1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What kind of folder do you carry?

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by JustinFournier, Jan 11, 2017.

1. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Probably my Vallotton Sebenza conversion, followed closely by the new Diskin Revolution

2. gusbuster

gusbuster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Surprisingly it’s a pretty good piercer Martin. I’m really digging this SpydieChef. :thumbsup::)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Organic556, Mike157, Sergeua and 7 others like this.
  3. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Nice!

4. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Fullflat

Fullflat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Uncovsky’s use of laser to achieve his patterns, texture, and engraving really impresses me.
    02542015-7FB8-4925-A7D2-E921F4B58809.jpeg

6. fonedork

fonedork Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Just snagged this heat off the exchange

75FBE671-46E7-4D0A-B9A0-F402FD462D97.jpeg 34A8814F-C612-4260-9268-5DF866453141.jpeg

7. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    one of the best knives of all time, imo!:thumbsup::cool:

8. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Speaking of Diskins;)

9. WValtakis

May 29, 2004
  10. gusbuster

Aug 30, 2011
    I dig the old school hard chrome finish on my CQC-12 Comrade. It was designed to be like an AK-47 bayonet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

woodysone, Mike157, Fullflat and 2 others like this.
  11. WValtakis

May 29, 2004
    Speaking of Emerson, been carrying this Gentleman Jim my buddy @Quiet gave me...couldn't leave it alone though, gave it a full flat regrind and swapped the detent balls from steel to ceramic;)

[​IMG]

12. gusbuster

Aug 30, 2011
    Very nice. :thumbsup:

13. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    mine's about 4 years old and it's in my pocket almost every day. It ticks all the boxes, even if it is a little weird looking

Mike157, woodysone, fonedork and 4 others like this.
  14. WValtakis

May 29, 2004
    The very first "high end" work knife I ever bought was this Vallotton & Diskin collab...great work knife:thumbsup::D Definitely sparked my "sneaky switchblade" obsession...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Mike157, Ajack60, woodysone and 3 others like this.
  15. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    I usually carry a fixed blade but often a folder as a second blade or occasionally solo, but here's my current folder rotation. It's a bit heavier than normal so I probably need to purge a few pieces soon.

EDC folders.jpg

Mike157, Fullflat, gusbuster and 6 others like this.
  16. PharetH

PharetH Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2016
    How do you like that Pena?

17. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    Love it. Smooth with a design that is modern and classic at the same time. I've had it a while now and it locks up early with no play or lock slip. I did have the detent ball pop out early on and Enrique was great to work with getting a new one installed and had it turned back around to me in a couple of days. He said he'd never had that happen before and I believe him because it's been perfect since and I've never heard other reports of it happening.

18. WValtakis

May 29, 2004
    Alright...I think I'm done messing with it;)

[​IMG]

19. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    there's something about those fugly Carillos that's strangely appealing

Mike157, cpirtle, Fullflat and 3 others like this.
  20. 1AbominAble1

1AbominAble1

Jul 26, 2010
    CRK Large Carbon Fiber Insingo, number 100.
    I’ve generally carried CRK’s for about 15 years but this’ll be the one that I carry for a while, I really like the knife.