What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

YNYsObBh.jpg

Wonderful pair! I especially like that smooth white bone. What material is the second one? It looks like some sort of two toned synthetic. :confused:
That’s correct - it appears to be two separate sheets of a hard composite material bonded together to form the scales of the knife.

The last couple of pages in this thread are most enjoyable and interesting!!:thumbsup:
I've read them twice, and will probably read them again later! Beautiful knives and interesting conversation!!:cool: I've just been in lurking mode for a little while, but you'all are firing me up again!!:D

The Fort The Fort
Thanks Lance, it belonged to my uncle that passed away when I was 10. When I was about 12 My Dad and me was going through some things of his that had been in storage. I found it in a pair of jeans folded up in a box of clothes. My Dad seen my looking at it and asked "You like that boy" of course I said yes, he said "Promise me you won't loose it?" I said " It was Uncle Crab's, I won't loose it" that being mine and my sisters nickname for him. Then my Dad told me to put it in my pocket. It had been in storage at my Sisters with some of my other things, then they moved I got my other stuff but not it. I was heartbroken, I'd thought it'd been lost During the move. But a few weeks ago my nephew found it, he pulled it from his pocket the instant he seen me Christmas eve. Oops I seem to be rambling on..

The Fort The Fort
Thanks Lance, it belonged to my uncle that passed away when I was 10. When I was about 12 My Dad and me was going through some things of his that had been in storage. I found it in a pair of jeans folded up in a box of clothes. My Dad seen my looking at it and asked "You like that boy" of course I said yes, he said "Promise me you won't loose it?" I said " It was Uncle Crab's, I won't loose it" that being mine and my sisters nickname for him. Then my Dad told me to put it in my pocket. It had been in storage at my Sisters with some of my other things, then they moved I got my other stuff but not it. I was heartbroken, I'd thought it'd been lost During the move. But a few weeks ago my nephew found it, he pulled it from his pocket the instant he seen me Christmas eve. Oops I seem to be rambling on..
No rambling at all that was a great story behind a great knife. Thanks for sharing.✌

The Fort The Fort
Great story David! I’m glad to see that it finally made it back to you. It has a ton of character, and I’m sure will be carried proudly.

Back