What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

But you're too young to go golfing. ;)
At least you have the proper tools to sharpen those little pencils.
…and their erasers! 😉👍
Good luck, Todd. If you shoot under 100 you’re doing better than me. 😔

Beautiful Barlow @r8shell .
Thanks Jeremy, we had a great time. 😎👍
Good to see that the covers on your SAK will match the covers on your Titleists -- well-chosen!!! 😂
Thanks Jim, I love these little SAKs for golfing, hardly know they’re in your pocket.
Outstanding Jon. 😊👍
Two great knives there, Jon.

I ain't afraid of no ghost.

Today's carry, along with a picture I took of a nested Osprey when the Jamestown ferry arrived in Surry yesterday.
Rq7E2n3.jpg

r8oBYMD.jpg
Ery cool picture Jeremy. 😎👍

On a hot n muggy day :)
jriYvL.jpg
Cool pic Paul :cool: :thumbsup:
Who's afraid of a little patina?
:D :cool: :thumbsup:
Been a little busy with family and friends coming in for my daughters wedding. I need to start hauling the refreshments out to the venue today. Figured a climber might actually come in handy🥴View attachment 1852710
Congratulations to the happy couple :) I hope you have a great day :thumbsup:
Always appreciated Mr. Jack. :thumbsup: I stopped by the old fort on the way home from breakfast and took some new pictures, which I will post up later.
Have a fine weekend.☺️
I'll look forward to seeing those my friend :) Thank you, you too Mr P :) :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot, Jack!!! :)

Beautiful shot of Merle's lovely cousin, Jack; your Black Jack makes the perfect Friday partner, as well! :cool: 😁:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you kind sir :D :) :thumbsup:
I pocketed a couple old Remingtons today. :)
I don't recall seeing you carry that combination before JJ, but it's a winner for sure :) Two world-class Remingtons :) :thumbsup:

Wishing everyone a great weekend :) I'm off to the City of York for the day :thumbsup:

n0OHYjm.jpg

oUHz7lk.jpg

Very nice! Both hawkbill and harvest.
I’m a long ways away from getting any squash.
New arrivals have had first bath. Cleaned up and ready for edges. Should keep me relaxed and entertained for a fair while

a0uCvRj.jpg

ZeX5VQs.jpg

pF1sWh6.jpg
Love it, Jim!
Steve Pfeiffer, author of the book Collecting Case knives - Identification and Price Guide has been collecting, buying, and selling CASE and other brands of vintage and modern pocket knives since 1973.
He is who I purchased this SEARS CRAFTSMAN trio from and according to him, the three pocket knives as a whole, are from the 70's to 80's era and made for SEARS on contract with Imperial/Schrade.

And so I will agree with you not only because Mr Pfeiffer says so, but looking at these three knives, and I too find the pivot pins aren't showing. ADDITIONALLY, one of the bolsters on the stockman was slightly misaligned and it was an easy fix to line the bolster back up, just like it would be with a Swindon key build.

A lot of folks say Camillus had a hand in things and maybe so. Albert Baer owned Schrade back in those days and was soon to completely own Camillus at that time. So I'm not shocked when folks see signs of both Schrade and Camillus. There was a close association apparently.

I also learned that the rectangle SEARS/CRAFTSMAN shield on the knives is said to have first appeared in the SEARS catalog in 1977. None of the trio I have came with anything other than each other LOL.

Camillus DID FOR SURE make the SEARS CRAFTSMAN pocket knives 1927 to 1940 AND they came with real bone handles. I have an example of one that should be delivered here tomorrow. The CRAFTSMAN etch is long gone from the blade on that one too of course and the tang stamp only says "HIGH CARBON STEEL U.S.A." ... but it is no doubt a Camillus/Sears knife. Around 1940, Camillus and others became quite busy with other things going on in the world and by the end of WWII, the business model and financial terrain had changed.
Nice summation.

Cool pic Paul :cool: :thumbsup:

:D :cool: :thumbsup:

Congratulations to the happy couple :) I hope you have a great day :thumbsup:

I'll look forward to seeing those my friend :) Thank you, you too Mr P :) :thumbsup:

Thank you kind sir :D :) :thumbsup:

I don't recall seeing you carry that combination before JJ, but it's a winner for sure :) Two world-class Remingtons :) :thumbsup:

Wishing everyone a great weekend :) I'm off to the City of York for the day :thumbsup:

n0OHYjm.jpg

oUHz7lk.jpg
Wow that orange one is amazing. Is that just does bone?

I opened my knife drawer, looked in the cigar box that contains my frankenstein modded knives, and chose these. A Case XX Sodbuster that had the exact same black scales as the one JohnDF JohnDF posted this morning. Except one side had cracked through, and swung freely on one of the pins. Which is why I bought it. I didn’t want to go to the trouble of taking it apart and re-handling it with elk antlers if it was not broken. I really wanted a full size Sodbuster, and being broken, I’d lucked into one I could afford. It’s an old(er) one, too.
The TL-29 came with a utilty/screwdriver blade that had been re-shaped, sort of, into a clip blade on a bench grinder, so it was a good candidate to turn into a Mexican Bocote handled singled blade jackknife.
79096A56-842E-4F5F-80FD-6C2D13AFE2E1.jpeg52A80A77-DE8A-4C8F-A55D-EB918100BA77.jpegWoke up to a bit of thunder, some light rain, and the hopeful forecast of more through the day. Blessed, welcome rain.

Please have a super Saturday!

315 315 ~
Aw, Jim. I kind of feel for you knowing how much work you’ve got to do this weekend. I hope it all pays off, and you send your sweet ‘lil girl off in grand style. Major life milestone! Congratulations, Daddy!

Reactions: 315
I opened my knife drawer, looked in the cigar box that contains my frankenstein modded knives, and chose these. A Case XX Sodbuster that had the exact same black scales as the one JohnDF JohnDF posted this morning. Except one side had cracked through, and swung freely on one of the pins. Which is why I bought it. I didn’t want to go to the trouble of taking it apart and re-handling it with elk antlers if it was not broken. I really wanted a full size Sodbuster, and being broken, I’d lucked into one I could afford. It’s an old(er) one, too.
The TL-29 came with a utilty/screwdriver blade that had been re-shaped, sort of, into a clip blade on a bench grinder, so it was a good candidate to turn into a Mexican Bocote handled singled blade jackknife.
View attachment 1853290View attachment 1853291Woke up to a bit of thunder, some light rain, and the hopeful forecast of more through the day. Blessed, welcome rain.

Thanks for sharing. Pretty cool.

View attachment 1853290View attachment 1853291Woke up to a bit of thunder, some light rain, and the hopeful forecast of more through the day. Blessed, welcome rain.

Looks like you did a fine job ! :thumbsup: 😊 Back from the dead !

Back