up to temp so I can quench a pile of damascus before it goes into the kiln for it's subcritical anneal. I need to get this done and hopefully forge another billet today (I had a great idea yesterday...want to try to get it done in time for Ashokan). Then I've got more annealing to do, hopefully some finish forging tomorrow night (and more annealing...) so I can get stuff out to the grinding shop Tuesday AM...crap, I have a LOT to do...and doing 2 normalizations, a quench, and a subcritical anneal on all of it when I can't run the kiln while I'm forging means I'm going to be a BUSY guy...

So, what did you guys do this weekend?

-d

Well, I actually made it to the shop yesterday. Worked on some orders and helped a friend start on his own knife. As for today, I am revising/developing the materials for the spinal cord injury portion of the DPT curriculum coming up this October. Not as fun as knife making :(.

--nathan

Hooked up the power to the wood shop (the one I moved) and cut some wood.
Went to a picnic at the home of a Scottish family. Their son leaves to return to Aberdeen for his second year of university tomorrow.

Saw Kansas and Blue Oyster Cult at the state fair, turned the wax to cast the pommel for my bollock dagger, turned the handle in preparation for carving, dragged my boat trailer out of the weeds in preparation for fixing it up to move my boat to Syracuse

Sunday going to take out for Mississippi on my Harley, going to see my grand daughter...... :thumbup::D
Should be gone about five days.
My brother and couple other friends are going along for the ride.

And man am I ready - Oh ya!:)

Later,

Todd

Loading the pickup and the jetboat up and going to go camping on the Missouri river just north of here on the Charles Russel reserve. Bunch of family going to meet up and spend some time. Jim

Just got back from a charity auction event. They auctioned off two of my chef's knives for $300...about half what they are worth. That's OK, because it was all for charity.

Forging Demo in Williamsburg tomorrow. I plan on forging a Scottish Short Sword. Weather is set to be great...Sunny and 72F. We got 13" of rain on Wednesday and Thursday. Luckily, the place where I usually set up is sandy and will have drained well. I always put down a 3/4" piece of plywood to stand on, anyway. It makes a big difference in the way the hammer hits.

Currently doing repousse in 20 gauge stainless steel for a decorative set of strawberry leaves for a custom fencing sword hilt, tomorrow medieval party in the woods by a river, Sunday going down to ithaca to work on building my new grinder

Hey Stacy, I tried a little of the Balsamic reduction in a mushroom garlic sauce, interesting note, a little overpowered by the other notes in the sauce, but a pleasant addition. I will definitely experiment with other dishes to try it in where it has less competition. Thank you!

-Page

Back