What kind of folder do you carry?

I think the Hinderer is more ergonomic in hand and a more robust knife overall. The CRK will be classier and will cut a little better. With Hinderers, the sky's the limit when it comes to customization, the CRKs, not so much. Hinderer has multiple grinds and steels to choose from, CRKs, not so much.

I love the classyness of CRK but the toughness of hinderer.
Really, I think I just need/am looking for something to tide me over while waiting for the FK2 to be released:D

I love the classyness of CRK but the toughness of hinderer.
Really, I think I just need/am looking for something to tide me over while waiting for the FK2 to be released:D

Then you need one of these. Just saying :p

8gIruPr.jpg

As far as folders go, I've been switching back and forth with a Koenig and a Hinderer XM-18 3.5 with the new bearing system. At work in dress I have been carrying a D Rocket Squared "Shark" knife I won not long ago from @Lee Tigner or a Benchmade proper.

man, that looks pretty amazing for $115 retail knife!

man, that looks pretty amazing for $115 retail knife!

Yes, I received mine the other day also. Pretty darn amazing, especially in that price range, with all of the features it has.
Very clean workmanship, nice even, bevels with a fine, sharp edge. Well centered blade that opens and closes smoothly.
It would be very difficult to ask for more from this knife. About the only thing I would suggest, if I were nit picking, would be to put some holes in the liners, just remove un-needed weight. Still, at 5-1/2 ounces, for this size knife, it is not heavy.

Thanks for the great photos Bob. Much appreciated. And thank you for the great design, Lorien. And thank you Boker, for bringing it to market with such quality and price. Mike

About the only thing I would suggest, if I were nit picking, would be to put some holes in the liners, just remove un-needed weight.

that was exactly what I suggested when asked!
Saw your Death Fang 3001 today, Mike- it looks fing badass

Would any of my Canadian friends care to advise the best way to source a Shiro in Canada. I’ve been researching them and am close to wanting to try one.

Thanks,
Justin

that was exactly what I suggested when asked!
Saw your Death Fang 3001 today, Mike- it looks fing badass

Ha! You just made my day, Lorien! After seeing the model 3000, I let Stuart know that if he were up for another, I’d be interested. He mentioned that he really didn’t have plans for another, but maybe he’d go for a variation. At the risk of being too much of a stalker, I said that I’d certainly be interested. We hadn’t talked since then, so if this is truly coming my way, I am very excited! Mike

Back