What is your best bushcraft blade?

Walter Davis bushcraft knife :thumbup:

IMG_0695.jpg

Recently (for the past 6 months), this one:

puukko4.JPG

(Lauri 95 carbon, birch handle)

I just ordered a brian andrews terouser and i have to say brian is an awesome guy to deal with he is all about attentIon to detail, and if you dont like something about it tell him and he will fix it to your liking, have not recieved the knife yet but hopefully soon will post a review later when i get it, the only bck i own right now is my mora for the price it is a great little blade, but i do have an nwa sierrascout that is awesome dont know if that qualifies as a true bushcraft knife but it is one of my favorites

Great knives! I am really enjoying this post. There are a lot of great knives and makers out there. The decision is tough. Thanks for all the responses.

any one of my blades here does just fine for bushcraft: click picture for slideshow

For Bushcrafter knife, I love my Bark River Aurora -

9287711-md.jpg

:thumbup:

Last edited:
I have a Skookum Bushtool on order (early 2011) and am looking to pick up one of the Off The Map Bushcrafters at some point. For the last year though, my Aurora has served me well.

haloblue_BKRT_aurora.jpg

*PS - Another from GA here BTW.

A bushcraft knife on a computer....Ironic :)

holy thread resurrection lol. I know why though because a link was just posted in a new thread. and I agree some great classic bushcraft blades in this thread.

Wow..this one was resurrected fo' sho' ;)...interesting if we can hear how many still count those listed as their top picks. For me, the 3v shookum is still my favorite for all around performance.

Last edited:
Yeah, funny how different knife designs and brands sort of move in and out of being the popular choice for a given time period.

I guess at this time I lean towards the JK Kephart and JK Scout Jr the most, I have not had a chance to put the JK Knatchet to work.
01bc9ad9.jpg

These however are all a close second. They will all eventually see use as time allows.
6b9b443d.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking through this thread and was like - HEY - there are some of my old blades!!!

Currently - I carry:

BRKT Rampless Gunny
ML Straight Back Kephart
Fiddleback Arete (Convex in the south and Scandi in the north)
Adventure Sworn Classic Bushcrafter
ML Kephart
Laconico Bushcrafter
Koster Bushcrafter
BRKT Kephart

depending on my mood.

Some are redundant - but I can't bring myself to sell them.

TF

there's a new bushcrafter in town ;)

presenting the Becker Knife & Tool 16 aka Drop-Point Short

100_0205.jpg

100_0193-1.jpg

100_0191.jpg

100_0146.jpg

100_0150.jpg

100_0153.jpg

100_0154.jpg

100_0157.jpg

The production models will be FFG, this one is SabreGrind.

I remember reading this thread awhile back and loved it. Glad someone found it and brought it back to life! I think Im going to try and start using that cool new rock! :)

Back