What is the dumbest thing you have seen a non-knife person do with a blade?

I sharpened knives for my friends pizza place about once a month.A 17 year old kid was throwing a knife up like a juggler and caught it right across the middle of his fingers on his left hand.Stitches in most of his fingers.My friends response dumb ass kid!!!!!

I bet that kid didn't try it again, though.

I bet that kid didn't try it again, though.

You'd hope not but he wasn't smart enough not to do it the first time so I doubt he'll learn.
Next thing he'll do is brag to all of his buddies and prospective girlfriends about how bad ass he is because he was stupid and ended up with stitches from it - ahhh, to be young again.

You'd hope not but he wasn't smart enough not to do it the first time so I doubt he'll learn.
Next thing he'll do is brag to all of his buddies and prospective girlfriends about how bad ass he is because he was stupid and ended up with stitches from it - ahhh, to be young again.

Aye, sadly you are right, mate. I am young however, and I thankfully don't act like this.

Dija bust the glass?

luckily the glass withstood the impact - the very tip of the knife not - i have yet to reprofile the edge to bring the tip back - good thing is - i have no regrets using the knife hard ever since - you can see the tip and beat up edge in this pic:

My Co-Worker needed to cut a length of 3/8" 7x19 aircraft cable (wire rope). Laid the cable on the floor between the open blade and handle of his Buck folder and proceeded to hammer the blade down into the handle! Yes, it did cut the cable, and yes it did pretty much destroy the Buck . BTW he was quite proud of his ingenuity!

luckily the glass withstood the impact - the very tip of the knife not - i have yet to reprofile the edge to bring the tip back - good thing is - i have no regrets using the knife hard ever since - you can see the tip and beat up edge in this pic:

That's bad. I would be so angry

My Co-Worker needed to cut a length of 3/8" 7x19 aircraft cable (wire rope). Laid the cable on the floor between the open blade and handle of his Buck folder and proceeded to hammer the blade down into the handle! Yes, it did cut the cable, and yes it did pretty much destroy the Buck . BTW he was quite proud of his ingenuity!

What kind of Buck was it?

When my son was in high school playing football , ( he is 35 now !) we were in the stands at the town they were playing,,,it was cold ! I mean real cold! One of the other dads asked if I had a knife? So like a dumba-s I hand him my SAK ! He proceeds to go up to the press box and pop the lock so he can sit inside out of the cold!!!!!! Hands it back and don't even say thanks!!! It had been hair popping sharp!!!!----- took a lot of grinding to fix!!! €%%>^%~>^€€€>>€£

When my son was in high school playing football , ( he is 35 now !) we were in the stands at the town they were playing,,,it was cold ! I mean real cold! One of the other dads asked if I had a knife? So like a dumba-s I hand him my SAK ! He proceeds to go up to the press box and pop the lock so he can sit inside out of the cold!!!!!! Hands it back and don't even say thanks!!! It had been hair popping sharp!!!!----- took a lot of grinding to fix!!! €%%>^%~>^€€€>>€£

I would have given it back and told him "Here, you can keep it - I don't want it anymore since you f*cked it up using it as a prybar."

Former coworker locked his keys in his truck one time, went around asking people if they had a knife he could borrow instead of using the one he had on him. One guy in my department let him borrow his pocket knife, brought it back ten minutes later missing half an inch of the blade. The genius tried to pry his truck door open with it. Another time he also took a brand new lock back knife he just bought, and proceeded to throw it at a cinder block wall and pallets with it open. He said it was to break it in so he could flick it open and close it one handed. He broke so many pocket knives before getting fired.

Former coworker locked his keys in his truck one time, went around asking people if they had a knife he could borrow instead of using the one he had on him. One guy in my department let him borrow his pocket knife, brought it back ten minutes later missing half an inch of the blade. The genius tried to pry his truck door open with it. Another time he also took a brand new lock back knife he just bought, and proceeded to throw it at a cinder block wall and pallets with it open. He said it was to break it in so he could flick it open and close it one handed. He broke so many pocket knives before getting fired.

Wonder he didn't kill himself.

I've got another more recent story.

In the back of the truck on the way home from the store with my best friend/brother (long story). This was a couple months ago, I've taught him a lot about knives since then. He asks for my RAT-1, instead of asking why and carefully observing as i usually do when lending a knife of mine I go back to fiddling with my phone. About a minute later he hands it back to me, no words said.... I look down and there's Peanut Butter on the blade and Jelly all in the frame and pivot. I turn to ask him "What the ----, man? couldn't you wait until we got home?" To which he does not reply. I stare at him for a few seconds and he opens his mouth and mumbles "nuu... amd i twiied two wlick it clwean". I stare at him trying to decipher these words. After a few more seconds he sticks his tongue out to show it covered in blood. The cut Wasn't horribly bad but there was a decent about of blood on his sandwich.... which he still ate. Can't blame him for that last part... looked like a good sandwich and after all that work and getting injured for it... I'd eat it too.

TL;DR - Brother used my razor sharp Rat-1 to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and cut his tongue in the process of trying to lick it clean.

Sometimes the tree is just asking for it and I doesn't matter how nice the knife is. As for the paint can that's just hilarious.

I know what you, mean, man. There is a certain tree in my yard that looks like it's been to war and back a few times. It was hilarious that he ruined his favorite shirt and had a Homer Simpson arm for a couple days .About 4 months later I finally got every trace of paint off i could find... except... The Cold Steel logo remained yellow forever. (Too much work to get down in there)

Last edited:

That is very stupid, throwing a knife to break it in. Wonder how the rest of his problem solving techniques go. I would have been pretty mad about the victorinox, and i would have been super pissed about ther hinderer.

My friend told me he would never own a folder. I asked why, of course, and he told me.

He had a Gerber lock back a long time ago. It had a straight edge on one side and a serrated edge on the other. He tried sawing something with the serrated side and as he was putting all his force into his cut, his middle finger disengaged the lock and the straight edge cut right through the muscle and meat on the Web of his hand. He showed me the scar. Ouch!!

I've tried to find a pic of said knife with no avail. He's now dead set on fixed blades!

So, I just had an interesting experience. My new JK friction folder I won came into the mail yesterday and my family was checking it out. I handed it to my sister and for some reason, she decided it was an excellent idea to swing it back and forth in the open position. She did not have her hand on the extended tang. As one can guess, the knife folded and nipped her finger. It did not cause serious injury. She is 23! No reason for her to act like that

My friend told me he would never own a folder. I asked why, of course, and he told me.

He had a Gerber lock back a long time ago. It had a straight edge on one side and a serrated edge on the other. He tried sawing something with the serrated side and as he was putting all his force into his cut, his middle finger disengaged the lock and the straight edge cut right through the muscle and meat on the Web of his hand. He showed me the scar. Ouch!!

I've tried to find a pic of said knife with no avail. He's now dead set on fixed blades!

I prefer a good fixed blade. They tend to be more useful, but for no reason like this!

There was this customer that came into a shop I worked at, he knew I was making knives on the side and asked if I had anything new. I grabbed the knife I had finished a few days before and handed it to him. He was looking it over and commenting on it and then , before I could say NOOOOO!, he proceeded to test the sharpness of the blade by running his thumb down the length of the blade.:eek::confused: He laid his thumb open pretty good and while dripping blood on the counter said " wow, that thing is sharp. " REALLY?!! WHY???

There was this customer that came into a shop I worked at, he knew I was making knives on the side and asked if I had anything new. I grabbed the knife I had finished a few days before and handed it to him. He was looking it over and commenting on it and then , before I could say NOOOOO!, he proceeded to test the sharpness of the blade by running his thumb down the length of the blade.:eek::confused: He laid his thumb open pretty good and while dripping blood on the counter said " wow, that thing is sharp. " REALLY?!! WHY???

Had someone do something like that. Ran his thumb down all 14" of a machete. He was amazed and slightly annoyed when it turned out to be sharp.

Back