What knives do you actually use day to day?

My most used knife is a 4 blade scout knife or SAK Huntsman. :)
The used blade most is the awl, to remove all the (expletive, expletive, expletive, expletive ... ) sandburrs from my trike and garden/nursery cart trailer tires. :(
(On average, around 20 sandburrs a day. I don't even want to think how many there'd be if I left the pavement.)

This summer I have used my new Salt 2 PE a lot. It has been clipped to my shorts while swimming in the fjords and I love that it is stain proof. The perfect summer season EDC.

The plain edge has held up great cutting hard woods and pushing the limits of sensible use for a folder. No complaints, H1 is a great steel! :cool::thumbsup:

yes agreed, no insult intended, I'm just still sore that when knifecenter had the blurs on sale, it was just those multi-stripe painted ones and I didn't want to do all the work to remove it

That paintjob was probably exactly why they were trying to clear them out with sale prices.

My retail job has a strict no knife policy. So I carry a Cold Steel mini tuff lite and a LM Squirt Ps4. I carry them because they're small and I can be sneaky using them.

If I'm working my other jobs it's often a Mora companion or Cold Steel Canadian belt knife. Paired up with a LM Rebar.

Just out and about I almost always carry a Recon1. If I'm feeling like carrying a fixed it's usually a CS mini Pendleton Hunter. The 35$ version and my Rebar.
Call me a fanboy if you want but I love Cold Steel and Leatherman.

Last edited:
About a dozen knives here and I use them all rotating a couple of times a day based on mood. None are budget and none are perfect. I have no clue how you guys carry a knife and not scratch em. Hell, if I carry a knife for five minutes I will typically scuff it somehow. Just prone that way. I got two in the mail this week and they were scuffed up within 10 minutes of opening. Reason isis I fIddle with em too much and that leads to oops’es.

At any rate, lately I have been digging the Koenig Arius, the Spyderco Slysz Bowie, the Reate Hills, and my new CKF Morris 5.

I'd say out of my collection I mostly carry:
- Reate Valhalla
- Spyderco Military S110V
- Spyderco Shaman
- ZT 0909
- ZT 0393

My biggest gripe is the clip position of the Millie, otherwise it's one of the most practical for my application.

Me, I carry a large 111mm SAK similar to the Tinker (Adventurer model). This cuts most things daily. I also normally carry a Steel Will Mini Cutjack in M390 that I love clipped to my back pocket. Just added a Case Peanut to my watch pocket and we'll see how that goes. What about

I love my spyderco tenacious. Perfect weight and size!

So, what knives do you honestly use for 90% of your day to day non-kitchen cutting?
Great thread , Great question :thumbsup:

Buuttttttt.........
I must admit I had a laugh when I went back and re-read the question in your initial post , then proceeded to scroll through the pictures posted only to find a handful of knives that show any signs of ever being carried .:)
Have all of those knives pictured " Honestly " been carried and used extensively ( 90% ) of daily tasks , over a long period of time ?

Ken

Great thread , Great question :thumbsup:

Buuttttttt.........
I must admit I had a laugh when I went back and re-read the question in your initial post , then proceeded to scroll through the pictures posted only to find a handful of knives that show any signs of ever being carried .:)
Have all of those knives pictured " Honestly " been carried and used extensively ( 90% ) of daily tasks , over a long period of time ?

Ken
Depends on the use I suppose. I live in a city, work in an office and (currently) commute by car. My LM is the only one which gets particularly dirty and even then, it's usually bike grease, taking apart computer innards doesn't make that much mess. My keychain SAK is full of pocket lint, gets used a whole lot, but it's not dirty stuff. I use my EDC folder for food so I keep it very clean. I'd also assume that a bunch of pics are of knives just after cleaning (who wants to show off with a dirty knife?) and/or when new. My EDC knife blade certainly doesn't look anywhere as new and shiny as the picture I posted of it when newish. Certainly not since I tried thinning down the blade by hand and scratched the heck out of it. :D

Depends on the use I suppose. I live in a city, work in an office and (currently) commute by car. My LM is the only one which gets particularly dirty and even then, it's usually bike grease, taking apart computer innards doesn't make that much mess. My keychain SAK is full of pocket lint, gets used a whole lot, but it's not dirty stuff. I use my EDC folder for food so I keep it very clean. I'd also assume that a bunch of pics are of knives just after cleaning (who wants to show off with a dirty knife?) and/or when new. My EDC knife blade certainly doesn't look anywhere as new and shiny as the picture I posted of it when newish. Certainly not since I tried thinning down the blade by hand and scratched the heck out of it. :D

" Touché " my friend :thumbsup:

Ken

I own MANY knives and have about four that get rotated into EDC off duty carry. On duty I carry two every day, a spyderhawk which is there for emergencies and a spyderco dragonfly that gets used more than any knife I own. It's clipped into my shirt pocket at work and often removed at home for chores around the house.

Alox electrician Buck 303 modded,flat grind ,and latlEly my mini grip,actually shaved,trimmed a few hairs this morning with it

I am a Spyderco Military fanboy.

I own ,like, carry, and even use other knives but very rarely leave the house without also carrying a Military. Even had one tucked IWB when I got married.

The one on the left for 3 years. The one on the right for the past 8 months.

o0oy08.jpg

Me, I carry a large 111mm SAK similar to the Tinker (Adventurer model). This cuts most things daily. I also normally carry a Steel Will Mini Cutjack in M390 that I love clipped to my back pocket. Just added a Case Peanut to my watch pocket and we'll see how that goes. What about

I love my spyderco tenacious. Perfect weight and size!
That looks like one of my posts? I guess the quote function didn't work for ya. ;)

As far as the use or pictured knives not being scuffed up (etc).... I carry other knives, but I find myself reaching for my SAK the most often. Some stay pretty new looking depending on materials. Plus, I tend to take pictures of knives that look new....

Back