What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

GEC #73 Osage Orange

pTImX0P.jpg

Giving this military knife a third try. It is a certified nail breaker, the strongest springs I have ever encountered. A recent oil bath and solid week with all tools open have lightened its disposition slightly, and I can now at least access the cap lifter without significant cuticle damage.

Running off to church in a few minutes.
This Case Sway Back Jack in CV and chestnut bone is in my pocket...
2015-04-04%2014.49.12_zpspdwmpykc.jpg

Carrying the little Buck Mayo Kaala, the resolza is getting a little TLC, peening the pivot to tighten it up a bit.

IMG_8579%202%20850x522_zpstadoexqa.jpg

Lovely Barlow Bob :)

Jack - lovely photos today, and I hope you're having a great Sunday too. :)

preview_image_1_54719712x_zpsvyeshf6u.jpg

Thank you very much my friend. I've been pottering about in the house all day - even did a spot of work (I'm learning more about bank robbery every day! ;) ), but it's been pleasant enough. Hope your day is going well Stephen, and please say 'Hi' to the kids from me :)

Lovely Oeser there :thumbup:

I like that :thumbup:

I'm very interested by these pocket sheaths, and often wonder about them. I'm not sure they'd work for me though, certainly not back pocket carry. I like a small fixed blade, and if it wasn't for the UK knife laws, I'd probably carry one a lot more. I love those small Barkies that have been shown a lot lately :)

That's a great line-up of working knives P. I'm not sure when knives got so 'sensible', seemed hard to get one for love or money 25 years ago. Nice to see things have changed (if indeed that is the case) :thumbup:

Lovely Gev, where do you keep finding all these old beauties? ;) :thumbup:

Very nice Ed :thumbup:

Giving this military knife a third try. It is a certified nail breaker, the strongest springs I have ever encountered. A recent oil bath and solid week with all tools open have lightened its disposition slightly, and I can now at least access the cap lifter without significant cuticle damage.

A stylish and practical set-up, as always sir :thumbup: Maybe our grandfathers had stronger nails ;)

And there's another great-looking 'sensible' FB! :D Nice Resolza too:thumbup:

Nice knives today, guys and gals!
My Sunday go to meeting knife today.
e7c28fb8-d463-4ecc-8f48-cfd99c488eec.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments about that Böker Sportsmesser. It is a knife I was gifted by my dad two years ago to my 30th birthday. Seems to be a collectible item ;)

Just got this little rough rider peanut yesterday. I've been carrying a case chestnut bone peanut in my watch pocket for several months now but the South Carolina humidity and heat has me worried about rust. I swear like crazy and that thing has pretty much stayed wet. So now I got it a SS cousin to carry around during the summer.
How do you like the tortoise? I just ordered a RR congress in that same dress.

Carrying the little Buck Mayo Kaala, the resolza is getting a little TLC, peening the pivot to tighten it up a bit.

Really liking the Resolza sitflyer, is it a custom maker? I've been obsessed with resolzas after I was gifted one from Italy

That a beauty, Gary :thumbup:

Thanks gentlemen, the cup is a kuksa, handmade in Finland out of arctic birch burl, should last a lifetime. The Steingass is no slouch either, Tim builds a great knife.

Thanks, Kris. It's a new one. I was inspired by the Boker Damascus knives you've posted.
That mug of yours is a fine looking piece. It goes well with the Menefee and Steigass knives.

And there's another great-looking 'sensible' FB! :D Nice Resolza too:thumbup:

Thanks my friend! :)

Really liking the Resolza sitflyer, is it a custom maker? I've been obsessed with resolzas after I was gifted one from Italy

Yes Ryouchijtx, it was made by Davide Steri, and acquired by way of "the Sardinian connection" ;)
It is a joy to have and use such a beautiful knife. Thanks for the kind words.

I carried these all week...

BNh41Ol.jpg

The sheath keeps both items upright and aligned in my pocket-- back pocket, for me. :cool: Lacking even the semblance of leather-stitchy skills, I'm thinking of adding another Pocono and breaking it in more 'generically'-- although the Arno Bernard Porcupine might be a challenge to secure even so, being so much skeenier spine-to-blade/handle than the others.

Eg55ZXY.jpg

(The top two, a Green River/VCM Patch Knife and the Bark River Mini Canadian, each have a squared-off, flatter sheath that works well in a the long side pocket of my work pants, and can be on my belt otherwise.)

~ P.

Wonderful lineup P. :thumbup::thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup::)

This one will soar above the storm with me today

"The eagle does not escape the storm. It simply uses the storm to lift it higher. It rises on the winds that bring the storm."

Eagle/Phila

18308777105_02b197fa10_b.jpg

Awesomeness !!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::)

Haven't carried this one in a while and felt like something different today.

Beautiful knife. :thumbup::thumbup::)

I really like that pairing. :thumbup::thumbup:

Enabler !!! :grumpy::grumpy::D

In the pocket again today

DSCF2349_zpsso7gfqwm.jpg~original

I love that knife Philllll. :thumbup::thumbup::D

The totin' thread could be the Sunday picture show today - great knives and photos everyone !

Back to my roots today:
wvzofn.jpg

n6at8n.jpg

2ajx8ut.jpg

...in this KSF Pocono pocket sheath. Ignore the mis-aligned lumps; I'd previously wet-formed the sheath to two different blades/tools, and am using it now with these to see how I like it. I really do!

aPRMs6r.jpg

The sheath keeps both items upright and aligned in my pocket-- back pocket, for me. :cool: Lacking even the semblance of leather-stitchy skills, I'm thinking of adding another Pocono and breaking it in more 'generically'-- although the Arno Bernard Porcupine might be a challenge to secure even so, being so much skeenier spine-to-blade/handle than the others.

Nice set up. I've had mine in my left front pocket with my cellphone next to it, keeping it upright.
Until I use the phone and things go sideways, and I have to do some rearranging to put it back. :D

Eg55ZXY.jpg

(The top two, a Green River/VCM Patch Knife and the Bark River Mini Canadian, each have a squared-off, flatter sheath that works well in a the long side pocket of my work pants, and can be on my belt otherwise.)

~ P.

That patch knife is fine! :thumbup:

Back