What kind of folder do you carry?

there's something about those fugly Carillos that's strangely appealing

Agreed. I was around when Dwaine started showing his knives on the forums and a lot of people mocked him. Little did anyone know he was on the forefront of an entire generation of overbuilt folders and his fixed blades have skyrocketed in value. I would define his folders as Simian with their off the shelf hardware but once you have one they really are well done, the clip design is simply fantastic and has no hot spots while allowing the heavy knife to stabilize in the pocket. I've carried it while at a couple of shows and let dozens of people put it in their pocket and almost universally the reply is that it does not feel like a 9 pound folder in the pocket. Shame he kind of burned his reputation the last few years and I doubt will be making more knives due to his health, but I am glad I have one.

Last edited:
Thank you. I had my right thumb bent back very far in a motorcycle accident back when I raced thus I have no physical ability to flick open a knife using my thumb. Permanent tendon and ligament damage.
That sucks. It’s cool that you raced motorcycles though but it sucks about your thumb. I don’t dislike flippers at all, they just are never my favorites. Do you like the middle finger flick? That ranks up with thumb flick for me.

That sucks. It’s cool that you raced motorcycles though but it sucks about your thumb. I don’t dislike flippers at all, they just are never my favorites. Do you like the middle finger flick? That ranks up with thumb flick for me.

I’m going to say low profile flipper tab as long as it’s functional as my favourite.

Spydie hole middle finger flip is my second favourite.

Racing and several other of my extreme sports escapades along with my time in the Middle East left me with some wear and tear on the body; but I’m very grateful as they are very minor compared to many. My teens and twenties were well lived.

Recent Blade Show acquisition:

Lij5FBZl.jpg

Well even though I almost always carry a CRK today I’m carrying the only CRKT that I own, the 25th anniversary homefront that they collaborated with lionsteel on.
This version has a frame lock with titanium handles and an M390 blade, it’s pretty sweet!

I always liked the field strip technology knives that CRKT puts out but wanted better materials in the knife so when they announced this one I couldn’t pass it up.

Mine came off center with blade play and with some lock stick
I was going to return it but instead decided to adjust the pivot about as tiny of a movement as I could and see what happened. Lucky for me it pulled the blade dead center, took out all side to side movement, and almost totally eliminated the lock stick ( which has since almost disappeared with some fondling of the knife ).

I couldn’t be happier with this knife and the novelty of being able to so easily disassemble and rebuild the knife is very cool to me.

I’m pretty sure that I’ll be keeping this one for a long time.
https://imgur.com/a/ql4hjTb

Last edited:
Back