What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Was really stuck on the horns of indecision this morning. I was looking at the knife shelves and decided I wanted a stockman in my pocket. Now normally I would grab My Cold Steel Stockman and be done with it but my eye kept looking at rounder edges and I finally realized I wanted an equal end in my pocket...and that is where I was stuck. I had narrowed it down to two Bulldogs but couldn't decide between them.

I am strange for carrying two stockman knives all day today?

bulldogstock.jpg

I might be a little strange myself as I have been known to carry two trappers at the same time. One in each pocket. I just could not pick between the two. Some days are like that.
Today I will probably be carrying a Muskrat, a trapper and some kind of sak. I will try to post a pic later. I am terrible at that but I will try.
Also just want to add that I really enjoy this thread 'and forum' and check it everyday tho I don't post much any more. Wishing everybody a great day.:)
Jim

Good gracious fellows, its been a real treat as of late to view all the wonderful knives you all have been kind enough to share with us here as whatcha' a been a tote'n over the last several of weeks to be sure!. :thumbup:

I have had my meager contribution in the mix here and there as well too, but nothing like what you all have had to show us all here...

I did want to share this real sweetheart of a medium sized Whittler that I've been tote'n in my watch pocket ever since I had it land on my door step a few days back and there by gifted to me from my good friend and BF member Navihawk.. She is a vintage and rare Valley Forge {over} Cutlery Co. {over} Newark, NJ. {over} Made in U.S.A.. Year made?. Yet to be determined.. But One heck of a sweeeeetheart to be sure! :cool:

THANK YOU KINDLY, SIR! :D :D

s614qv.jpg

24weiqu.jpg

My pleasure for sure Anthony. Send it over to Levines and see if he can date it. Thanks for my gift.I think its going in the safe, but not befor I can pull it out of my pocket :thumbup:Merry slightly belated Christmas.
Steve
24q1ttc.jpg

Thanks Texasflyfisher.It's all steel and Old. A sunday go to meetin knife meant to go in the pocket, but it won't see any hard use, maybe to cut a string or something, even though its as stout as they get.Thanks again Anthony:thumbup:

Navihawk that is a gorgeous knife. Just gorgeous. But man I know its old, but you need to use her. Shes too beautiful to be left alone.

Navihawk that is a gorgeous knife. Just gorgeous. But man I know its old, but you need to use her. Shes too beautiful to be left alone.

Believe me,It will see some pocket time. My hand goes to it like a magnet.:)
It has a nice ring to it walking and talking.I've been driving the wife crazy with it. " Will you put that thing down?" she says...LOL

Its sweet. I think that the smooth, dark G-10 contrasts nicely with the nickel (stainless ?) bolsters and stainless blades. And its just a different take on what we are used to in Peanuts.

Wow there are some nice looking knives in this thread.:thumbup:
I am still carrying my Case amber bone texas jack in cv. It's been in my pocket every day for about a year and a half now. Others often join it, though :D.
slipjoints006-1.jpg

I really need to take another picture of this knife, this pic is about 8-9 months old, and doesn't show the heavy patina on both blades like it has now.

That's a mighty nice looking stockman, navihawk!

Today, it's the old Case 6332 stockman
case_on_khaki.jpg

Indeed it is a sweet lookin old Queen...

TF, I really wish you would quit showing that knife :D Every time I see it, I feel the need to pick up another red bone to add to my meager red bone collection

Back