1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

What kind of folder do you carry?

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by JustinFournier, Jan 11, 2017.

1. 1AbominAble1

1AbominAble1

Jul 26, 2010
    Today it is a Benchmade Bugout with orange G10 grips and the chromium nitride coated blade, it’s a damn fine slicer and is murder on zip ties, letters, and garden fresh tomatoes.

2. Forester_01

Forester_01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Great sharpening job! How many degrees per side?

3. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Yup...still digging it;)

Screenshot_20190812-112540_Gallery.jpg

4. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    TE-6847 reading a bit low there, Chip. May want to keep an eye on that.

5. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    They never all agree, that's why GE put in 8 of em and it takes 3 failing to trip;)

6. TRfromMT

Jan 4, 2016
    Rolls-Royce used 17 of them at the far tail end on the RB-211 (several variants). They were all dual element TCs as well, so 34 channels. We used it to detect flame out and a 100 degree spread on one of them would have been a shutdown. The main engine I worked on had DLE combustors without crossover tubes, so if one can went out it was... really bad. We could not afford a flame out on a single can or the turbine would come apart in short order.

You could also see it in the CO emissions.

7. WValtakis

May 29, 2004
    Yeah, LM6000s are actually remarkably robust engines...takes quite a bit to kill one in most instances ;)

8. TRfromMT

Jan 4, 2016
    But it is extraordinarily exciting when you do! (Ask me how I know...)

Gas turbines are really fun to be around. I miss it. Spent many years traveling the globe working on them. Good times.

9. Nathan the Machinist

Nathan the Machinist KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 13, 2007
    ^ and then regular folks, like me, say "did the lights just flicker?"

10. TRfromMT

Jan 4, 2016
    In Egypt our guys knew that's when they had to go out to the plant to restart the gen set.

Fullflat, Odog27, gusbuster and 2 others like this.
  11. Standard78

Standard78 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Cardboard monster.
    371E0D2F-D578-4E80-94F5-BA20070D689F.jpeg

12. Fullflat

Fullflat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2018
    YES! Love Maxamet in the Para3 platform. Very capable folder you’ve got there :)
    8E77AC69-7657-4444-A915-FF99F6510271.jpeg

Kal-El, Organic556, gusbuster and 2 others like this.
  13. Josh K

Josh K Pirate

Sep 29, 2008
    CRK Impinda rides with me most days.

14. betzner

betzner CenCal Coast Platinum Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Top to bottom are the Monday thru Friday carries....

004.jpg

15. Standard78

Jun 25, 2015
    A Lightweight Para3 with Maxamet is a great idea!

16. Fullflat

Fullflat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Thanks! The Maxamet is by far my fav Para3 variant, but I really liked the weight, feel, and wire clip of the LW chassis for my uses, so that one checks all my boxes :)

17. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    [​IMG]

18. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    [​IMG]

if only Nate would make me a D3V blade for it...

gusbuster, Fullflat, fonedork and 2 others like this.
  19. WValtakis

May 29, 2004
    The Rajah 1 was a beast...another one I probably should have kept:oops:

gusbuster, Fullflat and Standard78 like this.
  20. Standard78

Jun 25, 2015
    Holy crap!

gusbuster and Fullflat like this.