What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Lol... Funny and true. 🤣

Ah yes... I was close. ;)

I rode bulls and bareback horses in High School.
All my friends tried to get me to go out for the football team.
I told them that when football becomes more scary than rodeo, I might consider it.

High School football is a lot of fun to watch, except for the badly behaved parents that take it too seriously.

Haha... Thanks for the jinx.. 🤣

Go Hawks!
They needed somebody besides Bobby that could tackle Henry.

Go Hawks!
They needed a little help yesterday.
They don't do well with a lead at the half.

Hope you're recovered and back on your feet quickly, my friend. :)

That's a really sweet Pen Knife, Jack. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Thanks John . I was on my feet and walked 98 Yards yesterday within 6 hours of the surgery and the same distance plus 8 stairs today , but the Recovery will be bit longer that that .

Harry

Last edited:
Quality quartet Kevin :thumbsup:

Have a good day with your Hartshead Barlow Bill :thumbsup:

Nice work Jeff :thumbsup:

Thank you very much John, perfect pair :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations to you and your missus Mike :) :thumbsup:

I missed Harry's post I'm afraid, but good luck with your knee surgery Old Engineer Old Engineer , and congratulations on your great grandson :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very much Jack and this will make 5 Great Grandsons .

Harry

toda1603.jpg

toda1605.jpg

Have a nice day. 😎
Wish I could find a possum skinner like that for a decent price

Good to hear that Jer. It's always nice to have a familiar place to eat - helps to digest the food.
My wife says if I keep putting jalapenos in everything, she’s going to look for a new place to eat!
I say, I grew ‘em dammit~ we have to eat ‘em up!
I think we have a solution. She has a co-worker who’s of Mexican roots, so I’m going to cull the herd and send a bag with her tomorrow.
Good news on your WW.
Thanks. When I got that one a while back it had some bad sandpaper work on the main blade. I made it a little better and then it sat around for a while. Last night I sharpened it. I think I’ll like it more once it has a nice patina that mostly covers up the alterations that happened to the blades. It’s tight and snappy with some nice bones though, good thing that wasn’t messed up.
They are out there. The good thing is that sometimes you can get an otherwise good knife cheap.
It takes a lot of time, a steady hand, and a lot of practice to remove grinder, sandpaper, and file damage from a blade. I start with paper coarse enough to remove the damage, using a perfectly flat marble backing surface. Then, work my way up through the grades, each one removing the scratches from the previous one. And always alternate direction. Going up to 800 or 1200 gets a decent satin finish. It’s really difficult if you want a real high polish, and you really need to watch the heat if you use a power buffing wheel. Plus, it’s easy to get ripples, so I usually finish up with crocus cloth and call it good enough.

I think I can conquer the world with these two - oh, and coffee. Have to have that too - it's an important ingredient for world domination.

D6huwCI.jpg
Your McCarter has a Green River look to it.
Love it.
And I agree 100% on coffee!

That is a great looking Cudgel my friend . Knife ain't too bad either . I am home and in much less pain than I had with the Right Knee . I am not sure you understand what I told you on the phone this morning , so here goes again . I tried to get into Blade Forums and some GEC Dealers through Yahoo and Google on my phone last night and was unable to . I could get into some Case sites . I just tried to do it on my home computer and was able to access Blade Forums and Dealers on it , SO IT MUST BE THE PHONE COMPANY WHO IS HOSED UP . I needed to talk knives with somebody this morning and I am glad you were there Jeff .
I still do not have a knife , or knives , in my pocket , but if I did , it would be these today for just laying around the house .

Harry
Thanks for the harness hame cudgel inspiration!
They sure didn’t want you hanging around the hospital any longer than necessary ~ I’ll bet you’re glad to be home.

Some places have “dangerous” websites blocked on their wifi. I wonder if that was the case...

My wife and I welcomed twins a couple of weeks ago, so I really like how these Twin Children barlows have two ‘21s on the tang View attachment 1643766
TC 152121
Congrats on your TWINS my friend . You are in for a HOOT . I had Twin Brothers and they had their own Language and their Own Names for each other and they were a Laugh a Minute . Their Self Given Names were Iggle and Biggle . They looked very much alike but had Totally different personalities .

Harry

Congrats on your TWINS my friend . You are in for a HOOT . I had Twin Brothers and they had their own Language and their Own Names for each other and they were a Laugh a Minute . Their Self Given Names were Iggle and Biggle . They looked very much alike but had Totally different personalities .

Harry
Thanks, Harry! Yes, we realize that we’re “in for it!”
If we’ve got anything going for us, it’s that it happens to be kids 4 & 5, so most of it is familiar so far, just double…
Looking forward to the hi jinx!

Nothing better than a good piece of Ebony. 🤠:thumbsup:

Going with a couple of all-time favorites today...
Thanks buddy, great pairing there :) :thumbsup:
I think I can conquer the world with these two - oh, and coffee. Have to have that too - it's an important ingredient for world domination.

D6huwCI.jpg
LOL! :D Nicely matched my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very much Jack and this will make 5 Great Grandsons .

Harry
That's fantastic Harry, I'm glad to hear you're recovering well too :) :thumbsup:
Love the rattail bolster on your 2018 Guardian SFO beauty; that is the first pocketknife I've seen from Poland, very cool! :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks JJ, they were inexpensive knives in their day, but well enough made, and with decent steel :) I decided to put some tung oil on the covers, so it hasn't been in my pocket too much today though :)
Two Lambs for Tuesday. :)
That's my kind of day! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Seems appropriate that I picked the 2016 knife up this morning on the day we order the 2021 forum knife! Back in the office after a week in Hilton Head. Both kids are better from their RSV and life is good! Happy Tuesday!

gy8YUd0.jpg

Back