What knife sees the most use ?

I placed an order with Daniel for one of those last month. can't wait to get it.

CRKT Laredo is my go to beater; I haven't had the heart to touch my high end knives; amazing knife on wood; tested by bluntruth on the tube.

DSCN0667.jpg

DSCN0666.jpg

I use my Winkler Belt knife a lot when out in the field. Dressing rabbits and quail when at my family ranch. And when in an urban setting, I have cut open more than a few bricks of contraband.
The more I use it, the better it looks.

not too often I see a handcuff key in a survival kit

For myself tho
In town my fixed blade rides between my car seat and console , the folder does all the urban work , in the bush tho when we are camping , seems the majority of stuff is done by the bigger blade from poles for the tarp shelter , feather sticks , even a fair part of food prep . I kinda just go to the big blade ...
DSCF1752.jpg

Last edited:
For casual fishing/hunting/backpacking trips I simply use a SAK Recruit for the tiny cutting jobs that crop up.

If I bring an axe, then it's always a Gransfors Bruks SFA.

For myself tho
In town my fixed blade rides between my car seat and console , the folder does all the urban work , in the bush tho when we are camping , seems the majority of stuff is done by the bigger blade from poles for the tarp shelter , feather sticks , even a fair part of food prep . I kinda just go to the big blade ...
DSCF1752.jpg

Love that big blade you've got there.
Scott

Lately my Becker Magnum Camp because it's also a super star in the home kitchen.
IMG_3578.jpg

IMG_3761.jpg

Took my BK2 camping this weekend...... but as usual found me going for my BK11...... right size for most chores.... but it does feel good knowing the big boy is on my hip.... just in case

The bark river Canadian special is my do-all knife.

The fallkniven f1 and izula ii are probably close behind.

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that I really don't have a favourite, or a single knife that gets the most use. My shrivelled acorn of a heart was all aflutter for the Becker BK-2, which I still like, prior to that was the Brute. Then it was the ESEE 4, which I like a lot. Then recently the ESEE 6. Today some Moras came in and the Mora flame is currently burning bright. To be honest, I have no idea which knife I like or use the most. I did grab a Shrade Sharp finger and Mora Companion to try out today. Use often makes it readily apparent for me. I am waiting for an orange slabbed Izula 2 with great anticipation.

Last edited:
who makes that big blade? that is freaking awesome

For myself tho
DSCF1752.jpg

Back