What did you carry while deployed?

alot of people knock crkt but i have loved all their blades. they are affordable and do everything I need them to do.

When I was in the Navy I used a SOG trident and at times whatever I could find to get the job done.

emerson cqc-7, I was issued 2 gerber 06s autos and they were garbage, traded em both for a cqc-7

Randall fighter. Don't know the model number but that was a loooooong time ago in 1969.

Very long time ago, 1978-1980, and I'd certainly choose differently today, but back then I carried an F-S, and small Sheffield-made FB.

Iraq in 2007 was my last "combat" deployment. I am in Comm, I operated a relay station for the Predators to send their video back stateside in near real time, so I never left the base...:eek: Carried a CRKT M-16 with titanium handles, and a Kershaw Chive. Also a Gerber multitool till I broke the screwdriver (actually trying to turn a screw with it funny enough), replaced it with a Leatherman Surge.

In Korea, I carried a few different items. Started of with a CRK Small Sebenza, but ended up trading it out for a Sage 2, then a BM 710, then a Spyderco PM2, and finally a CRKT Eros once it was office only time. Had a Leatherman Charge the whole time.

IDK if i could bring myself to carry my sebenza over here. alot of soldiers have sticky fingers.

Got back from my 3rd tour about a year ago. That time I had these:
P1040190.jpg

SwampRat.jpg

Just got back a few weeks ago (11B). Carried all of the following at one point or another.

BM Grip with the hole. Cut the hole to make it waved. Awesome knife, lost a few months ago and just got it back from somebody random last week.

Spyderco endura fully serrated ghetto waved with a zip tie. Carried in left pocket for a few months until I broke the pocket clip. Never really used it so it wasn't missed.

Busse Active Duty CG. Rode on my chest every day for 10 months. My favorite knife and Ill never part with it.

SYKCO WarDog. It's a beast and I took it along when we were searching for caches because it could dig and pry and never miss a beat.

Multi tools. I prefer leatherman for sure. And by a large margin.

Served from 1986 to 2000. Deployed to Desert storm and Bosnia

All I ever carried was a Leatherman. But if I knew then what I know now...........

Back