What Spydie do you have on the way???

Seriously close to pulling trigger on a ZDP Dragonfly, just have to convince myself the backlock is gonna be ok.

symphonyincminor

Gold Member
Now I'm eyeing the Tuff.... someone please talk me out of it.

It's a strange knife - almost like an awkward, anabolic steroid-pumped cousin to the Military model. Found the design visually off-putting the 1st time I saw the production version, but like a lot of functional designs, the form follows the function. And I'm a form-follows-function type of guy, so again - please talk me out of it!

What I meant was ok for me. Just not a big fan of backlock knives. I am a one hand operated knife guy. Is this possible with this knife?

I just ordered myself a Kiwi 3. I wanted to try the wharncliffe and for $20, if I don't like it, I'm not out much for my first Spyderco.

What I meant was ok for me. Just not a big fan of backlock knives. I am a one hand operated knife guy. Is this possible with this knife?

Absolutely. Just do the ol' "flop & drop" like on just about any other Spyderco lock back. Works a treat. I can close my lock back Spyderco knives faster and safer than my frame and liner locks. :thumbup:

Seriously close to pulling trigger on a ZDP Dragonfly, just have to convince myself the backlock is gonna be ok.

I haven't owned a Dragonfly, but every other backlock Spyderco I have played with was easy to close one handed. I say go for it!

Scored a PM2 in the Exchange. Looking forward to having my first PM2, and other than my bug, the only Spyderco in my collection currently.

Now I'm eyeing the Tuff.... someone please talk me out of it.

It's a strange knife - almost like an awkward, anabolic steroid-pumped cousin to the Military model. Found the design visually off-putting the 1st time I saw the production version, but like a lot of functional designs, the form follows the function. And I'm a form-follows-function type of guy, so again - please talk me out of it!

No way that is one hell of a knife, I wouldn't talk anyone out of buying that one.

ZDP Dragonfly. I was thinking of getting a (worry free) H1 Dragonfly, but went with the ZDP for performance. I won't be getting it anytime soon, though, since I ordered it along with a pre-order (gotta save on shipping costs).

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC