What is the best or some of your favorite big ol' camp knifes?

I've never needed or had much use for a blade over 4.5 to 5 inches or so.
Favorites over the years included a Mora Number 1 and 2, a Western L66, Old Timer 6OT, 7OT, Old Timer "Sharp Finger" (I forget the model number), and Buck 110.

I've never left one in my vehicle. They did more good on my belt than in the trunk, in the glove box, or under the seat.

I know they’re not big, but I’ve yet to find a real practical use for a Ka-Bar. Victorinox Swiss Army Knife, one in the car, truck and boat. Always there...

5-F9-A453-A-99-E6-482-B-AF3-D-A07-ACB004-EBC.jpg

Busse Basic 11 or Seigle custom chopper. I keep a Cold Steel Kukri in 01 in the truck as my beater though.

So many good choices here.

The Becker BK-9 is the default big ol' camp knife for me. For something a little more portable the stout BK-2 is very hard to beat.
Other than the two Beckers, I have also enjoyed used a Busse Basic #7 and found it's size and weight to be a good middle ground for portability and heavy duty use.

Love my choppers, but this one has been on my hip our last couple camping trips. Big, but not too big to be used around the camp.

Good choice. A big knife that carries well. Buck 124 one of my favorites.

No pics right now, but I've been using a Ka Bar Big Brother in leather for just about everything around the average for months now.

It's the best fixed blade I've ever used

No pics right now, but I've been using a Ka Bar Big Brother in leather for just about everything around the average for months now.

It's the best fixed blade I've ever used
I only wish the spine wasn’t serrated, I’d probably use mine for more than cutting pizzas and slicing up melons. Ignore the Spydie, I took the pic for another thread.

Back