1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

What knives do you actually use day to day?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by 22-rimfire, Jun 29, 2018.

1. vox801

vox801

Jun 11, 2017
    Usually a Zieba Bold.

2. 19-3ben

19-3ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Truthfully, my trust Vic Pioneer gets more pocket time than probably any other knife combined. I am almost never without it.
    On the weekends, I belt carry an ESEE Izula 2 pretty frequently as well.

3. CascadianAaron

CascadianAaron

Mar 6, 2016
    For about 1.5 years now, the knife I carry probably 80% of the time is a Kershaw Blur with a deep carry pocket clip. Nothing fancy, but I like that it is US made (and even more importantly Oregon made). The handle fits my hand like it was custom made for it. The 14c28n blade is perfectly suitable for my EDC use as I don't cut cardboard all day, and it's quite easy to touch up. Mostly used to cut food at lunch, whittle sticks while camping, cut open packages, etc.
    [​IMG]

MolokaiRider and Getting older like this.
  4. Dialsharp

Dialsharp

Aug 8, 2018
    I almost always have a Kershaw 1620 in the coin pocket of my jeans. Next would be a carbon steel Schrade Old Timeron my hip.

5. omaha-beenglockin

omaha-beenglockin

Oct 22, 2005
    Lately---a mix of a 908 Stryker---a 520 Presidio---a HK Axis lock 14517? and a PM2

A Leatherman Micra and Squirt are always on my oversized key ring.

6. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    the blur in 14c28n is quite a great value, but I would absolutely have to remove the unfortunate (racing?/zebra?/tribal?) paint job... I could maybe see the point if it was just high carbon steel, but this stuff is one of the most resistant steels out there

7. mushka

mushka

Jun 27, 2018
    My edc is a SAK centurian. I don't ever change it for something else. Today I had to cut up a large hot water tank box with it, and a couple other smaller boxes. It did a creditable job. Seems I have to cut or trim something nearly every day with it. Been carrying it around for years.

8. CascadianAaron

CascadianAaron

Mar 6, 2016
    To each their own, you can buy a Blur with a stonewashed blade if that is your thing

9. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    yes agreed, no insult intended, I'm just still sore that when knifecenter had the blurs on sale, it was just those multi-stripe painted ones and I didn't want to do all the work to remove it

10. Basp2005

Basp2005

Dec 6, 2015
    [​IMG]

11. Iblametheparents

Iblametheparents

Mar 13, 2015
    A crystal white SAK huntsman or a San Ren My version of the Boker tech tool.

They get used daily.

They are legal to carry everywhere in the UK as 3 inch bladed slip-joints and the corkscrew means I can carry the spectacles screwdriver on either knife (I swap it back and forth)

Also various kitchen knives from stainless to carbon steel in various sizes and a Spyderco Resilience which gets used virtually every day for kitchen work.

This is a horrible thread. It's made me realise quite how many knives I have and how weak I am blowing money on things I don't need or use.

Bought a Spydie Military a fortnight ago.

12. mfunnell

mfunnell Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2016
    There's nothing wrong with that! I have lots of knives, and I'd have said "so what, I use them all"...
    ...which is what I was thinking until I read this, thinking "well, he does that, but I don't". Except I realised I just have.(!!) In the last month I've bought four (count 'em: 4! [*]) knives I essentially have no real-world use for. Each of which is more expensive than any knife I've ever bought previously. And, believe me, I've spent decent money on kitchen knives - but always carefully selected, and never bought unless they were on special.

But now, if dragged before the beak, I'd have to plead guilty, your worship, to blowing money on knives I don't need and probably won't use (much). Each bought "to find out what they're like" (short answer: very nice) and because I just liked the look and the idea of them. With no real belief I'd get any practical use from them that I don't already have - and more - from knives I already own and which are provably better suited to the tasks I need knives for (except, maybe, for one).

Do you think I could get away by pleading "mental disease or defect"? 'cause that's all I have left...

No. Thought not. [Sure: the disease or defect is there. The getting away part likely doesn't work, though. At least not with any magistrate I've ever met.]

...Mike

[*] Blurple Para 2 in S110V; American Lawman in CTS-XHP; Large Summit Lake in S30V and SRK in VG-10 San Mai

Iblametheparents likes this.
  13. needler420

needler420 Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 29, 2011
    knifeless atm. Had to liquidate the collection. Trying to flip remaining safe queens to user EDC.

14. Iblametheparents

Iblametheparents

Mar 13, 2015
    Same. Fortnight before I bought the Military, I contacted Fred Perrin via Facebook and bought one of his Corsica douks douks.

I love it. I made excuses. It's a slip joint. It's slightly, marginally ok to carry in the UK. (Bullsh#t. The blades too long) An ethnographic style of knife I don't already own. It's interesting (it is.)
    It wasn't expensive.........

But still didn't need it.

I just wanted it, my precioussssssssss!

The Millie was excused as...
    Always wanted one.
    Cheapest I had seen it in recent years, presumably because of the changes we Brits are assuming are coming in on locking knives.
    It's incredibly cool looking and sexy as hell. Honestly. Wet panties at 50 metres.

Hi. I'm Matt. I'm an addict.

mfunnell likes this.
  15. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    nothing wrong with a high quality tool inventory, even if it won't see a lot of hard use. It a hobby for now,... addiction stages happen when you start to drop 1k pounds/euro's on a rockford or shiro =D

16. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    My current go to knives. Love em both for different reasons, and decided there is just no point in owning a crazy expensive knife if I'm not going to put some miles on them...

20180809_050920~01~01.jpg

17. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I find it interesting how many routinely carry Sebenza folders as they are a fairly expensive knife.

18. mushka

mushka

Jun 27, 2018
    I wonder if there's a 12 step program for knifeaholics? I'm getting to where it's needed, out of control about some things here.

19. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2017
    There is problem is all the steps are just enabling the addiction

20. Yonose

Yonose

Jul 10, 2017

Which Military?