What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Tim, your Dowell "city knife" is looking great. I hope your move went well. :)

I carried one of my favorite TCs today. Spear points look so classic.

Thanks Dean, the single spear is a favourite of mine too. Move isn't done yet but I hope a couple more days shall do it.

Dowell modified Lanny's. [emoji1305]

Nice to see you post Moshé :) Great CF on that one.

Fantastic stag Brett

Today with the new single blade sowbelly~

tumblr_o5jog19Hdw1rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

Thank you kindly, Bob!:D Just doesn't want to leave my pocket

25758049313_4914d5d2ae_b.jpg

D

Sometimes those nice old ones just want to go on a longer ride Gevo !!!! Glad to see that you made it out of that graveyard !!!!!
Thanks for your kind remarks about today's carry !!!!

Harry

Sometimes those nice old ones just want to go on a longer ride Gevo !!!! Glad to see that you made it out of that graveyard !!!!!
Thanks for your kind remarks about today's carry !!!!

Harry

I'm happy about it to Harry...lol. My pleasure my friend!

I think I'm gonna call that picture..."Listening to the Wind" by Merele Haggard

What day is it? Wednesday already?? Oops, I think most of the comments that follow are about posts from Sunday or Monday. Oh, well, it’s the thought that counts.

Thanks! I almost lost it today, apparently there's a hole in my back pocket. It fell out, but thankfully I heard it hit the floor.

Carried these for Sunday lunch with the family.

5b91fc0ed9ad53f416619a11475f7658.jpg

…
The black and red look great together! Glad you didn’t lose your new camp knife! :thumbup:

I have not posted in this thread since Wooden Wednesday. But I have been totin' every day. I have been in a stockman mood this week.

Thursday and Friday Uncle Henry 886UH

25639335353_1777aa7175_b.jpg

Saturday and Sunday Buck 301

26261690942_95374cefae_b.jpg
Couple of classic workers, Ron! :thumbup:

…I’m carrying my latest find: a little barehead jack by Terrier Cutlery. There's just something about carrying a 100 year old knife. :) LO (or is it LD?) took good care of it. ...
Congrats on finding that noble old Terrier jack, r8shell! :cool:

Great photos, Gary. One of those inspired the photo of my carry today. :)

Thanks, Dean. Nifty pic of your Presidential! :cool:

…
Just some of my favorites
Wow! That’s a noteworthy pair, johnnyfive! :thumbup:

Very busy day and terrible weather , so I have to use some older pictures.
Cattaraugus Hunter's Pride

…
Northfield 73

…
Harry
Another notable pair! Very nice, Harry! :cool:

These two today...

A rest for my Fish Barlow today

4HOakz.jpg

…
Outstanding covers on those knives, Paul, and they match very well! :thumbup:

Optimal pics of an opulent knife, Gev! :thumbup:

Thanks GT, and no it is not my presidential. It is a sheepsfoot 15 that mrknife generously sent me.
I'm carrying the 15 again. This knife tics so many boxes for me. I don't see myself leaving it at home anytime soon.
O2bmDYf.jpg
Thanks for the correction, Erik. :) That sheepsfoot black 15 is hypnotic! :thumbup:

I just posted this in the modified production knives thread but thought I'd throw it in here as well since it will be in my pocket tomorrow too. I just "Bighazedified" my Case 3318 medium stockman.

This is going to make a great little worry stone for the pocket
High quality mod, BH51; looks premier! :thumbup:

Talon was in my pocket all weekend

What a nice weekend it was!!!

Couple of excellent photos, Dan! :cool:

Week's catch-up. Turning 40 Monday. If I don't get a reprieve from these hours I may not see 41. :eek:

Monday, Tuesday AND Thursday -- this trio may see a lot of carry in the future:

Wooden Wednesday:
Old Friends Friday -- the Texas Jack on its first carry after obtaining and cleaning it up some, the Klass gunboat also on its maiden voyage:

Stag Saturday -- another Klass and a Queen peanut:
Synthetic Sunday -- thankfully the TL-29 was along to save the day on a couple occasions:
Happy belated 40th, TB; it's good to see you back! :thumbup:
Lotta fine knives for you last week! :cool: What's the bottom one in the first (MT Th) pic? And how about more pics and info about that Klaas gunboat? :confused::confused:

Sorry I have been away a couple of days GT. Not really, I like to have a scout pattern or SAK for the tools and a small fixed blade or single blade folder in general. Daily I try to just carry something different than the previous day. I really just grab whatever feels right for the day, some days are more ALOX-y, some more scout-like :). I put more thought into the sheath, whether it is supposed to be a dry day or not. Today is not ;), so a treated sheath and stainless steel.

Thanks for the reply, Tom; I hadn't even thought about decisions involving sheaths. Nice rainy-day pair! ;)

Today it's a 2011 Forum Knife and a Vic Cadet.

SMn3sq1l.jpg

Have a good day all!

Ken K.
That Forum knife sure is a looker, Ken! :thumbup:

Harry
That’s a handsome handful, Harry! :thumbup:

…Today has been a rainy, miserable day. I needed some sunshine in my pocket, so I carried this one.

Cheerful choice, Dean; does that knife come with sunglasses? ;)

…Fixed and TC

IMG_0050_zpsbx2gyvdg.jpg
You’ve got a great pair of knives there, Mark! :cool:

I don't normally tote this big knife around, but today I wanted to see this one in the sunlight.

image.jpg3_zpsh8m0dowu.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsf5rggxof.jpg
Stunning covers on that one, Travman! :eek::thumbup:

Totin' an ole Catt Whittler that came in the mail this morning:
2e6c1f9.jpg
Congrats on another “once-in-a-lifetime” specimen, Primble!:thumbup::D

Gorgeous old whittler, CDS! :thumbup:

I like the whole litter GT !! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::)

You were thinking right for most of the time. I usually try to find the best I can find, but, every now and then take the challenge on one that needs more than a little. ;):D
Thanks, Primble. I appreciate your insights. :thumbup:

My river walk today had the Farmer and 83

Couple of wonder knives, Steve! :thumbup:

Today was a Micarta Monday for me! :D

24877084596_c4a0daf610_b_d.jpg
Mighty majestic micarta, Ron!

Today's Mundane "40 ain't nothin' but a number" Monday carry -- I really like this trio:

That's a terrific trio, Tsar! :thumbup: Again, I'd love to hear more about that knife on the left.

Moving house again..4th time in the last 2 years. Kept it simple~
Hope the move went smoothly, Tim! :thumbup:

Gotta get my taxes done this week, so I'm carrying some black knives in mourning. :rolleyes:
Colt canoe:
PbcXNRQl.jpg

Vic Pioneer:
4CLK65nl.jpg

Camillus electrician's knife:
TWhhjnDl.jpg

- GT

^ I like your dark side tax themed carries GT :thumbup:

I am totin' some blue today in support of the St. Louis Blues pro hockey team, who will likely be eliminated in the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs by the Chicago Blackhawks.

A little wooden Wednesday. I love split-backs and the swell-centered variety are amongst my favorite.

26414440195_89cc428726_c.jpg

Back