What’s the most desirable GEC?

BladeRust

Gold Member
So… what’s the most desirable or hard to find GEC that people want?

Is this an objective question, or subjective? Obviously there’s a lot of subjective answers. But if the question is about rarity and what flies off the shelves the quickest then fetches the most in the secondary, probably one of the Barlows or Northfield models.

That's a tough question and I will be curious to see what others think. I am very fond of several Blade forum knives (see above in this thread), the Beer Scouts, The lambsfoot knives, several of the colored camel bone knives (I love the blue 62), and mabe 20 or 30 others. GEC produced some absolute gems over the years.

There are a number of them that I know get an awful lot of Positive Likes & etc , but this one seems to get the most

But when it gets right down to the nub : I suspect that there are more people who would like to get one like these .

But there probably have been more TC Barlows sold than any other model .

Harry

Last edited:
I’d say the ivory 33 is up there…most of the ivory knives are hard to get. Will get harder too.
For me personally I’d say a 33 whittler aapk knife with that gorgeous etch…that would make me happy. Then I’d use the crap out of it and the cool etch would be harder and harder to read :(

Should be as many answers as there are GEC enthusiasts. Apparently the OD micarta Calf Ropers are quite high on the list, for whatever reason ... :rolleyes: 😅
Otherwise various barlows, whittlers, depends on what someone is into really. Generally I'd say older releases from before 2015 that were produced in fewer numbers although almost anything goes, when you look at it.

Any pattern with the Ole Jack shield. OH
GEC_Krack-A-Jack_761212.jpg

Back