What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. TLARbb

TLARbb

Jan 24, 2010
    It a new year and I can carry something different. So, I chose to carry the harvest orange peanut I won in leghog's give away last month. It's a sweet little piece of pocket jewelry:

[​IMG]

Ed J

2. avoidspam

avoidspam

Jul 2, 2011
    Thanks Stephen, I'll try and get a good pic of it with the blade open tomorrow and post it up as Ken has done a really nice job on that:)

Sam

3. SubSpace

SubSpace

May 26, 2011
    [​IMG]

Feeling like an Outlaw today...

4. avoidspam

avoidspam

Jul 2, 2011
    Thanks! Nice to see a well worn Case too, that filework sets it off nicely:)

5. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    It's smooth ivory bone
    [​IMG]

I dodged it this holiday season, but most everyone else in my family got sick.

6. sunandsteel

sunandsteel

Oct 23, 2013
    Nice. :thumbup:

7. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Thanks! I would have taken a current picture, but I took it out of my pocket to shovel snow. It was soaking through my pockets.

8. Dr. Scott

Dr. Scott

Aug 12, 2013
    Gorgeous! There can not have been many of these canvas Micartas. I snoozed and missed out. I may still pick up the linen Micarta version. But this one is special. Congrats!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  9. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    We need to stare at this one on this page!!! Yowza

10. Toddwalla

Toddwalla

May 27, 2012
    I wish! Unfortunately it was lost to the ages years ago. There is just something about the way ebony ages and your pic captured it perfectly. I always look forward to your pictures!

11. avoidspam

avoidspam

Jul 2, 2011
    You're too kind my friend:)

12. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Love the picture, the whiskey, the knife and the saying :thumbup:

Nice one Sub :)

Paul

13. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Just snapped this with the flash at my desk. I kinda hate myself for liking an aluminum handled knife so much, but this Electrician is great.
    The stout little sheepfoot blade is death to packaging of any kind!

[​IMG]

14. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    And that my friend makes me want to take more. I really appreciate it:D

Keep the pictures coming...lol

15. SAK Guy

SAK Guy

Jul 2, 2013
    :thumbup: :D

16. Alnamvet68

Alnamvet68

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

17. Mumbojumboo

Mumbojumboo

Dec 20, 2010
  18. Woodrow F Call

Woodrow F Call

Jan 3, 2013
    Alox is classy. A great knife is a great knife no matter the handles. It amazes me how much value the Swiss cram into a little package.

19. jc57

jc57

Nov 28, 2012
    I like the Alox SAKs a lot myself. My silver Cadet has become my true every day carry. It's in my pocket right now. I usually carry something else too (today it's a Case Mini Trapper in Chestnut Bone CV) but the Cadet usually does the work, and the other knife is just along for the ride.

I have the same Pioneer-sized Electrician that I carry when I want something a bit bigger.

I'm also a little guilty about liking the Victorinox knives so much. Makes me feel a bit silly for all of the others I own, if all I need is handled by a couple of $25 knives.

20. SAK Guy

SAK Guy

Jul 2, 2013
    Everyone knows I'm crazy for ALOX but have an old timey traditional streak a mile wide so I try to balance it by carrying one of each daily.

I do think if I was told to pick one and walk away...it would be a simple cross, red Pioneer with brass liners......those knives really get to me.