1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What knives do you actually use day to day?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by 22-rimfire, Jun 29, 2018.

1. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    My most used knife is a 4 blade scout knife or SAK Huntsman. :)
    The used blade most is the awl, to remove all the (expletive, expletive, expletive, expletive ... ) sandburrs from my trike and garden/nursery cart trailer tires. :(
    (On average, around 20 sandburrs a day. I don't even want to think how many there'd be if I left the pavement.)

2. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    This summer I have used my new Salt 2 PE a lot. It has been clipped to my shorts while swimming in the fjords and I love that it is stain proof. The perfect summer season EDC.

The plain edge has held up great cutting hard woods and pushing the limits of sensible use for a folder. No complaints, H1 is a great steel! :cool::thumbsup:

3. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    That paintjob was probably exactly why they were trying to clear them out with sale prices.

dirc likes this.
  4. Minnesota Man

Minnesota Man Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2014
    My retail job has a strict no knife policy. So I carry a Cold Steel mini tuff lite and a LM Squirt Ps4. I carry them because they're small and I can be sneaky using them.

If I'm working my other jobs it's often a Mora companion or Cold Steel Canadian belt knife. Paired up with a LM Rebar.

Just out and about I almost always carry a Recon1. If I'm feeling like carrying a fixed it's usually a CS mini Pendleton Hunter. The 35$ version and my Rebar.
    Call me a fanboy if you want but I love Cold Steel and Leatherman.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  5. Iblametheparents

Iblametheparents

Mar 13, 2015
    Dlc coated blade, black G10, black clip, steel pivot and screws.

Hot sex!

6. Yonose

Yonose

Jul 10, 2017
    I don’t want to sound like an enabler but the carbon fiber/titanium with s90v steel is one sick blade, and being an LE won’t be around forever!

7. Mrgauth

Mrgauth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2016
    About a dozen knives here and I use them all rotating a couple of times a day based on mood. None are budget and none are perfect. I have no clue how you guys carry a knife and not scratch em. Hell, if I carry a knife for five minutes I will typically scuff it somehow. Just prone that way. I got two in the mail this week and they were scuffed up within 10 minutes of opening. Reason isis I fIddle with em too much and that leads to oops’es.

At any rate, lately I have been digging the Koenig Arius, the Spyderco Slysz Bowie, the Reate Hills, and my new CKF Morris 5.

8. jceckrosh

jceckrosh KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 2016
    Emerson Roadhouse, CQC-7, A100, and Gentleman Jim all in regular rotation.

9. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    I'd say out of my collection I mostly carry:
    - Reate Valhalla
    - Spyderco Military S110V
    - Spyderco Shaman
    - ZT 0909
    - ZT 0393

My biggest gripe is the clip position of the Millie, otherwise it's one of the most practical for my application.

10. George Magnum

George Magnum Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Me, I carry a large 111mm SAK similar to the Tinker (Adventurer model). This cuts most things daily. I also normally carry a Steel Will Mini Cutjack in M390 that I love clipped to my back pocket. Just added a Case Peanut to my watch pocket and we'll see how that goes. What about

I love my spyderco tenacious. Perfect weight and size!

11. harronek

harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    Great thread , Great question :thumbsup:

Buuttttttt.........
    I must admit I had a laugh when I went back and re-read the question in your initial post , then proceeded to scroll through the pictures posted only to find a handful of knives that show any signs of ever being carried .:)
    Have all of those knives pictured " Honestly " been carried and used extensively ( 90% ) of daily tasks , over a long period of time ?

Ken

12. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    Depends on the use I suppose. I live in a city, work in an office and (currently) commute by car. My LM is the only one which gets particularly dirty and even then, it's usually bike grease, taking apart computer innards doesn't make that much mess. My keychain SAK is full of pocket lint, gets used a whole lot, but it's not dirty stuff. I use my EDC folder for food so I keep it very clean. I'd also assume that a bunch of pics are of knives just after cleaning (who wants to show off with a dirty knife?) and/or when new. My EDC knife blade certainly doesn't look anywhere as new and shiny as the picture I posted of it when newish. Certainly not since I tried thinning down the blade by hand and scratched the heck out of it. :D

harronek likes this.
  13. Ron Wang

Ron Wang

Aug 10, 2018
    Large Sebenza PJ all the way.

Forester_01 likes this.
  14. harronek

harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    " Touché " my friend :thumbsup:

Ken

Pomsbz likes this.
  15. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    I'd love to see some pics of your sheaths after being fully worn in Ken! Only ever had the opportunity of coveting my neighbours leather skills by looking at your new stuff. :)

16. jasonp

jasonp

Oct 7, 2002
    I own MANY knives and have about four that get rotated into EDC off duty carry. On duty I carry two every day, a spyderhawk which is there for emergencies and a spyderco dragonfly that gets used more than any knife I own. It's clipped into my shirt pocket at work and often removed at home for chores around the house.

17. Getting older

Getting older

Jan 3, 2016
    Alox electrician Buck 303 modded,flat grind ,and latlEly my mini grip,actually shaved,trimmed a few hairs this morning with it

18. Todd21969

Todd21969

Apr 23, 2013
    I am a Spyderco Military fanboy.

I own ,like, carry, and even use other knives but very rarely leave the house without also carrying a Military. Even had one tucked IWB when I got married.

The one on the left for 3 years. The one on the right for the past 8 months.

[​IMG]

Grateful and Yonose like this.
  19. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    That looks like one of my posts? I guess the quote function didn't work for ya. ;)

As far as the use or pictured knives not being scuffed up (etc).... I carry other knives, but I find myself reaching for my SAK the most often. Some stay pretty new looking depending on materials. Plus, I tend to take pictures of knives that look new....

20. Iblametheparents

Iblametheparents

Mar 13, 2015
    Stop it! Stop it! I can't hear you la la la la la.

Yonose likes this.