What kind of hat do you guys wear ?

Love my Tilley,
dc12cab34733b56b783d13e8c2f6f7d4.jpg

H and H. It is vented. Hat shops will have this brand. I am outdoors in the sun for work and play. This design keeps my head really cool and the sun off my neck.
image_zpsxb0l5unu.jpeg

Most frequently I wear a beat up old Stetson Open Road, Stetson Straw, Filson Packer hat and various caps. Besides Stetson & Filson I really like hats from Stormy Kromer, Outdoor Research and Patagonia.

I have a few Boonie hats that I have around to keep the rain off of my glasses. A nice old camo style one for cutting the grass in the sun.

Stetson Bozeman
G2

For hiking and a yardwork, I have a Columbia hat that has a 360 degree, 4 inch or so brim. It's a light green, and has mesh where it rests on my noggin. When the mood strikes, I also have a cheapy Corona ball cap from Target that's sun faded, and has a bleach stain. Most of the time, though, I don't wear a hat.

Various ball caps, the oil soaked one when working on the truck, mostly the faded ones for everything else. Winter time I generally wear a wool toque.

I've got a few baseball caps I picked up along the bourbon trail, and a Tilley Wanderer.
I've recently become focused on Barmah hats; so I'll probably end up with one in the not too distant future.
I also think I might want a fedora

When I'm working I wear a Goorin Brothers Grenadier hat, basically a black wide brimmed fedora. Its stiff enough not to flop around, keeps the sun and rain off my head, black doesn't show dirt as bad. When I'm not at work I have either a Lucero trucker hat or a Goorin Brother Red Ricci.

Well, I shaved my head,
threw all my hats away.
I shaved my head,
threw every last hat away.
I let the sun turn my scalp red,
turn my scalp red every day!

Bucket.

Was wearing a Broner, but misplaced it, so the wife got me a replacement from another company, then I found it.

So now have choice... :thumbup:

I have a danged punkin head, so most ball caps look like yamulkes on me.

I did try a couple for the Big Ass Hat company, but didn't like leaving ears out to get burnt.

Already have A.K. issues, so avoiding skin cancer the best I can...

I've been wearing the same hat every single day since I was 12, it was my dad's old army hat from the mid 80's ( a woodland camo cold cold weather patrol cap )
But it was falling apart and it probably only had about another year or less left in it.
Luckily while browsing my local army surplus store this sunday I finally found a replacement and it was only 5$. It's not identical as the old one originally ( whatever was in there basically just rotted out ) had a semi rigid boony style bill and the new one is a hard bill but it's close enough.

It used to look like the new one on the right.
There was some sentimental attachment to the hat, but mostly it was just the perfect hat.
Baseball cap.

Now that I'm a member of the chromey homeys (bald) I have to be much more cautious since here the sunburn risk starts at dawn in the summer. So I always have at least a buff with me, and often my Tilley airflow. I have a wide-brim canvas bucket that I wear at work since its pretty bomber (MEC bucket) I think this summer (september/october) I might go for a proper felt Akubra since I feel I've been here long enough to have earned it.

Picked up one of these cheap. I was out all day yesterday fishing, 97*, UV index was 9 or 10. Wore it, a long sleeve Magellan fishing shirt, and khakis. While I looked a little goofy I was good to go. I stayed extremely comfortable all day. I think I've found a new summer hat.

741E8F84-B5D3-4766-BDE6-FAAEEC1D03B4_zpsgsdw1ban.jpg

Back