What knife have you owned the longest?

My Black Hawk hunting knife, German made. I've had for this for 53 years, been in the family longer.

Probably my oldest knife I own is my old stainless Dive knife purchased somewhere between 1983 and 1986, I'd have to go out to the garage and look at the make, then a SAK Huntsman purchased about 1987 or 88 and then a Buck 112 Ranger about 90ish. I've had some others in between that time frame I'm sure they have gotten away from me but these three I still own.....

My Wenger SAK is my oldest knife. It's a big one with a lot of stuff but must be discontinued. Too large to EDC but convenient to have in my desk drawer. :thumbup:

DSCF1789.jpg

I bought this new in '77 , still got it , its seen hitch hiking around Australia , shared a lot of good times and bad . skinned more critters than I can count , carved hundreds of little marker stakes that I leave when I camp somewhere .
Its still the touch stone for how I judge a knife .. if the blade holds an edge as well , sharpens as easy as this $5 knife , then its good in my opinion .

I've had this M8A1 bayonet since 1977. I had one like it prior to that but it was stolen and my brother gave me his.
There's a Boker Fitz neck knife sitting on the strop just for scale.

M8A1.jpg

Of the knives that I still have I've had my Spyderco Native II C42 SS for 13 years now. Made in Seki City, Japan with Stainless Steel handles and AUS-10 blade steel.

75db20db-b4d6-4246-83a5-086648e28764_zpsa130aeff.jpg

I've had these two knives from when I was about 16 years old. That would make them about 50 years old. The fixed blade sits in a drawer for old times sake but the little Schrade Walden stockman has been put in my pocket daily for those 50 years. Still use it to open letters, packages and cut string. :)

DSCN8199.jpg

I've got an Eastwing hatchet that I've had since I was 10, but the knives I've kept the longest is a few Case Trappers I bought when in High School in the late 70's.

I've been using my Case 365 fixed blade continuously since 1973, hunting and in the kitchen. There is an R scratched into the back of the sheath and I used to notch the edge of the sheath for each deer I killed.

I have a Victorinox Rambler that I've carried for about 11 years - one of my first eBay TSA confiscation purchases - which has been sharpened so often the blade's beginning to look like a needle. Before I discovered the Rambler (with a BOTTLE OPENER) I carried the same Classic for almost as long.

The knife I've owned the longest is the second knife I ever owned. It's an Imperial Camp King with the same blades as the first knife I ever owned, my Cub Scout knife. Don't know what happened to that one...

I've had these two knives from when I was about 16 years old. That would make them about 50 years old. The fixed blade sits in a drawer for old times sake but the little Schrade Walden stockman has been put in my pocket daily for those 50 years. Still use it to open letters, packages and cut string. :)

DSCN8199.jpg

Only 47 years
I got my 5" Stag handled Richards Sheffield sheath knife when I got my Knife and Axe badge in Boy Scouts

43 years
My Swiss Army knife and a couple of Sheffield carbon kitchen knives
Still in use

In 1980-81, I traded for a U.S. Schrade LB7 lockback, almost identical to this one:

It was my first good hard-use knife, and I carried it on my belt or in my back pocket for several years.

Later in 1985, I traded that old LB7 to a friend in my high school English class for a Case #6265SAB two-blade Hunter. It was an "XX" era knife, and the blades were pretty worn down when I got it. In 2005 I sent it back to Case to be re-bladed. For less than $25., my old Case was given another lifetime of use.

~Chris

I have owned my Microtech LCC D/A for 11 years. I got it when I was 17.

I had a crappy Schrade CH7 for around 17 years, but I broke it... :mad:

The first knife that I bought for myself as a teenager (rather than gifts of SAK as a kid) was a Buck 102 (4" blade) which I got in 1975 from a sports store in downtown Erie, PA and had it until my car was stolen in 1993. So, I owned it for a good 18 years! My Buck 102 seemed to be more substantial and heavier back then compared to the the one I bought a few years ago. Could that be true? Perhaps they hollowed out the handle and/or less expensive materials or just perception...

I have a Case Stockman I bought in 1975 in a hardware store. One scale broke and I sent it to Case for repair, so scales are not identical but it still looks good. It is retired cause I carry a bigger blade now.

I have a Schrade-Walden 225n that I used when I was in the Navy. It's at least 30 years old. The handle is 5.25, the blades are 4.0 and 3.75.

I must have used the bolsters to hit/pound on things, they have lots of marks on them. The small blade has been sharpened so much it's only only 3/4 of it's orginal

height.

I've had the same Parker 4" butterfly knife for 25 years. I got it when I was 13. It's all stainless, has curved handles, and has an eagle on the blade holding a banner in its beak that says "gypsy". It's in my nightstand.

I have a scar on my middle finger that I got the day I bought it, too.

image_zps3af07f38.jpg

Bought this in 1992 in Jackson MS. My wife carried it for 10 years or so and then gave it back.

I've had this M8A1 bayonet since 1977. I had one like it prior to that but it was stolen and my brother gave me his.
There's a Boker Fitz neck knife sitting on the strop just for scale.

M8A1.jpg

Interesting, I had a few of those. A few decades ago I started with bayonets. I still to this day have a Swedish stainless bayonet with black bakelite ? grips from back then. I also have my old Rucksack SAK which may have simmilar age, or close to it.

Back