What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Carried this one today. An old Sabre hawkbill that was in poor shape I just finished rebuilding. Here is a before shot

And here it is all finished up and somewhat shiny. I used some heart line a friend gifted to me a while back

That turned out great!

Fantastic job BigHaze51! New life for a knife.

Congratulations on getting ahold of a 92. I am quite jealous.
walk out the doors with only one knife these days...
So I settled on these three today.
Haha it was incredibly tumultuous to get this one..I should start my post in the Good Bad and Ugly. But well worth the wait.

How do you like the Eureka? I think it's a fantastic knife especially in the Antique Greenboone, mine gets a fair bit of use I can tell you. Hoping for another run of these, especially the Talon Spear which I missed out on last time :grumpy: Very well finished with that wraparound spring too.

Regards, Will

I love it Will :) I really enjoy the fact that it's a barehead pattern with no shield.
A secret birdie can tell you that GEC doesn't know if they'll be running the eureka jack (probably a no) which is why I jumped on this one. They will be running talon single blades though.
On me today~
tumblr_o5cl6u9oBB1rzq6m9o2_r1_1280.jpg

Not very nice out today , so just staying in and carrying a pocket full because I can .

Harry
I really like that Daddy Barlow a lot, Harry! Splendid knife!

Early Cocobolo Catt Bare-head Jack, iron bolsters and liners, hard snaps, closed length 3.25 inches:
zw0u8i.jpg

Imperial Scout (1936-1953 era) with composition scales - bought as a package deal with the Catt.
2a6t35x.jpg

Talk about restoration/primblization:D You ought to show the before pictures...wow!!

Talk about restoration/primblization:D You ought to show the before pictures...wow!!

I think it lived a large part of it's life in a damp toolbox.

( Corraled me another nice Catt Whittler today )

Since you asked: :D

33wy4qx.jpg

It spoke to me to stop at this point. ;)
erk9yh.jpg

Brother Catt - same style and same size knife with end caps, brass liners, and NS bolsters:
16aqp9y.jpg

Last edited:
Such a pity GEC abolished the Acorn shield:grumpy: Conductor in Antique Yellow, a kind of Winterbottom Bone, stainless naturally!:D

Good looker Will !!! :thumbup::)

RJ and Old Baldy for me today ;) :thumbup:

Old baldy looks very fine old and bald Mr. Jack ! :thumbup::D

Not very nice out today , so just staying in and carrying a pocket full because I can .

Harry

Beautiful Harry ! :thumbup::)

love that cocobolo. excellent deep color.

I have 2 favorites with me today.
b1d8f91d42fb8607de66c2853eff07fe.jpg

Thank you jrawk - fine colors going on with your pair as well. :thumbup::)

Gorgeous exemplars of the cutler's craft, Primble! :thumbup:

Thanks, Primble. :) I suppose it could be my "conscience at work", but sometimes I think my conscience retired some time ago while I keep working! :(:rolleyes: I'm not too worried about demerits, since I only attempt to give you a SEMI-hard time. :D
- GT

Thank you GT _ I reckon you didn't think much of my ole Imperial Scout then. ;):D

Carried this one today. An old Sabre hawkbill that was in poor shape I just finished rebuilding. Here is a before shot
And here it is all finished up and somewhat shiny. I used some heart line a friend gifted to me a while back

Great job of bringing that one back from the grave ! :thumbup::)

Wonderful knives everyone! Hope a great weekend is had by all. Heading out the door for the weekend and have these two with me :D

Nice Jeff! Glad you found one from Josh

Have a dress/friday going to a meeting knife on me today. My First Ohta slipjoint in burled maple.

The exposed filework has a soothing feel to it. Pic's don't do it justice

I really like that SBS ! What's the OAL on that thing? Looks long n sleek.

Friday afternoon/ evening carry...

Wow, I love that! Talk about resurrection!

Great knives everyone!

Thanks for the comments Harry and GT.

Beautiful Ohta swaybacksteve. Very nice bunch of Barlows Harry. Terrific looking knives jrawk.

Today I'm going with a GEC Talon and a Vic Pioneer.

U9DKTkKl.jpg

Have a good one!

Ken K.

Too cold and too lazy to go brace the winds for a decent picture, but I'm toting these two.
image_zpso8brmfbg.jpeg

The #98 fits into my back pocket surprisingly well and the #77 is just a pure joy to own!

Enjoying a beautiful Saturday, hope all you are too. These two are with me today, I just received this fixed blade back from J.S. Tad Lynch, he re-handled it in Koa after the maple took on a small crack.

ABS J.S. Tad Lynch gentlemens bowie, wrought iron guard and differentially heat treated random pattern damascus, forged by Tad; and a Zulu from Johnny Stout with ABS Master Smith Jon Christensen mosaic feathered damascus blade, Mike Tyre feathered damascus bolsters

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

original ink line spalted cross cut maple
attachment.php

Heavily used but not abused GEC #72 Scout Lockback

Right after a Juniper fence post job

c0oWAE3.jpg

Cleaned up a bit after the job

z4ueV1H.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. A little cloudy here but otherwise a great day. Got these with me.

"If I could only fly"

21637532155_f0050fa2c6_b.jpg

In Memory of Merle Haggard

[video=youtube;24cqKEjAALg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24cqKEjAALg&nohtml5=False[/video]

Kris, the new Koa handle looks much better to me. Draws more attention to the pattern in the blade and gives it a darker overall look. Very nice.

David, I like how the lanyard hole is placed high in the handle on that LC...great choice of shield also!

Back