What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

IMG_20131206_113649_686_zps9facb8e0.jpg

I haven't played this game in a while. Recently, I confess, I've strayed from the path by carrying an ocasional modern folder and SAK's but came to my senses again and selected this workhorse to help with liberating some 'samples' from their transport cartons :)

Camillus TL-29 was with me today... I knife I recieved about one year ago from our forum member Tom (Vanguard)

^^^^ Lovin how that coppers aging!!!

Paul

Yeah, I kind of wish the blade wasn't D2. I know D2 isn't stainless but it certainly doesn't patina like 1095, it would be nice if the blade had a nice patina in conjunction with the bolsters and the shield.

I have been eyeing one of these for sometime. What could you tell me about it? How well does it carry? How big and bulky is it? I find there is very little information on them compared to other KA-BAR knives. Great looking knife though. Give it time and use, then the blade will match the rest.

Kabar Dog's Head Coppersmith for me today.

Kabar Dog's Head Coppersmith for me today.

I still love the look of that knife. Actually even more with the patina. I don't know why I don't just give in and get one.

Anyway, there's no value like a rough rider done right:
GLm3YfW.jpg

Carrying it around town. You can clearly see a person walking behind my truck in the top bolster.

I'm gonna turn the secondary blade into a wharncliffe and the main into a nice n nasty clip. I'll probably dye it black too.

hxvdQDG.jpg

Lovely Sam :thumbup:

Looking good Pete :)

Nicely knifed, as always Kris :thumbup: Love that fixed-blade :)

Been carrying my 66 today :)

I second all your comments, Jack!! Is that a recent picture, Jack?

I am carrying this Boker today with my peach seed from Pete :D

11951794165_21f8b3d261_b.jpg

Today, I am carrying a new knife received late last week. It's a Case Humpback Stockman in Harvest Orange. This is by far my best Case that I have owned in terms of fit and finish. The only thing that would make this top shelf is if I could replace the stainless steel with cv. More pics with blades open down the road.

11953186123_e9124d5131_c.jpg

11952899025_15dd4cc7c0_c.jpg

11953155783_3ec02173e6_c.jpg

Peter

Very good CASE Humpback there Peter, I have the same knife and it too shows quality: sunk-joints, nice cut-out and I like having a Spear Master on a Stockman. The bone is worthy too.

Today a GEC 56 Dogleg.

Thanks, Will

Thanks Jack and Gev!

Gev - what's the story behind the peach kernel?

Jack - lovely looking trinket alongside your #66:) (I do like the #66 but don't think I'm alone. Boy they get snaffled quick when they come up!)

Back