What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Thank you, they were a very generous gift. I just don't come come across old Barlow's here, they seem to have almost all been exported. I treasure the few I have :) :thumbsup:

Indeed - I've been looking for a small Oates and son barlow for years with no luck

Great photo, 6Strings! I got several of Boker’s Barlows as do others around here, that’s one I missed. Yours looks fantastic! ;):thumbsup:
Thank you, a nice whisky too if you like peaty flavours. There are some nice variations of the Boker barlow, the white bone only available in the US would’ve been nice to have. I’m also trying to find some of the 90’s American Hunter series, would live to complete the set.

I have these two:

51105815150_bfcb59bae1_k.jpg

51104801112_3263ecc854_k.jpg

Thank you, a nice whisky too if you like peaty flavours. There are some nice variations of the Boker barlow, the white bone only available in the US would’ve been nice to have. I’m also trying to find some of the 90’s American Hunter series, would live to complete the set.

I have these two:

51105815150_bfcb59bae1_k.jpg

51104801112_3263ecc854_k.jpg
Very nice, the grain in that Deer Hunter is fantastic!;):thumbsup:

That is the Barlow that was included in the 1992 Schatt and Morgan Keystone Series set, made by Queen. Love that crimson sawcut bone! The color turned out GREAT on that set!

Dave
Thanks Dave, didn't know it was part of a Keystone Set! :)

Super grateful to have these in the collection, especially what appears to be the last Waynorth SFO Sepia Saw cut. They’re all fantastic knives. I will likely keep the boys knife safe in case God blesses me with a son one day, or a daughter if she’d like it!

hjzFMqi.jpg

Back