What knife have you owned the longest?

The one I've had the longest is a Case fixed blade skinner that my dad sent me for Christmas from Viet Nam in 1965. For some reason I never used the knife and it still looks like it just came out of the box. He sent my little brother an identical knife and I think it lasted all of a week before he broke it in half throwing it... Kids :rolleyes:

Something my Nanny gave me probably 20 years ago. It's a doubled edged dagger, looks like the sort that would be sold as a boot knife. Nanny didn't recall where she got it, but had been using it as a letter opener. She had no sheath for it, there are no stampings on the blade of any sort(so mystery steel+no origin country makes me think cheap China/Pakistan knife), the handle(black polymer of some sort) features a raised skull and crossed daggers logo with the words "Bad Company" and "1987". It had an upturned crossguard and a sorta mushroom shaped pommel with a lanyard hole. I don't have exact measurements, but I'd guess probably a 4 inch blade, 9 inch overall, give or take. I would post a pic if I had one, but I do not.

My Microtech Mini SOCOM. Picked it up way back on the forum and just have never let go of it.

Still sees pocket time on occasion.

My first knife was an old timer my grandfather gave me 23 years ago when I was five and is still in my pocket everyday

Hmmm, I bought a black united cutlery fixed blade tanto at the mall about 15 years ago. All I knew was it looked cool. It was one of those nights where me and my buddies were sitting around trying to think of what to do... "let's go buy knives!"

Finally snapped a couple shots of the late '70s Westerns and early '80's Buck from Post#27:

After sitting in the sheath for about 10 years the western FB had a really nice, even, dark patina. Like and idiot I tried to bring back the factory shine. When I failed I dunked it in pickle juice for a bit. It's just not the same.

My Victorinox Tinker, Had it for 16 Years. It was my first knife, I bought it at EMS when I was 15.
I still carry it as a backup occaisionally, though my Delica 4, or my 556 Mini Griptilian are with me everyday.

A Buck 110, Purchased I believe purchased in 1979 when I was in 7th grade.
Still have it!:thumbup:

Finally snapped a couple shots of the late '70s Westerns and early '80's Buck from Post#27:

After sitting in the sheath for about 10 years the western FB had a really nice, even, dark patina. Like and idiot I tried to bring back the factory shine. When I failed I dunked it in pickle juice for a bit. It's just not the same.

The Western folder at the bottom of the pic, was that a Coleman/Western? I had one just like it, had to sell it for bills awoke back, it was a tough little knife, sorry I got rid of it.

Some great pics folks, thanks and keep 'em coming.

Gerber A400. Given to me by my dad brand new in 1984. Not my pic but that's what it looks like. Pretty amazing knife.

Gerber LST (with micarta scales) purchased in 1981 - bumped out of my pocket by a Spyderco 'Economy' in 1985, which was bumped by a Spyderco Endura in 1990, after I broke the 'clip' off, it was replaced by a Spyderco Goddard in 1991, and in 1997 to present I have carried a Spyderco Military... my current millie has ridden with me for the last 12 years... and no signs of being retired anytime soon... (probably be buried with it) - I still have these except for the economy... which I gave away...

Back