What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

IMG_0048_zps150e46c6.jpg

My Condor Mini-Bushlore arrived about 15 minutes ago and I can see this being my future EDC combo for a while. Amazingly sharp right out of the box! Cheap too.

IMG_1268_zpsabfe35eb.jpg

Sctreened is correct..its a scimitar?...they were sold by our oldest knife retailer here in NZ.(Victory knives)..they are Sheffield steel and cut really well...I contacted Victory as i was interested in the marking (electro vibro etch) they last used that mark in 1970.

Sorry to be a waste of space. Cimeter is a recognized variant of scimitar, and the food knife people seem to prefer it.

I have been falling in love with the Case Texas Jack while perusing this thread over the last few months. In what was for me a herculean display of self control I didn't buy one... until now. Mostly it's Brett's fault, but there are few others of you like John (jc57), Andi, and rsmith_77 who may also share in the blame. Thank you guys, it's a wonderful knife!

Oh wow!

Got home from a wonderful Christmas visiting family and did my usual trick of swapping several knives out of my pocket in the space of 20 minutes (please don't tell me I'm on my own here!).

Finally settled on one, Ken's EZ open. Perfect proportions for me:)

I just shorted out my laptop with the drool coming from my mouth. That is a beautiful knife Sam! Bazinga!

Sctreened is correct..its a scimitar?...they were sold by our oldest knife retailer here in NZ.(Victory knives)..they are Sheffield steel and cut really well...I contacted Victory as i was interested in the marking (electro vibro etch) they last used that mark in 1970.

Cimeter is a recognized variant of scimitar, and the food knife people seem to prefer it.

Thanks for the further info guys :)

Looking forward to Andi's new signature line in 2014.
Smoke for that project to progress well with a successful and happy result.

I just shorted out my laptop with the drool coming from my mouth. That is a beautiful knife Sam! Bazinga!

Ha, ha, maybe a tablet's in order...;)

Mind, you've been serving up some fine specimens yourself both here and over on the General knives EDC thread!

Carried my Oeser today, got home and freshened up the edge. Now this O1 is razor sharp and ready for more work :D

After a hectic day of dealing with two feet of snow, and having to bring my wife to the doctor because the baby is a week late ( all is well )I came home to a package from Jon Slider with a slip sheath for my Damascus peanut and a needle and some material to make some more slip sheaths ��
Thanks Jon ��

And my edc peanut with a sheath I made a while ago withy Vic Farmer

Pete

Last edited:
After a hectic day of dealing with two feet of snow, and having to bring my wife to the doctor because the baby is a week late ( all is well )I came home to a package from Jon Slider with a slip sheath for my Damascus peanut and a needle and some material to make some more slip sheaths ��
Thanks Jon ��
And my edc peanut with a sheath I made a while ago withy Vic Farmer
Pete

That is pretty cool stuff! Love that shot. Never seen a needle like that, I bet it works great though :thumbup:

Back