What are you watching & why? (splain)

Busy time. Gotta watch the new season of Alone because I'm callous. Gotta watch Kenobi because I grew up in the 70s. Gotta watch The Boys because I'm callous. Gotta watch Stranger Things because I grew up in the 70s.

I'm feeling a trend.

I finished Ozark and was happy with it. I agree that the suspension of disbelief is strong in this one but I was okay with that. I’ve been watching Better Call Saul as they come out and like it. And I’ve been watching Barry. It’s pretty good. I will say I’m not a fan of waiting so long between seasons and then they split it in half and make you wait again to see the second half of the season.

Busy time. Gotta watch the new season of Alone because I'm callous. Gotta watch Kenobi because I grew up in the 70s. Gotta watch The Boys because I'm callous. Gotta watch Stranger Things because I grew up in the 70s.

I'm feeling a trend.
sounds like you have a lot of callouses...got a feeling this stuff ain't all that you're watchin😉

watched The Green Knight and it was pretty badass. Not for the faint of the allegorical

Just finished watching "Coda."

Zw

The winner of the 2022 Oscar for "Best Picture" and the "best" movie of the year that, still now, no one (except Netflix subscribers) could watch w/o watching a pirated copy of it as I just did.

It is definitely the BEST movie of the 8 out of 10 movies nominated for "Best Picture" this year that I've seen so far.

Who knew a movie about a deaf family with a hearing daughter who can sing would be such a heart warming musical.

Watch it, if, when & where ever you can.
Unfortunately it’s on Apple tv, not Netflix.:confused:

picked up the new James Bond flick at the library today, lookin forward to it. Also picked up the Green Knight

Which "new James Bond flick?" The last one was 'No Time To Die" (2021)

Not the best JB movie IMO but sadly Craig's last. I rank Craig right behind Connery as the best actor to play JB.

Couldn't finish watching "Green Knight." Didn't find it engaging. Skipped to the end of the DVD after about 10 mins and then removed it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it’s on Apple tv, not Netflix.:confused:

Mistake corrected but the point is the same.

Why make a great movie that only a limited # of people can watch on a PNP platform?

I assume that it's just GREED but do the producers/distributors of these films really think people will subscribe to their channel(s) just to watch 1 film?

Maybe on a limited free trial basis (which generates them NO income) but certainly not as a regular subscriber.

So. "they" aren't going make more $ on the film by doing this. They're just limiting their potential profit by limiting its access to the "masses" by means of a theatrical release or open steaming platform for which they can generate ticket and/or ad revenue.

Last edited:
Mistake corrected but the point is the same.

Why make a great movie that only a limited # of people can watch on a PNP platform?

I assume that it's just GREED but do the producers/distributors of these films really think people will subscribe to their channel(s) just to watch 1 film?

Maybe on a limited free trial basis (which generates them NO income) but certainly not as a regular subscriber.

So. "they" aren't going make more $ on the film by doing this. They're just limiting their potential profit by limiting its access to the "masses" by means of a theatrical release or open steaming platform for which they can generate ticket and/or ad revenue.

More than a few streaming services have begun doing this, i.e. movies or series that will never be released on BD/DVD/UHD. They're hoping that eventually, people will go, "Well... there's that.... and that... and that... oh, and now this, too. I guess I could sign up for a month and watch this. I can always cancel after that...".

It's like the neighborhood crack dealer, hoping to convince you to just try a little bit, so you'll get hooked.

More than a few streaming services have begun doing this, i.e. movies or series that will never be released on BD/DVD/UHD. They're hoping that eventually, people will go, "Well... there's that.... and that... and that... oh, and now this, too. I guess I could sign up for a month and watch this. I can always cancel after that...".

It's like the neighborhood crack dealer, hoping to convince you to just try a little bit, so you'll get hooked.
10 cds for a penny

10 cds for a penny
Don't know if I ever mentioned it here, but I had a friend who came up with a creative scam back in my college days.

He'd sign up for the CH deal, then after getting the first 10 CDs, contact them and say, "Hey, I'll be going to Gabon (or some other small country with few amenities) for volunteer work for the next 2 years. I'd really like to continue with your stuff. Can you ship there?"

They'd go, "Uhhhh... where? No, we don't offer delivery/service to XXXX. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to cancel your CH membership. Feel free to contact us when you're back in the USA".

Then he'd sign up again a few months later. 😂

I've finally watched all 10 of the "Best Picture" Oscar nominees for this year and this is how I'd rank them:

1) Coda
2) Belfast
3) West Side Story
4) Dune
5) Nightmare Alley
6) Power of the Dog
7) Drive My Car
8) Don't Look Up
9) King Richard
10) Licorice Pizza

Feel free to disagree and list your rankings instead.

Back