1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What knives do you actually use day to day?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by 22-rimfire, Jun 29, 2018.

1. flnder

flnder

Nov 30, 2003
    It's upside down so we can read the signature,very thoughtful of you

Heartland_edc likes this.
  2. marsturm

marsturm Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2008
    The clip point blade on my Leatherman Wave is used the most. Probably because its in an open pouch on my belt.

3. JPD1998

JPD1998 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2004
    marjaq3.jpg This one has been used every day for about the last 10 years.
    It's an ebony handled Opinel type knife made by Marjaq. It's on my desk at work.

Pilsner and Johnny_NoNo_57 like this.
  4. apxpred

apxpred

Feb 12, 2017
    BRKT EDC in M4

5. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Case amber bone SS trapper and Case amber bone SS medium stockman. But enjoy carrying other knives from time to time.

6. ShannonSteelLabs

ShannonSteelLabs KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 9, 2015
    Spyderco para3 in cruwear.
    Chuck Richard's knives counselor 2.0 (CPM 3V. G10/TI)

Previous to those I Carried a gavko/FFKW mako collab. V1. As far as I know it was the first one. But either way, I carried the shit out of it.

7. WHT

WHT Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2016
    I have quite a few folders, but I have pretty well settled on a CR Inkosi and a Case medium stockman as my daily users. For a while I was carrying a SAK on my keychain but discovered that I rarely used it so it is now back in the drawer.

Prester John likes this.
  8. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Winkler Field Knife

[​IMG]

Prester John likes this.
  9. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    My most used here lately (for the last few years) is a yeller handled Case large Sodbuster. It's always in my right front pocket and I find myself reaching for it more than anything else. I lost track of it for a while after my ol lady used it to carve pumpkins for Halloween (and didn't clean it off!) but it's back in my pocket with a nicely darker patina.

Before that, it was an Al Mar Sere 2K for about 18 years. Yes, 18 years. It has all the scars and a pronounced recurve to the blade from sharpening to prove it.

Before that, my main knife was an Ontario SP1. It got used for everything by my whole family. I told the guy at my local knife shop I needed a knife that would do everything and not cost me a lot, and it's what he recommended. It's done everything that was asked of it and much more. It's been sharpened down to a different profile as well.

Thread is worthless without pics, so here's the sodbuster:

[​IMG]

Here's the Sere 2K:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the Ontario:

[​IMG]

ROCK6, Getting older, Aias and 3 others like this.
  10. Harayasu

Harayasu

Jun 18, 2009
    I always carry some kind of SAK in my pocket, mostly a Victorinox Pioneer. The blade on that knife is used most.

11. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Good choices. I tried a SAK Classic on the old key chain, but it just occupied space without use.... changed to the Leatherman Ps4 Squirt and one of those has been on my key chain since. It gets used, but not to cut things except in an emergency (as is when I forget any knives) and need something to cut with.

12. utah_fish

utah_fish Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This is my garage knife that I use for all the cutting I do in my garage/shop and is the knife I use the most (by far!) Had it for 4 years and it has always done the job, never failed and continues to please.

Mora Companion in stainless

upload_2018-8-11_9-25-54.png

Steve1950 likes this.
  13. ironclad816

ironclad816

Sep 17, 2016
    Izula2 always my go to on duty with a slipjoint in my pocket as well. When off duty it's the slipjoint alone. Right now the slipjoint is the viper knives Dan, giving the Benchmade proper a break.

14. TALON52

TALON52 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2016
    ZT 0562CF

[​IMG]

Steve1950 likes this.