What knife DEFINES best who you are?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by 22-rimfire, May 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    Holy crap, please post a pic of that once it's finished! I think I see where it's going.

2. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    I honestly don't know.
    The knife I've carried the longest, is a Buck 110. However, usually one of the slipjoints in my pocket gets called on for 99.99998% of the knife tasks I come across.

I think the knife I use the most is a coin toss between a (large 4 inch plus closed) stockman, and a 4 blade scout/camp/"Demo" knife.
    The stockman might get the nod because I rarely use the knife blade on the scout/camp/"Demo". Then again, over the last few years, I've needed the tools on the scout/camp/"Demo" or (SAK Huntsman) more often than a knife blade.

No doubt I could "get by" just fine with only the 4 blade scout/camp/"Demo" knife on a daily basis ... but what fun would that be?

guy g and allenC like this.
  3. The Aflac Duck

The Aflac Duck Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

4. onekerf

onekerf Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2008
    I enjoy being around the water when outdoors, saltwater in particular, so I have quite a number of Spydercos from their Salt lineup. Also a couple of David Boyes for the same reason.
    Those and others aside, there is a traditional folding knife that, at times, defines how I think of myself at the period of life that I've entered and am now enjoying; the Schrade Old Timer. I don't have one at this time, but have owned several in the past. Time for a new one.

slyraven and jideta like this.
  5. CSG

CSG

Dec 15, 2007
    Now, that's some class right there...

wvriverats likes this.
  6. strategy9

strategy9 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Buck Bantam BHW...
    Big enough and still quite effective for most tasks, but not quite as tough or as durable as some others, (or as I once was),
    and while made in the USA,;
    low cost, low maintenance, and expendable...

guy g and allenC like this.
  7. The Aflac Duck

The Aflac Duck Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    I’m an acquired taste.

8. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    Probably a classic theater knife. Old and rough around the edges, but solid.

n2s

slyraven, guy g and allenC like this.
  9. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Probably my Sere 2K. I’ve carried and used lots of other knives, but I think that one will always be “Daddy’s knife” to my family, and that’s what’s important to me.

jfk1110, slyraven, guy g and 3 others like this.
  10. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp Oatmeal Pecan is better than Chocolate-chip.

Jun 30, 2016
    [​IMG]

Undoubtedly it's the Rockstead Kon ZDP for me.

It's unreasonably good looking, well polished, luxurious and outperforms all of it's contemporaries. Simply the best.

duramax, allenC, strategy9 and 2 others like this.
  11. slyraven

slyraven

Feb 19, 2019
    Id like to say Buck 112 with micarta scales and sv30 steel for a mix of classic and modern in my personality.

But its probably more like a 5 dollar schrade cause im a total poser

allenC and T.L.E. Sharp like this.
  12. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I think the Churchill.
    [​IMG]

13. Old Biker

Old Biker

Sep 25, 2016
    From the time I graduated high school in 1975, til now. If a friend asked do you have your knife on you? A buck 110 is the knife they probably expected I would produce.

O.B.

slyraven, onekerf and allenC like this.
  14. vjb.knife

vjb.knife Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2002
    Nice Knife I have one of them as well; not my choice for this topic but it is a supreme piece.

[​IMG]

Since I am a Professional Diver I would choose one that I use when underwater, but I use quite a few different knives for that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jfk1110, duramax, onekerf and 3 others like this.
  15. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Leatherman multitool. Reliable if not particularly the best tool set for the job. Most likely thought of as a bit bulky and not the most useful to have around until things go sideways and creative problem solving is the name of the game.

16. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    :eek: Sort of always prepared... but for what I don't know ! o_O

[​IMG]

slyraven and Mr.Wizard like this.
  17. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    This is a tough call as well, but for now I’d say it’s the Recon 1. I do not know if I am absolutely worthy of the description, but I aspire to be tough, practical, and discreet. The Recon 1 has proven all of that and more on several occasions.

I don’t shrink away from hard work but I also try to welcome teamwork despite my nature and my struggle to do everything by myself. A folder is not a complete toolset by itself; it needs the help of the multitool, the camp knife, the chopper, and the other friends he finds along the way. The folder holds its own in the pocket or in the hand, but it also rejoices the company of others for with them, so much more can be achieved. The story of one knife makes a fine tale, but the shared history of a knife set is etched in the hearts of the user and his fortunate descendants.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Smiling

Smiling

Nov 21, 2019
    I don't think that any knife can accuratley describe who I am, and I don't think that eveb I myself can accuratley descibe myself... but I'll just mention the knife my family associates with me the most.

That would be Recon Tanto, I used it at construction site, I often use it at home, I carry it to forrest, my family often sees me sharpening it, and whenever they tell me to bring my knife I know which knife they got on their mind.

And I personally really like that knife, it was inexpensive and I bought it back then when I had zero knowledge about knives or steels, I actually bought it mostly because woman working there reccomended it and also said it's her favourite. I had no idea about anything, I liked how it looked, it felt good in my hand so I just bought it. It's also the oldest knife I own.

Now my aunt even wants to make me a new sheath for it since I currently don't have any, there's longer story behind it tho.

Few people in my family are hunters, and some are pig breeders, they have knives too, and my knife stands out among theirs because they mainly have either clip or drop points. Also to mention - I have no idea what brand are their knives, but I know that one of my uncles bought his knife from some guy who was making them locally in place where he used to live before war.

19. GIRLYmann

GIRLYmann

Nov 7, 2005
    "what knife defines best who you are?"
    these days a v42 - old and rarely seen...
    [​IMG]

slyraven, G. Scott H., 954Ink and 3 others like this.
  20. comis

comis Gold Member Gold Member

May 17, 2013
    It probably is one of my SAKs, or a SAK mod by me--

[​IMG]

slyraven, Kaizen1 and DangerZone98 like this.