What did you rehang today?

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Irongun324, May 1, 2013.

1. Yankee Josh

Yankee Josh Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    I see it too. 2cond, 4th, 5th and last photo. Just looks like a darker steel in front of the eye. That's usually how those look though!

Fmont and Miller '72 like this.
  2. Miller '72

Miller '72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Yowza baby!
    Looks great! Love that mirror grind

Fmont and Yankee Josh like this.
  3. crbnSteeladdict

crbnSteeladdict

Jul 31, 2017
    Mild steel seems to be a slightly lighter than hard bit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    I will look again later tonight but i agree for now, thats the way the steel is...high temper(?), the forging heating and cooling(?), IDK, beyond my paygrade lol! I think it looks the same both sides...i will need to check amd report back:thumbsup:;)

Fmont and Yankee Josh like this.
  5. junkenstien

junkenstien Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 15, 2017
    See the line.Thats not a ct either hoosier or zeke or something.

Miller '72, crbnSteeladdict and Fmont like this.
  6. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    A Hoosier or Zeke would be cool, and a first for me...

[​IMG]

Worn toe and heel...still looks and feels Connecticut to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

J.seaux, DB_Cruiser, A17 and 4 others like this.
  7. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    Last night i finished this lovely project.
    I had a no name Swamper on this Adirondack.

We have had some weather, the norm for New England, but lighting is poor inside and out today:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was a rehang to save the handle and put both together to save as one. They were meant to be:rolleyes:

25" Adirondack
    2² True Temper Flint Edge Kelly Works
    3¼lbs total

8. junkenstien

junkenstien Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Only have a couple ct to go by but thought the tapered poll was what made it a ct,short and wide and pretty straight on the top.If that one is worn a little and the toe turns up like that still and the square poll makes me think its something different.Whatever the name of the shape though it sure is bad ass.

9. Fmont

Fmont Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2017
    I have that same Kelly waiting for a haft. It was on a 29, which I didn't like. I was going to hang it on a straight 24, but dang if that ain't purdy.

Meek1, Yankee Josh and Miller '72 like this.
  10. Yankee Josh

Mar 31, 2018
    What a gorgeous pair! I've been on the lookout for an Adirondack haft for a while now.
    I know what you mean about the light. It seems this time of year I never have enough light to take good photos. But your photos came out pretty good and that is a great hang! Well done Miller!

11. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    I am completely happy calling it badass. Thats how i feel about it too :thumbsup:

Suppose to beach weather this week after the rain too :eek:

Thank you. I keep watch for them also, seems the ones i see most frequently dont quite do it for me. One will come along for us eventually :thumbsup:

Fmont, Meek1 and Yankee Josh like this.
  12. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    This poor handle came to me at about 27+inches originally. This is my 2nd rehang and last, with itlol!

Fmont, Meek1 and Yankee Josh like this.
  13. Fmont

Apr 20, 2017
    I used to be semi-serious about photography, macro in particular. L mount lenses, ring lights, the whole ordeal. Then I had a massive data loss caused by hubris. I haven't been able to give a f*** since. I rarely take pictures anymore. So I apologize for my always poorly lit, slapdash photos. It's trauma induced.

Meek1 and Yankee Josh like this.
  14. FLINT77

FLINT77

Apr 8, 2013
    Beautiful axe (and a perfect backdrop for the pics).

I posted mine a week or so ago, but feel compelled to post it again - even though its a crappy indoors pic

It's a 3² Flint Edge on a 28" Adirondack.

actually, I can't post it because PostImage seems to be down right now, so here is my whole post

Miller '72, A17 and Fmont like this.
  15. Yankee Josh

Mar 31, 2018
    I hung this connie on the repair trial haft.
    [​IMG]
    It took me forever with the repair and also due to the fact I had just barely enough tongue so that by the time I had the bottom of the eye near the shoulder, where I would quickly be running out of shoulder to fill the bottom of the eye, it would be flush at the top. So it was a careful balancing act the whole time while seating the head.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This is one of the nicest helves I've seen as far as grain orientation so I had to try a repair.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's raining pretty hard here now so I can't try it even though I'm dying to give it a whirl. Now that it's hung and I've been thinking about it I'm afraid I have to agree with Square_peg. I think it's going to fail at the bottom of that cut. But who knows maybe it won't. I'll keep you guys posted!
    The last person to file it almost hollow ground it in a couple places. It's not in danger I don't think as It's still sufficiently thick in those places. Have a good afternoon guys!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    I totally recall your flint edge hang and I remember when you posted i was just in the beginning stages of my cruiser rehang...removing the swamper head carefully.
    Yours is spectacular and offered me a little extra kicke, motivation. :D:thumbsup:

Hairy Clipper, Meek1, Fmont and 2 others like this.
  17. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    That sure did hang beautifully, great work Josh. Your patience shines thru in your work.
    It will be interesting to see if, when the handle fails and under what work load if it does.

Super looking rig!

18. A17

A17

Jan 9, 2018
    Maybe you could try a wrap of some sort? Wet leather mask fastened over it?

Yankee Josh, Fmont and Hairy Clipper like this.
  19. Fmont

Apr 20, 2017
    Or a single wrap of like 4oz e or s fiberglass around the area and then a leather collar over that.

Hairy Clipper, Yankee Josh and A17 like this.
  20. JoeP01

JoeP01

Jan 29, 2019
    Photos taken today, of some of the axes I've rehung this year! #yearinreview

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FLINT77, quinton, Meek1 and 5 others like this.