What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

IMPERIAL IRELAND ~ "Ride With The Rhino" ~ Armstrong Tires

GXnafWo.jpg

HCFRELv.jpg
Very cool. My dad who just recently passed away worked for over 30 years at the Hanford, CA plant when it opened in 1962. Pirelli bought them out at the end before closing the plant. Sears sold a lot of their tires back then.

Very cool. My dad who just recently passed away worked for over 30 years at the Hanford, CA plant when it opened in 1962. Pirelli bought them out at the end before closing the plant. Sears sold a lot of their tires back then.
OUTSTANDING !!! 😲
I've read briefly a little about Armstrong. Established in 1912 I think. Read about the Pirelli buy-out. Then Armstrong almost disappeared by 2012 and was bought by a company trying to bring Armstrong back, but with modern tire technology.
So very sorry about the loss of your dad, Tim.

OUTSTANDING !!! 😲
I've read briefly a little about Armstrong. Established in 1912 I think. Read about the Pirelli buy-out. Then Armstrong almost disappeared by 2012 and was bought by a company trying to bring Armstrong back, but with modern tire technology.
So very sorry about the loss of your dad, Tim.
Thank you. The Hanford plant closed in the mid 90's I believe. My dad was the purchasing agent, and was always bringing home misc. stuff the salesmen would give him when I was a kid growing up. Never saw one of those. Had lots of other knives with various chemical advertising on them. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you. The Hanford plant closed in the mid 90's I believe. My dad was the purchasing agent, and was always bringing home misc. stuff the salesmen would give him when I was a kid growing up. Never saw one of those. Had lots of other knives with various chemical advertising on them. Thanks for sharing.

Tim, I have no history on this knife and am clueless as to the age. In fact I JUST picked it up at a local thrift/estate/consignment store here in Enterprise, Alabama TODAY !!!
It may have never even been used or carried but has banged around a bit in a forgotten state for some time.

Thank you sir. CL is 3.5" with a bolster that is exactly 1/3 the length of the handle. Pulls are a snappy smooth 4. Covers are giraffe bone. Always a pleasure to share photos!

View attachment 1845175

View attachment 1845176

View attachment 1845177

View attachment 1845178

View attachment 1845179

View attachment 1845180

View attachment 1845181

View attachment 1845187

View attachment 1845190

Gosh that is an exceptional piece of work.I came back to look at it again today and just wanted compliment you.

Gosh that is an exceptional piece of work.I came back to look at it again today and just wanted compliment you.
Thank you so much for the compliment. One of the great personal joys of my life has been and will continue to be to learn this craft. I just love making traditional knives when I can and sharing that love as much as I can even if that means sharing just a few pictures here and there.

Back