What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

That's a nice looking JoshRG hunter, Jeff! And those two give you all the blade that one would need.

Have a dress/friday going to a meeting knife on me today. My First Ohta slipjoint in burled maple.

The exposed filework has a soothing feel to it. Pic's don't do it justice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that TC is aging beautifully! It looks like a 50+ year old knife.

Constant rain all day, carried this..to open this long awaited 92 (Onl
tumblr_o5abnflU6m1rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

Congratulations on getting ahold of a 92. I am quite jealous.

It must be early, as I thought I made this post 10-15 minutes ago, but must not have submitted it :)

Can't believe it's Friday again already! I hope everyone had a great week, and is looking forward to the weekend!

Friday for me is a fun day, because it's cattle knife day!!!!

20160408_072237.jpg

Great looking Bose cattle knife you've got there!
(the BRKT ain't to shabby either)

just my messed up 2014 bladeforums today

Looks like a winner to me!:thumbup:

It is getting harder and harder to walk out the doors with only one knife these days...
So I settled on these three today.
rMJdp5k.jpg

Early Cocobolo Catt Bare-head Jack, iron bolsters and liners, hard snaps, closed length 3.25 inches:
zw0u8i.jpg

Imperial Scout (1936-1953 era) with composition scales - bought as a package deal with the Catt.
2a6t35x.jpg

Early Cocobolo Catt Bare-head Jack, iron bolsters and liners, hard snaps, closed length 3.25 inches:
zw0u8i.jpg

Imperial Scout (1936-1953 era) with composition scales - bought as a package deal with the Catt.
2a6t35x.jpg
love that cocobolo. excellent deep color.

I have 2 favorites with me today.
b1d8f91d42fb8607de66c2853eff07fe.jpg

Not sure I can put this knife up. I just may have to go for 3 weeks with this knife. I think I may have too much stuff. When carrying a new knife a week is not happening and you own them...you may have a problem. Not the worst problem to have though.

Enjoy the weekend.

c7d076e047800e8614a47ac81817cb5f.jpg

Northwoods Demin Michigan Jack
IWC BP #5009 on a buster rubber strap

Sorry, what's the name of that blade style again? [emoji31]

Sent by P F M !
Hey Tony
ya know, I have no freakin' idea. :eek: I have been told that it was born of the need for a one hand opener for the large number of amputees resulting from WW1. Can any of you guys confirm if this has any truth?
The blade in question.
26232532961_507d779dda_b.jpg

Sorry, what's the name of that blade style again? [emoji31]

Sent by P F M !

Hey Tony
ya know, I have no freakin' idea. :eek: I have been told that it was born of the need for a one hand opener for the large number of amputees resulting from WW1. Can any of you guys confirm if this has any truth?
The blade in question.
26232532961_507d779dda_b.jpg

One arm razor or if more specifically a Stew's blade when dealing with GEC. I'm pretty sure I've heard it called another name or two, too.
Hope this helped.

Here's one(of many) thread on the subject:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...-cut-out-at-the-tip-the-blade-Useful-or-silly

If it has a clip point and a razor, equal length, I've often seen it labeled as a "razor trapper". "One armed razor" if the second blade is a shorter 'pen' blade, or there's only the razor. I noticed yours has the higher blade-side point at the end of the razor. I'm sitting here with a razor trapper in my pocket, just pulled it out to compare. No pic offhand, it's short 'n heavy, pakistan made, yes I know the crappy rep those knives have. At a glance mine looks different. Hmm.... The front point is worn down almost even with the back one, from some sharpening and sheer use. Was my father's carry knife twenty to thirty years since. Some days I choose to carry this over a Case or Boker, because of the one handed option. I've pulled this one for everything from cutting bandage tape to chiseling out a damaged doorframe, gardening, fishing, eating. I also sanitize it before eating or medical use.
Parker Cut. Co calls theirs a "Pillbuster", etches that one the blades. Frost a one-arm with nice blade etching, so long as it stays on a shelf and isn't handled much.
Getting back to the thread topic (and digging further in my pockets), here's a frost canoe that needed tlc, and a Case camping / boyscout knife on my belt for a backup tool. Nothing top end, but they keep me going.

Thanks guys - I was referring to the odd blade tip- is That for one hand opening?

Sent by P F M !

So many admirable posts, and between more work than I can handle and tax returns to file, I have too little time to enjoy them. :(
But I can try! :D

That 44OT workmate looks blazing sharp GT.

my carry today....2015 forum knife showing off its micro bevel.. Love this pattern.
d4487caa0866ebab503637a5b757429e.jpg
Thanks, jrawk. Cool Forum knife; the edge glitters! :cool:

I love the backstory behind this knife GT, and the formula looks really good on it as well :thumbup: :cool:

City knife and beer scout for me today.

Gary
I always appreciate your kindness and comments. Thank you sir!! I too love the R8shell knife:thumbup::thumbup: So much meaning in it:D
…
Thanks, Tom & Gev; r8shell has impressive talent and a big heart! :cool: Tom, another great duo! :thumbup: Do you have any “guiding principles” as you pick your pairs each day?

…Thanks GT, I do enjoy carrying something older than myself! :D If you do a search online, you will come across page after page of sometimes rather heated debate about this pattern, and arguments about whether or not it was a British military issue pattern, a private purchase pattern, or included as a 'gift knife' in tins sent to British and Commonwealth troops during WW1. Interesting I have one with the 'Keen Kutter' mark ;)
…
Thanks for being a good teacher, Jack! Now I know a little about “gift knives” and have some hints about where I can learn more. :thumbup:

Love this new Davison! It's close to the same size as a #15 with a touch more handle...

Congrats on the groovy new Davison, Jake! Love the bone handles. :thumbup:

Haven't posted in some time... got these two today.

26292965295_b1347be37e_c.jpg
[/url]Sodbuster Jr. and Seahorse Whittler by major_works, on Flickr[/IMG]
What a glorious pair, major_works; I’m always bowled over by the Case chestnut jigged bone models! :thumbup: I hope that pair is destined to reappear in the “Notable Pairs” thread. Are the blades on both knives Case CV steel, or does the Seahorse Whittler have Tru-Sharp (stainless) blades?

A Catt and Primble ISW today:

346vo9d.jpg

3163o1g.jpg
Gorgeous exemplars of the cutler's craft, Primble! :thumbup:

…
GT - the Old Timer is my pick of that litter, old timer. I don't ever (or hardly ever) post hidden meanings - probably just your conscience at work ! :eek:;):D

P.S. - giving Primble a hard time just for sport just might earn you some serious demerits - just sayin'. :grumpy::D
Thanks, Primble. :) I suppose it could be my "conscience at work", but sometimes I think my conscience retired some time ago while I keep working! :(:rolleyes: I'm not too worried about demerits, since I only attempt to give you a SEMI-hard time. :D

Took the Old Guys and a 77 into town today.

Harry
Gaudy Guys you got there, Harry! :thumbup:

Thanks everybody for your comments.

The knife is a very nice and sleek present from my fine friend M.Jolipapa, great faux Shadow.

The photograph is a rare actual colour photograph - not tinted or coloured later - of French soldiers (infantry and artillery I believe) taking a break around a campfire prior to their decisive victory in the Battle of the Marne in September 1914.

Thanks, Will
Thanks for some background on that grand photo, Will. :cool:

So many great pictures posted every day!

The ones I carried today were a Case Barlow and a Vic Electrician.

cttzG03l.jpg

Have a good one!

Ken K.

Like that Barlow Ken !!!

Harry
Both good lookers, Ken, and while I can see why Harry likes the Barlow, I'm kind of partial to the old cross Electrician. :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words, Harry.
Here is a better picture, and I do believe it is CSC fixie has Rams Horn.

Steve, I probably can't tell ram's horn from unicorn, but I do know that I find that blondish horn to be very handsome! :cool:

- GT

Carried this one today. An old Sabre hawkbill that was in poor shape I just finished rebuilding. Here is a before shot

And here it is all finished up and somewhat shiny. I used some heart pine a friend gifted to me a while back

Last edited:
The Baby Butterbean was my Dad's first Case knife back in 2004 in pocket worn red bone. Carrying this one today, I can see why he loved it so much. After stepping out of the box, I am officially addicted to the Canoe patterns and - uh - Dewar's too. [emoji6]

47e4ec1fd23e1aefe00da7772fae6dbf.jpg

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the compliments on the Pepe Jalomo Lanny's Clip- it really blew me away, he's got truly special skill (there will be more to come, that's for sure).

WOW! Amazing restoration :thumbup:

Carried this one today. An old Sabre hawkbill that was in poor shape I just finished rebuilding. Here is a before shot

And here it is all finished up and somewhat shiny. I used some heart line a friend gifted to me a while back

And here it is all finished up and somewhat shiny. I used some heart line a friend gifted to me a while back

Wow! That looks great. Fantastic restoration job.

Back