What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Soupbone perhaps Charlie? Please oh please
: )
Not this time Drew, but we've got some ideas from the pics in post #16950 above!!:cool:

Glad you like it r8shell, and thanks for the idea-pics!:thumbsup:

I REALLY like how this is progressing. Stellar suggestions! (Now I need a moment alone to compose myself.)
- Stuart
Hang in there Stuart!!:D

View attachment 872273
waynorth waynorth Charlie, this particular blade is obviously not ancient , but the Lambsfoot pattern is. I had a sneaking suspicion that you were going to introduce a North American version of the Lambsfoot with your next knife.
The American Lambfoot is in the speculative stage, but might occur before year end!:rolleyes:

Jack, didn't the first run of Ancient TCs have a lambsfoot blade?
The first Ancients' blades were very close to Lambsfoot blades. They had a slight distal taper, but were more square on the end. Jack Black found some possible names for that blade in his dusty tomes!:rolleyes: Something about the Bishop's nose???:D:D:D

These old English barlows are just wonderful. (pardon me while I wipe the droll off my mouth). I only have one EF&S. Love the old English ones - that's what a good old barlow was all about. Keep your TC's and let me have a good old English.
Rich

I'm looking forward to another in the Ancient series, Charlie!. The most unique of the TCs and classic to boot. I like the idea of buying another one I'll not be afraid of carrying.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The first Ancients' blades were very close to Lambsfoot blades. They had a slight distal taper, but were more square on the end. Jack Black found some possible names for that blade in his dusty tomes!:rolleyes: Something about the Bishop's nose???:D:D:D

LOL! :D 'Short Beak' was the favourite! :D :thumbsup:

Hey, what's this about more Ancients?! :eek: :) :thumbsup:

Ancient 8-5.jpg

LOL! :D 'Short Beak' was the favourite! :D :thumbsup:

Hey, what's this about more Ancients?! :eek: :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 872638

A Short apology to the Bishop!!:D:D
I wonder if a Spear would qualify as a "Long Beak"??:eek:
:)

Yes it's true, Jack! Bill asked me yesterday if I'd like to do a run of Ancients.
We are just ironing out the details. I don't know if they will be done before the Rendezvous though.
Since GEC has grown a bit, planning periods are longer!!

What’s all this I’m hearing? When I first heard the word “Ancient” I thought someone was talking about me! :eek: Then I remembered these jewels! I guess we can live without Soup Bone if we get some really nice Ragg Bone to take its place!! :D

20254185168_58261013f8_b_d.jpg

What’s all this I’m hearing? When I first heard the word “Ancient” I thought someone was talking about me! :eek: Then I remembered these jewels! I guess we can live without Soup Bone if we get some really nice Ragg Bone to take its place!! :D

Gorgeous (Ancient) collection, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I only have two, one a user and the other is backup. They are so well made and both of mine came razor sharp.

That scratted bone is just great looking. I wish they used it on more knives than just the ancient barlow (though it certainly fits that!).

Back