What Buck Do You Have on Order? Or in the Mail?

I have a saunter clip on order too, but in black micarta. I figure I'll probably like it so much I order the green eventually. 154CM steel has me very excited!
Going with the green hoping I can fight off the one of everything bug. If I were to bet I'll end up with one of every flavor tho. :D
Don't have any Bucks in 154 so this will be my first. Have several knives in 154CM and really like it, excited to see how it is with the BOS treatment.

Going with the green hoping I can fight off the one of everything bug. If I were to bet I'll end up with one of every flavor tho. :D
Don't have any Bucks in 154 so this will be my first. Have several knives in 154CM and really like it, excited to see how it is with the BOS treatment.
I'm sure Buck will not disappoint in the BOS treatment of 154CM, this will be my first from them also.

Some of my old ones: I heard from Buck Warranty today and a new 110 S30V blade from the Ebony Collection will be looked at (blade was cockeyed and pivot was making grunching noises) and my old 1970s Ranger and a Buck Rush are getting new blades and a spiff-up.

GPyro GPyro Thanks Gary. Been eyeing those on the bay. S30V for less than $60 is surprising.
I was as well.
Then I'm wondering why there were so many......
Someone posted a pic of a box with a Jan 2023 date and I figured something's up.
I started looking at dealer sites......

Happy Hippo had a thread about a 539 Open Season too, so I'm thinking Buck is doing some build-outs of these.

Nice order. I love that setup, I've built that one a few times on the website and never had the guts to pull the trigger. You've gotta post pics when you get it.

I’ve built it several times too but this time I thought just place the order already. I’ll post some pics for sure.

I found a barrel nut 118 on the bay this morning for about $60 with shipping and tax. It's officially my oldest 118. I guess it could be a 105 though I'm pretty confident it's a 118.
I'll probably send it and an old 121 in for some factory love when it gets here.

Been staring at these long enough, anyone know how hard Buck runs their S45vn?
View attachment 2167706

This is direct from Buck's website in the description on the 040 Onset knife with that steel.

"S45VN Steel
CPM S45VN is a newer, martensitic stainless steel designed to offer improved corrosion and wear resistance over other leading steels. The CPM (Crucible Particle Metallurgy) process produces a very uniform, high quality steel defined by supreme stability, grindability and toughness compared to those produced by other melting practices. The chemical components in S45VN utilize Niobium and Nitrogen in place of some of the Vanadium and Carbon to provide an excellent combination of edge retention, wear resistance, corrosion resistance and toughness. These properties make it a solid choice for blades intended for heavy use, such as an everyday carry or work knife. Rc 59-61"

This is direct from Buck's website in the description on the 040 Onset knife with that steel.

"S45VN Steel
CPM S45VN is a newer, martensitic stainless steel designed to offer improved corrosion and wear resistance over other leading steels. The CPM (Crucible Particle Metallurgy) process produces a very uniform, high quality steel defined by supreme stability, grindability and toughness compared to those produced by other melting practices. The chemical components in S45VN utilize Niobium and Nitrogen in place of some of the Vanadium and Carbon to provide an excellent combination of edge retention, wear resistance, corrosion resistance and toughness. These properties make it a solid choice for blades intended for heavy use, such as an everyday carry or work knife. Rc 59-61"
Thanks pat9198 pat9198 , That should be right in the sweet spot for that steel. 👍

Back