What knives do you actually use day to day?

My good ol' DLC Manix 2. At the office, out on the road, or even working around my house. Its always in my pocket, despite having many other options. The blade shape and ergos are unbelievably friendly in any situation. I refer to him simply as "my buddy".

P.S. - I have no idea why this pic is upside down. Whatevs.

35c33ep.jpg
It's upside down so we can read the signature,very thoughtful of you

The clip point blade on my Leatherman Wave is used the most. Probably because its in an open pouch on my belt.

Case amber bone SS trapper and Case amber bone SS medium stockman. But enjoy carrying other knives from time to time.

Spyderco para3 in cruwear.
Chuck Richard's knives counselor 2.0 (CPM 3V. G10/TI)

Previous to those I Carried a gavko/FFKW mako collab. V1. As far as I know it was the first one. But either way, I carried the shit out of it.

I have quite a few folders, but I have pretty well settled on a CR Inkosi and a Case medium stockman as my daily users. For a while I was carrying a SAK on my keychain but discovered that I rarely used it so it is now back in the drawer.

My most used here lately (for the last few years) is a yeller handled Case large Sodbuster. It's always in my right front pocket and I find myself reaching for it more than anything else. I lost track of it for a while after my ol lady used it to carve pumpkins for Halloween (and didn't clean it off!) but it's back in my pocket with a nicely darker patina.

Before that, it was an Al Mar Sere 2K for about 18 years. Yes, 18 years. It has all the scars and a pronounced recurve to the blade from sharpening to prove it.

Before that, my main knife was an Ontario SP1. It got used for everything by my whole family. I told the guy at my local knife shop I needed a knife that would do everything and not cost me a lot, and it's what he recommended. It's done everything that was asked of it and much more. It's been sharpened down to a different profile as well.

Thread is worthless without pics, so here's the sodbuster:

image.jpg

Here's the Sere 2K:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here's the Ontario:

image.jpg

I always carry some kind of SAK in my pocket, mostly a Victorinox Pioneer. The blade on that knife is used most.

I have quite a few folders, but I have pretty well settled on a CR Inkosi and a Case medium stockman as my daily users. For a while I was carrying a SAK on my keychain but discovered that I rarely used it so it is now back in the drawer.
Good choices. I tried a SAK Classic on the old key chain, but it just occupied space without use.... changed to the Leatherman Ps4 Squirt and one of those has been on my key chain since. It gets used, but not to cut things except in an emergency (as is when I forget any knives) and need something to cut with.

This is my garage knife that I use for all the cutting I do in my garage/shop and is the knife I use the most (by far!) Had it for 4 years and it has always done the job, never failed and continues to please.

Mora Companion in stainless

upload_2018-8-11_9-25-54.png

Izula2 always my go to on duty with a slipjoint in my pocket as well. When off duty it's the slipjoint alone. Right now the slipjoint is the viper knives Dan, giving the Benchmade proper a break.

As a university student, I couldn’t exactly walk around with a Carothers or a Busse lol. Before the lockdown, my carry was usually the ESEE Izula, the Spyderco Para 3, or the Cold Steel Code 4. Couldn’t carry anything too large or threatening. Backup is a Leatherman Micra which is now missing somewhere in the house.

While I've carried a decent folding pocket knife for 40+ years, the knives that have seen the most use have been the little SAKs I've carried even longer. Sometime in the early 70's I was introduced to the Classic which I carried until just a few years ago when I learned about the 74mm Ambassador which I carried until just a week or so ago when I learned about the Executive from this place. During those same years, I carried a Folding Hunter when I was in LE and afterwards, transitioned to a Buck 501 for 30+ years. After I learned about Benchmade and their one-handed opening knives, I moved to the Mini-Grip and then, recently, the Bugout or the Mini-Presidio. 99% of the time over all these years, it's been the SAK in my left front pocket. Turns out, I don't need blades as much as toothpicks, tweezers, and a nail file. When I open my mail or a box, it's usually with the SAK blade. I just can't go without a larger folder even though it's almost never needed or used. (One reason I won't buy expensive knives like CRKs).

BenchMade Bugout has become almost my exclusive EDC ever since I bought it. About the only time I don't carry it is when I get dressed up and then I grab one of my "gentleman's knives" depending on the mood. Only objection I have to the Bugout is that it is a touch bigger than I like. Might have to get a Bugout mini and see if that is the perfect fit.

Back