What knife DEFINES best who you are?

What knife DEFINES best who you are?

Hard to say - maybe that one :
SDOO6on.jpg

No knife defines who I am
Who I am is what designed this knife
C2D521E2-39BC-47C6-A4D4-252F4D4A01FC.jpeg
10 of the finest souls to grace this forum got together to create this and gift it to me.
No other knife of mine embodies who I am and and how “the 10” perceive me :)
Many thanks to the gentlemen an lady who made it possible. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
No knife defines who I am
Who I am is designed this knife. <pic snip>
10 of the finest souls to grace this forum got together to create this and gift it to me.
No other knife of mine embodies who I am and and how “the 10” perceive me :)
Many thanks to the gentlemen an lady who made it possible. :thumbsup:
I think that's the whole idea. My thought was that family know I like knives and if I died, what knife would they choose to place in my casket or with my ashes? It would be their perception of me. But I also have my own perception of myself. A Kephart may in fact better relate to how I perceive myself versus the SAK I mentioned in my initial post. But Kephart style knives are a fairly new thing for me and subject to change where as the SAK Tinker is a baseline carry standard.

I love traditional knives, especially jack knives (two blade) of all sizes. And they relate to my historical use very well.

A Sebenza. Meticulous and finished. Specialized and focused (single blade). Well dressed and appropriate, but a worker at the end of the day. Like a construction worker in a well tailored Italian suit, form as equally important as function.

LDK8hBCh.jpg

I carry and use my knives.
The one I carry the most is my small inkosi.
I didn’t like this knife when I got it but it has grown on me so much that if I have to keep only one knife, it will be this one.
So I think that o feel like a connection with this blade.
It is simple, discret and efficient.
In some ways I think there are values that I like for myself: to keep things simple, to be humble and to overcome difficulties.

I would have to be an Alox SA. Reliable, not too fancy but uncomplicated, tough, but kind of hard headed. The awl, not used often but kind of pointless, much like my opinions!!! :p The blade, good steel but somewhat soft, like my middle. :D
Overall, good to have around in a tough situation.

Last edited:
Back