What kind of folder do you carry?

Something quirky...Hubertus pen blade release auto in the pocket today:)
screenshot_20191005-062843_gallery-2-jpg.1208038

SmartSelect_20190609-085117_Gallery.gif

Usually not a big fan of Stag because most modern ones I've seen don't look very well done, but that one looks vintage and well aged :)

Anyone else like Karambits? Always been a fan of the Emerson wave opening feature since I first tried one. EDC'ed a ZT with the wave feature for a bit.

Just got a Fox 599 and man, this thing deploys fast. With a normal folder with the wave, you pull back to catch the wave while drawing it, then bring the knife up. With a karambit, the forward draw deploys the blade in one smooth motion.Fox599.jpg

Anyone else like Karambits? Always been a fan of the Emerson wave opening feature since I first tried one. EDC'ed a ZT with the wave feature for a bit.

Just got a Fox 599 and man, this thing deploys fast. With a normal folder with the wave, you pull back to catch the wave while drawing it, then bring the knife up. With a karambit, the forward draw deploys the blade in one smooth motion.View attachment 1208222

I have a 599 which I like, I took the clip off and smoothed the G10 underneath to make it deploy even faster. I have the CRKT Provoke now which has taken over folding karambit duties

I have a 599 which I like, I took the clip off and smoothed the G10 underneath to make it deploy even faster. I have the CRKT Provoke now which has taken over folding karambit duties
The Provoke is an interesting design, and looks like a good option for shirt pocket carry (easy deployment), but the reviews/comments on users occasionally having issues with the screws and locking mechanism made me a little leery.

As for the 599, yeah, I'm definitely going to remove the pocket clip and sand down the G10 scale under it. Those scales are really aggressive, and I have no doubt they'll eventually shred the edges of my pockets.

Hi Folks. Since I trust the knife judgement of folks in this subforum more than others, wondering what you all think of Liong Mah Knives? I "need" a new EDC folder. I want a flipper but not spring assisted. Hard to find those. His knives get good reviews. Though not made in the US, the F&F seem to be very good. The design and ascetic is right up my ally (well everything except the anodized rivets). I really want to try a complex/ multi grind knife. The Lanny Flipper blade design makes good functional sense to me. Other complex grind executions may be functional but are also fugly (cough...benchmade vector..cough). He uses a dang nice steel for this new batch-M390. Thoughts? Experience? Thanks in advance.

Friday postapalooza.

Haven't carried the large inkosi in a bit thanks to the EDC2, but tonight it's making an appearance. Forgot how much I like how this thing fits my hand. Favorite large reeve by a long shot.

Back