What is your best bushcraft blade?

For the activities that you mentioned, I'd go for something in a full flat grind and full tang, with a suitable steel to match, O1, 52100, 1095, something like that.

Bark River has a new one out, the Lil Canadian in CPM 3V. That's probably going to be next on my list, after my Laconico's arrive...

So far this one is still my favorite

The BGA Bushy is a drilling machine!

With out that much curve in the blade, you can plain very even.

These are all close 2nds ;)

Well, the term bushcraft blade really narrows it down. Right now, I think this one best serves that role in my collection, a Breeden Cub. I'll echo Rocketbomb's comments on the viability of the RC-3. Not much of a scandi dandy myself.

DSC_0319.jpg

Mine at the moment is my Koster Bushcrafter, but I should have my Brian Andrews Terassur in a few weeks. I think that one will take its place, and my Skookum should be here in about 6 months as well. I have a few laconicos and NWA's that do quite well also.

100_1172.jpg

100_1168.jpg

100_1170.jpg

I have been meaning to get some outdoor shots, buts its negative 15 outside. Been around 0 degrees all week.

....It will be used for your typical bushcraft chores, building snares, fire building, whittling, batoning,etc. I am interested in what your favorite bushcraft blades are. Thanks!

After personalising the profile, my first choice for the past 6 years is the Fallkniven H1, and for the last 3 years has been the same model in the 3G steel :thumbup:

Finecurls1.jpg

Shavingoutthebowl1.jpg

[youtube]Txx_gr7-RPI[/youtube]

[youtube]tEFWxHaIt8A[/youtube]

[youtube]4anxCWaWTXY[/youtube]

My second choice would be the Fallkniven TK2
TK21.jpg

Fuzsticks1.jpg

[youtube]Jkpn1_SaKvc[/youtube]

[youtube]eaM9xNk0z-Q[/youtube]

[youtube]je8CgtP1-jU[/youtube]

Kind regards
Mick

Another vote for one of Matt's knives;

ML Kephart or Nessmuk;

DSCN2599.jpg

Or if you have a REALLY BIG elk/moose, the ML Hudson Bay camp knife;

DennisFosterHudsonbayhandledivory1.jpg

Sorry, but never get tired of posting/seeing pictures of Matt's knives!!

Doc

I like the looks of them but don't own one, yet.
I was carrying knives for 45 years before I heard the term " bushcraft" and never had a problem...LOL
I guess mine is a cheapo, rubber grip, Buck Alpha Hunter since it's permanently on the belt of my backpack.
I'm going to have one of the guys here do me a scandi of my design, with a paracord handle, pretty soon. Gotta be in stainless so I have yet to choose the maker I'll go with.
My other farm is on the Pacific coast so only stainless will work.

These work very well for me :)

Helle Eggen

016138626.jpg

Cold Steel Master Hunter (Carbon V)

016089050.jpg

Kauhavan Puukko

011866175.jpg

Mora 2000

004931101.jpg

Mora Stainless Clipper (both the orange and the green version)

005540506.jpg

Mora Classic #2 (carbon steel)

010692496.jpg

KGD, That's a really great pic of your Breeden Cub and the notebook. :thumbup:

The two "bushcrafters" that I've used most in the last 6 months or so have been the Bark River Aurora and Brian Andrew's Bushcrafter (Off the Map Outfitters).

A pic of the Aurora with Osage Orange handles:

3827273840_da2a864b10.jpg

And Off the Map Bushcrafter when it was new:

3556645415_7bb0a5b5a6.jpg

What a great parade of knives!!
Spooky, I really like that custom handled Mora 2K you show there...very nice!!
I'll have to try that!:thumbup:

Mora #1, the only thing that'll beat it for me would be a very similar full-tang custom. Prefer the #1 to my much less nimble F1 and crew. We'll see how the Roselli Carpenter stacks up.

It's just such a simple, practical design that it's brilliant in my eyes.

I have 3 that are my favorite bushcraft knives. First I just picked up a Skookum bushtool, wow is thing comfortable. Next up is my NWA Bushy, it too has great ergos & cuts great. My third choice is my Koster bushcrafter, a great all around blade. However, I prefer the thinner handles on the gen2 bushcrafter.

great looking knives guys...:eek:

besides the neckers and small EDC knives i carry regularly, i have a few knives that have been seeing a lot of use lately..

first is a Ray Laconico Kephart-ish knife.. this pic was taken right after i got the knife from Ray..
IMG_5275-1.jpg

second is a Mark Wohlend bushcrafter... i love this thing... it's probably one of my favorite knives..
IMG_4792.jpg

and these 2 of course... TOPS Shango and Koster W&SS necker..
IMG_6234.jpg

Of all of my blades in that size range, I like my Bravo-1 the best, by far. For some reason, it seems to outperform everything else- by far. For me, It's pretty darned near perfect. With a Bravo-1 and a good machete, I'm in pretty good shape- knife wise.

My choices are the Fallkniven F1 and H1. I bring them both when outdoors. If I use one for cutting wood I use the other for food. The WM1 comes along as well. Sometimes I use the Sissipuukko M07 as well.

Back