What is your best bushcraft blade?

I am in the market for a new bushcraft blade. Something around 4" in blade length. I have been looking at a ton of blades; Bark River, Skookum, Andrews, Dozier, just to name a few. It will be used for your typical bushcraft chores, building snares, fire building, whittling, batoning,etc. I am interested in what your favorite bushcraft blades are. Thanks!

This little ML knife seems to work well for me, the handle looks rough because I put that on !
With Matt's knives it's never a suprise what the grind will be like, they all come razor sharp and cut like lazers !

P8270012.jpg

PA030005.jpg

Probably my two favorites are my Koster one and the Skookum.

That's mainly because of their size. More compact.

Also like the Charley May I have but it's a bit thinner in the handle than I like.

sbc1.jpg

sbc3.jpg

My best is the Skookum, I like my Kellams and Javenpaa's, and I just got...AND really like the BCNW, pretty cool bushcraft knife.
THis is one that I put together..The blade is Damascus, and basically a close copy of the Skookum, with more of a curve in the edge..which I love.
picture.php

Fiddleback Hunter.. although Hollowdweller is making me sick with his posts... :(

4107258133_ed776d4bb3.jpg

It is truly a tossup right now:

BRKT H&C Forum Knife:

HikingandCampingForumKnife001.jpg

Koster in 01:

Kosterin01001.jpg

Koster in CPM 154:

KosterKnifeandSheathPrototype005.jpg

Spyderco Bushcraft:

SpydercoBushcraft001.jpg

BRKT Kephart:

BRKTFTKephart001.jpg

I also have a Wald Davis that I have taken a shine to...

TF

Made the move to GA, but it'll be several days before we get settled...sorry, not pic's handy:grumpy:

Anyways, I would have to say my top four would be:

Skookum
Andrews Bushcrafter
Roselli Hunter
Bark River Aurora

All of the above have very comfortable handles. I don't mind thinner handles like my first generation Koster and my Charlie May Skifa-Scandi, but as good as they are for carrying, they don't work too well for extended wood work.

I must admit, hollowdweller has some great pics of his bushcrafting blades as well as great taste:thumbup::D

ROCK6

If there is Bushcraft knives, these are a few of my favorites. Koyote, JK, JK Bark River, DJ, Breeden, Koyote.

Attachments

• JK knives 206yy.jpg
    JK knives 206yy.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 137
  • JK knives 207pp.jpg
    JK knives 207pp.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 94
I have many, for better or worse. The Bushcraft Northwest is certainly near the top of the list. I also love the Skookum (usually). My rehandled M2K by Brendan Gausvik has been seeing quite a lot of use lately, too. Anything from Brian Andrews is worth double what you pay.

Bushcraftnorthwest005-1.jpg

Bushcraftnorthwest009-1.jpg

Bushcraftnorthwest012-1.jpg

gluttony006.jpg

gausvikmora2000015.jpg

gausvikmora2000017.jpg

gausvikmora2000020.jpg

FiddlebackHunter014.jpg

I have a Skookum Bushtool on order (early 2011) and am looking to pick up one of the Off The Map Bushcrafters at some point. For the last year though, my Aurora has served me well.

haloblue_BKRT_aurora.jpg

*PS - Another from GA here BTW.

It is truly a tossup right now:

BRKT H&C Forum Knife:

HikingandCampingForumKnife001.jpg

Koster in 01:

Kosterin01001.jpg

Koster in CPM 154:

KosterKnifeandSheathPrototype005.jpg

Spyderco Bushcraft:

SpydercoBushcraft001.jpg

BRKT Kephart:

BRKTFTKephart001.jpg

I also have a Wald Davis that I have taken a shine to...

TF

That's a pretty sweet lineup there Tal....

How do you like the Stainless Koster??

The BRKT Kep looks really nice too. Is it around the same size as the Koster?

I like my Breeden wharncliffe or, believe it or not, my RC-3 with a redone edge. Both comforable and great cutters.

Back