1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What knives do you actually use day to day?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by 22-rimfire, Jun 29, 2018.

1. SharpieB

SharpieB Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2017
    I have lots of knives but rotate them them vs. only carrying one or a few.

My most used is my ESEE 6 as I spend an average of 3 days in the woods from May to Oct. it is with me always for batoning wood and everything else except most food prep.

I also use my ZT0620, Case Trappers, Benchmade Griptilian and various Spydercos a lot.

2. BP_

BP_ Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Mostly bucks. Ordinarily one of the following (in any number of variations)- 301, custom 112, 110LT, 501. Also paired with a CRK. Usually either a Small Starbenza, or Small Inkosi. A Small 21 Red Micarta is on the short list as well. Weekends I’m not working, I let the Mnandi out to play. Always a Leatherman on the belt. :thumbsup:

3. PocketKnifeJimmy

PocketKnifeJimmy

Aug 4, 2013
    I carry this with me every day, and it works for almost everything I ever need a knife for on most days...

[​IMG]

4. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    My Leatherman Ps4 Squirt gets a lot more use than I would have ever imagined prior to buying one. I have one on each of my "car key chains", so I pretty much have one available all the time. Don't use the blade much, because I have a regular knife on me too.

5. Yonose

Yonose

Jul 10, 2017
    I always have a spyderco Military with me. Right now I’ve got the KW Ti/cf s90v clipped to my shorts. I haven’t sharpened it yet, and it still shaves and goes through a roast like butter. Tomorrow I’ll wear the cts-204p Millie—I still haven’t noticed a difference between the two steels as far as edge retention goes, but once I sharpen, maybe in a week or two I’m sure I will.

6. tomsch

tomsch Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2004
    These day's I always have either a Alox Vic Rancher or a Spyderco Delica (no clip and just dropped into my front pocket). Rarely does a day go buy where I'm not using one of these two on something. The Alox Vic sees more work other than just cutting with the main blade.

7. IIDiode

IIDiode

Feb 16, 2017
    Usually carry three.

Getting the most pocket time right now:
    Graham Stubby Razel(cliffe) GMT
    Boos Mini Aero
    Kizer Rogue

8. tony281sc2

tony281sc2

Feb 13, 2017
    Lately my edc has been my regular 0095, with a mgx deep carry clip of course

9. photoman12001

photoman12001 Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2008
    Whatever I carry, which varies. Right now it’s mostly these:
    [​IMG]

This small Sebenza probably gets used the most but I use a SAKModder custom Victorinox quite a bit too. I try to rotate others in as well to get a feel for them but those two work very well for most everything I need.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Heartland_edc

Heartland_edc

May 4, 2015
    My good ol' DLC Manix 2. At the office, out on the road, or even working around my house. Its always in my pocket, despite having many other options. The blade shape and ergos are unbelievably friendly in any situation. I refer to him simply as "my buddy".

P.S. - I have no idea why this pic is upside down. Whatevs.

[​IMG]

11. harronek

harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    [​IMG]

This has been carried at work for the last couple of years .

Ken

12. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    My mini-grip gets the most use but the pocket time in the slip is split between my new dom and a moose. The slipjoints are for food, the BM is for anything with tape or is dirty. Moose one of the few I carry stand alone anymore, I always like to have a clean and dirty use blade on me. Native 5 gets a lot of use when he weather is cold and I wear my vest more. Millie gets all the action at home. Weekends is a big split between a lot of different knives if I get a chance to hit the back woods but certainly not EDC. Machete has been getting a workout this spring/summer since moving into a wetland area.

I carry a leatherman in my man purse but very rarely use it. Tried to EDC a multi-tool but the only thing that got used was the knife so I just got another knife (dozens, really).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Kbrasmodeler

Kbrasmodeler

Mar 18, 2008
    [​IMG]

14. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Of late my two most used blades (I am not out bush - so around home and such) are a Busse Active Duty and an ESEE IzulaII, mostlt because that are sitting on top of the knife chest from a trip away and they are easiest to pick up.

15. ROCK6

ROCK6 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2004
    I rotate a few every day (and yes I carry typically 3-4 folders, the TOPS, and a multitool daily), and ironically, I use the MT Ultratech and Boker Urban Trapper the most...

EDC from yesterday:

[​IMG]

ROCK6

16. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Busse Game Warden 3" fixed blade (1/8" INFI) in a cross-draw leather sheath. For a longer blade, I'll pull my clipped Spyderco Slysz Bowie.

17. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I just got the Boker Urban Trapper in the last week. Been carrying it and like it. Rock6, I think your tastes may be changing to more gentlemanly knives when you are out and about.

What I am discovering is that Urban Trapper is all I need (if I want that). But that doesn't stop me from looking at new stuff or making knife changes.

ROCK6 likes this.
  18. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    lately it has been the kershaw leek, hunter green scales + 14c28n blade, more slicy than anything I've ever carried...
    before that, a delica 4 in vg10 since they first came out in 2005/6
    before that, a mix of SAKs etc

for any hiking I like to take my fixed blade, which is also 14c28n - but I don't hike everyday, it's just a tiny bit large to be using as an edc in busy city areas, but really not... its just under 9" total length and just under 7 oz

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  19. ROCK6

ROCK6 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2004
    Well, I'm in a combat-environment, but I try being gentlemanly:D

22-rimfire likes this.
  20. Cath Palug

Cath Palug

Jun 6, 2018
    Normally a UKPK and a SAK MiniChamp in my coin pocket, but if I’m heading out into the middle of the city I’ll swap the UKPK for a Pingo or a Spartan Blades Nymph.